Your Worst Last Ending Episode

Nine Kuze 12-17-2006 02:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
So... anyone gonna make a "worse last episode of an anime"? Tongue

Thanks for the idea, Umino.

Um, this is like the Best last episode of an anime thread except on the polar opposite of what is your worse episode of the ending of an anime series?

To start off, I'd say that some of the worst endings for me were;

InuYasha: It didn't really end, and it was the same battle against Naraku who ended up fleeing anyway that they have shown numerous of times before.
s-cry-ed: would have saved itself if it ended two episodes prior but this ending where Ryuho and Kazuma beat the sh** out of each other wasn't really needed by any means. Alright fight, but there was no point to it at all.

Anybody else got any worst endings to share?
Peace.
Scourge 12-17-2006 02:49 PM
The end of Evangelion but then again a crappy ending to a crappy show, it seems fitting.
Nine Kuze 12-17-2006 02:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
The end of Evangelion but then again a crappy ending to a crappy show, it seems fitting.

You mean the actual episodes, like Episodes 25 and 26 or the moive itself? Because I kind of agree with the former of the two. Didn't even show any Evas and it was all in his head. Come on, but the movie is alright to me.

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
quote:
Thanks for the idea, Umino.


Yay!

but it's Umino.

Oh snap, sorry about that. For some reason, I always do that with your name.
Peace.
Scourge 12-17-2006 03:04 PM
They both sucked.
Raven 12-17-2006 03:44 PM
The extra final episode of MSG 08th MS Team made me cry. I was also extremely disappointed and confused with the last two episodes of Evangelion. Thank God they made a movie to have some kind of actual ending.
seraphjei 12-17-2006 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
The end of Evangelion but then again a crappy ending to a crappy show, it seems fitting.

You mean the actual episodes, like Episodes 25 and 26 or the moive itself? Because I kind of agree with the former of the two. Didn't even show any Evas and it was all in his head. Come on, but the movie is alright to me.
Peace.


I for one enjoyed both endings, the idea was to avoid the typical anime ending, which they did very well. However watching it the first time through was...bizzare. I agree about Inuyasha having by far one the worst endings ever...or in my opinion anime with a lack of an ending.
Tickle Tickle 12-18-2006 05:45 AM
quote:
Thanks for the idea, Unimo.


Yay!

but it's Umino.

Tokimeki Tonight: A really, really terrible ending. Episode focuses too much on Shun, and not on Ranze. Shun finds out he's the long-lost prince, but never admits it. Ranze, Shun, and Yoko's love triangle is left unresolved. Add insult to injury, the series closes with Ranze, Shun, and Yoko TRIPPING, and FALLING. If it hadn't been for the last episode ending (with everyone dancing) and some funny scenes I would've completely dismissed it.

Iga no Kabamaru: Actually, this did had a great ending. But the last episode is a complete parody that ends the series in a goofy way. (Think of Excel Saga's last episode)

Demon Lord Dante: A bad ending to a bad series. Took the "restart everything" route.

The Big O II: Completely confusing, a complete mish-mash of "imagery". Give me R-D back, damn it.
Capt. Quekolis 12-18-2006 07:38 PM
Yeah the last episode of Big O sucked balls
The Baker St. Irregular 12-19-2006 10:58 AM
You've got to understand that TBO was a mistreated series. The first season was originally supposed to have 26 episodes, but then it was cut down to 13. The same thing happened to the second season. No doubt there's a lot we were meant to see but never will.

Intuitively, I got the impression that the second season was too rushed and its story wasn't allowed to play out as it was intended. What would you do if some American cable television station asked you to come up with another season to a show that your own Japanese audience didn't care much about? I think Sunrise was in an awkward position one way or another, and it translated over to TBO II.

As Big O fans, I believe we can all agree that the world of Paradigm City had much, much more lurking beneath its surface than what we saw in either of the seasons.
minespatch 12-20-2006 04:16 AM
hack dot slash's ending are completly unfinished.
Asirt 12-20-2006 11:09 AM
His and Her Circumstances was a good series, but the ending... wasn't much of an ending. I though the series could have wrapped up the story better.
Hollow XXVI 12-20-2006 10:35 PM
The last ep of Kenshin, since it was cancelled during filler and the filler sucked SO hard.

