(AMV) Question for y'all

evanASF27 12-27-2006 10:09 PM
Well I dunno how this will go down seeing as how rarely doees *anyone* come to this section.... *Sigh* It's a shame... But anywho--

Because I've discovered recently (and by recently I mean 2 months ago) that there is an annual Anime convention relatively close to my college (AnimeUSA), I've decided to try and persue entering and winning their Anime Music Video contest to see if I actually got what it takes.
The AnimeUSA '06 con is already over and done with (and I was unable to enter or even GO there this year)... but I wanna plan for next year. So you're asking why the thread?

I wanna get a repetoir of videos set out that I'll focus on to produce for my entries into the AnimeUSA AMV contest next year. I've got a couple of ideas but I wanna get opinions from people here and elsewhere (I'm asking folks on other boards too).

In the above poll are my ideas for my blockbuster the AMV's which I hope to plan/produce/make over the course of 2007 whose sole purpose is entry into the contest. Up there is also one of my "already made" videos which I'm thinking about revising/enhancing/improving to meet the contest's entry standards.

Aside from voting in the poll (WHICH I BEG OF YOU TO DO!!!1 Crying ) I also appreciate verbal/posted comments and suggestions. Anime Smile

Thanks
~ Evan

** NOTE! **
Inside the parentheses "( )" is the Anime + music for each video... with the exception of Snoopy's Heaven's Day. Information on that can be found using the "Search" function and reading stuff.
Example:

Paradigm Paradigm (Big O + Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York")
^ title of AMV .... ^The Anime ....... ^ The Music it's set to

I also forgot to add this option to the poll... damn:
Requiem for the Dream (Trigun + "Requiem for a Dream" version by The Kronos Quartet)
(That version of "Requiem for a Dream" was used in LotR trailers)
Nine Kuze 12-28-2006 01:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
So you're asking why the thread?

I am, but you got my attention so go on.

I voted for Paradigm, Paradigm (Big O + "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra) since i'm interested to see how you can fit Sinatra's stuff into the realm of Paradigm.

Also, I do like the Shambala (Full Metal Alchemist + "Sedona" by Steven Reineke) and Requiem for the Dream (Trigun + "Requiem for a Dream" version by The Kronos Quartet) since its FMA nonetheless and even though I'm not that big of a fan, I did like the the LOTR original score and would like to hear its version of Requiem of a Dream. So yeah.
Peace.
Capt. Quekolis 12-28-2006 05:30 PM
Yeah both the New York and the 1941 songs are great. The music is awesome.
Capt. Quekolis 12-29-2006 08:56 PM
A Big O amv to the music "Back in Black by AC/DC could be fitting also.
evanASF27 12-30-2006 09:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
A Big O amv to the music "Back in Black by AC/DC could be fitting also.

Ermm... never heard that song. Or at any rate I don't recognise it off the top of my head. I try to stick with songs or soundtracks I'm familiar with.

Well the poll is coming along nicely. Smile KEEP VOTING FOLKS! ^_^

I've been trying to keep myself busy and I've realized there's yet ANOTHER video I haven't completed... this one is an AMV. Below I have a sample from the video:

"Big John" CLIP

Regardless of the contest I'm going to finish this one up. Please post opinions of the video segment. I know it's not complete, but if enough people like what they see I might throw it into the ring Smile

*edit*
Clip removed
Pygmalion 12-31-2006 12:45 AM
If you want your video to be recognized by a larger anime audience, probably the FMA AMVs would be the ones to choose. For myself, I would very much like to see you do "Paradigm, Paradigm."

quote:
It's up to you, New York, New York!

Pygmalion
Heavy Metal Instro 02-26-2007 03:35 PM
Dude man you should totally do 1941/ Big O.

I think theres that episode with the flying megaduse, and then it crashes and that Schwardtvol guy pops out of it, that could resemble John Belushi.

I'd watch that, it would be a hoot.
Dangerous 02-26-2007 03:44 PM
who are those treators who didn't vote for big o ?
evanASF27 02-26-2007 04:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Heavy Metal Instro
Dude man you should totally do 1941/ Big O.

I think theres that episode with the flying megaduse, and then it crashes and that Schwardtvol guy pops out of it, that could resemble John Belushi.

I'd watch that, it would be a hoot.

Well the 1941: Big O video has already been made. I would only enhance it and give it better quality and some crossfades for the contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI31-S6Rf4c