Worst First Episode Ever!

Asirt 12-25-2006 12:51 PM
Was there a series you saw that had the worst first episode ever?! Tell us about it here!

Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z -

Worst. First. Episode. Ever. Pure and simple. This episode lacked the hardcore fighting action in the later episodes, had some really bad comedy, and a battle was stopped so that the heroes and the villains could eat some ice cream? WTF?! Horrible introduction to the series. Why would a villain steal candy from babies, anyway?
Tickle Tickle 12-27-2006 10:32 AM
It's actually kind of hard to say. In most cases, I find the first episode of a series to be the best.

Iga no Kabamaru - Not really bad, but a bit boring. It's not as hyper or as fast as the rest of the series. Does a nice job of sitting everything up though.

Mazinger Z - Why, why, why did they spend so much time on Baron Ashura and Dr. Hell? Kouji didn't even appear until about 10 minutes into the episode! Not to mention he doesn't even find Mazinger Z until the end of the episode. But what do you expect? Susumu Takaku wrote the episode. Eeep.

Steel Angel Kururmi - Again, not really bad. It did however, it was just too slow.
I-jin 01-01-2007 12:55 AM
what about one-peices first episode? ((even though the rest of the anime was horrible!))
seraphjei 05-05-2007 03:15 AM
God Lunar Legend Tsukihime has got to be the most boring uneventful first episode I have ever seen. The rest of the show is fine though, and the main character's slick knife makes up for everything.

And just for the record, I will vehemently defend One Piece. One Piece hauls ass, although the dub doesn't.
Sharpshooter005 05-06-2007 07:14 AM
Inuyasha (and by first episode, I mean all of them, and the movies.)