Meh.
David Ryder 12-21-2006 01:09 AM
Eva, but then again Eva as pretty awful from the start and InuYasha but that show never had much going for it anyways.
Shady Dark Lady 12-21-2006 06:37 PM
I'd have to go with Evangellion, or Wolf's rain..I really HATED the ending to that, and I have to say when they killed off a certain character in Trigun, I quit watching..so I didn't care for that ending either..As for Inuyasha, I'm not sure it is really over yet, so I will hold judgement on that. I really like Inuyasha, but after a while, I'm like WTF??? are they EVER going to get Naraku or what?? I'll wait until the end of the series before I make that judgement.
Oh, I almost forgot..the travesty that was the ending to the original Hellsing series..Integra locked in the tower after the fight with Set..Thankfully, they are making the Hellsing Ultimate!!
Barrin 12-26-2006 12:44 PM
Evangelion was unconventional. It took quite a bit of brain power and some side research to come to terms with its message. there are people who don't like to think about their entertainment, and it goes over their heads. There are also those who think too hard about their entertainment, which mostly fits the Japanese description of the anime otaku. Evangelion had a weird TV ending, possibly due to budget restraints or Hideki Anno had had enough. The movie was his response to the fans, including the death threats he got over the TV ending, and he still didn't give a solid answer on the meaning of it all. The upcoming movies are said to finish the questions and bring the post-Eva world to a close.

As for His and Her Circumstances and Inuyasha, both had to diverge from the mangas they were based on, and that always messes with the ending.
Nine Kuze 12-27-2006 01:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shady Dark Lady
As for Inuyasha, I'm not sure it is really over yet, so I will hold judgement on that. I really like Inuyasha, but after a while, I'm like WTF??? are they EVER going to get Naraku or what?? I'll wait until the end of the series before I make that judgement.

Oh the series ended alright. Basically it was another common battle with Naraku, Inuyasha used the jewel shards to escape the belly of the beast (literally) and Kagome got her feet burned by stomach acid. That's it really. Imagine if the end of Big O was Eyewitness, that's pretty much how the end of InuYasha played out basically.

quote:
Originally posted by Barrin
Evangelion was unconventional. It took quite a bit of brain power and some side research to come to terms with its message.

Really? It made sense to me the first time around, but I guess that's because I watched the movie first then the series. And also, it made sense but the ending was still pretty idiotic nonetheless.
Peace.
Raven 12-27-2006 03:11 AM
The last two episodes of Eva really let me down. They were just too out of place after what they were building up to in the proceeding episodes. I also disliked the movie because of everything that went down with the characters.

spoiler (highlight to read):
I mean come on... You spend an entire series watching these characters go through emotional and physical struggles just so you can zap everyone into LCL in the movie... What the hell was that about? Besides that, Asuka lived! Shinji and Rei at the end would have been way more satisfying than Shinji and the girl who abused him and yelled at him all series because she was a jealous bitch.
StevieV019 12-27-2006 11:19 AM
God damn, people...no love at all for Eva...too bad. I loved the ending (and am probably the ONLY one who does) from both the episodes and the movie.

As for an ending to a series...Hellsing, DBZ (not that bad...but still), Ill have to think of some others...
Barrin 12-28-2006 09:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
The last two episodes of Eva really let me down. They were just too out of place after what they were building up to in the proceeding episodes. I also disliked the movie because of everything that went down with the characters.

spoiler (highlight to read):
I mean come on... You spend an entire series watching these characters go through emotional and physical struggles just so you can zap everyone into LCL in the movie... What the hell was that about? Besides that, Asuka lived! Shinji and Rei at the end would have been way more satisfying than Shinji and the girl who abused him and yelled at him all series because she was a jealous bitch.


As one person wrote in their review of End of Evangelion, it was like Hideki Anno saying: Screw you! You wanted fanservice, action, and Shinji getting kicked around? Fine, here it is, but you're still not going to understand it.
Seihou 12-28-2006 01:51 PM
s-cry-ed. I didn't exactly like the series to start, but the ending made me dislike it even more. It sucked.