My Opinion

Capt. Quekolis 12-16-2006 08:46 PM
It think that season three is in the works as we speak right now. Cartoon Network and adultswim is just playing around with us like the bastards they are. How could they just let something go and not continue it after the response they got after they aired all 26 episodes for the first time.
paul1290 12-16-2006 08:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
It think that season three is in the works as we speak right now. Cartoon Network and adultswim is just playing around with us like the bastards they are. How could they just let something go and not continue it after the response they got after they aired all 26 episodes for the first time.

I kind of doubt it. If they were working on a 3rd season then they probably wouldn't have been poking fun at Big-O for so long. They've been doing it to the point where it's causing Big-O to lose popularity, and I don't think that would be a good idea if they were going to show a 3rd season.

Also, I don't think lack of popularity was what caused them to not want to make a 3rd season, it was money. Big-O is a really expensive show. Other anime don't cost adult swim as much because they only have to pay for the rights to show them. With Big-O, they had to pay all the production costs of the 2nd season.

Of course, I hope turns out that I'm wrong and they really are making a 3rd season. However, that would be a bit too much wishful thinking. If the next showing of Big-O gets enough viewers then they might reconsider.
Capt. Quekolis 12-16-2006 10:13 PM
I understand what you're saying but don't you think that it doesn't make sense that they just dropped it like that after the response that it got. I revise what I say about it being in the works right now, but I just think that they will return to it and ad to it more eventually. Its just a matter of patience and support.
Krang 12-17-2006 02:20 AM
quote:
I understand what you're saying but don't you think that it doesn't make sense that they just dropped it like that after the response that it got.

If you want to know what Cartoon Network thinks of the response Big O got, see this interview.
evanASF27 12-17-2006 02:30 AM
*in reference to Krang's post above*

Ltwhipporwill, this is why there's been a movement (albeit small) to try and get either Cartoon Network to reconsider, or get another company to develope interest in continuing The Big O for a third season. Savebigo being the most notable, and the online petition coming in at a close 2nd.
Nine Kuze 12-17-2006 02:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
I understand what you're saying but don't you think that it doesn't make sense that they just dropped it like that after the response that it got.

If you want to know what Cartoon Network thinks of the response Big O got, see this interview.

That's a pretty good article there. Interesting to hear what her thoughts were on Big O, Evangelion, FMA, and the anime state in the US in general.

Even though I'm kind of put off on a Season 3 of the Big O (what can I say, I liked the ending as it is), I would really like to know what the head writer had in store and in mind for the next season.

Also, her picture scares me a little.
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 12-17-2006 02:43 AM
...are those..those weird "Living Dead Dolls" that she has with her?

Creepy if so, but she looks it.
David Ryder 12-17-2006 03:57 AM
There's not going to be a season three. It's that simple really.
paul1290 12-17-2006 09:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
Or get another company to develope interest in continuing The Big O for a third season.

I think that might be a more realistic option.

The ratings for Big-O pretty good actually. It's just that they didn't mean much to a network that regularly gets much higher ratings from other kinds of shows (like comedy). Also, like I said before, they had to pay a lot more for it. They weren't getting as many veiwers per dollar as they wanted. To cartoon network, Big-O will have to be more popular than many of their comedy shows for a 3rd season to be financially worthwhile.

Simply put, because they would have to pay for the entire costs of a 3rd season's production, a 3rd season would have to compete with the comedy shows for adult swim's money. Big-O is an anime, and because it appeals to a much more specific audience, anime doesn't compete well with comedy.

On the other hand, a network intended for a much more specific audience (such as a network that only shows anime) would be a lot more willing to fund a 3rd season of Big-O because its ratings would have much more significance to them.

Unfortunately that would all depend whether or not Adult Swim would be willing to sell the rights to Big-O. After putting that much money into the second season, it seems like they don't want to let go of Big-O right now despite the fact they don't want to make a 3rd season.
Nine Kuze 12-20-2006 01:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
There's not going to be a season three. It's that simple really.

Yeah, I agree and I wonder how long this gimmick is going to go on as well.

quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
Simply put, because they would have to pay for the entire costs of a 3rd season's production, a 3rd season would have to compete with the comedy shows for adult swim's money. Big-O is an anime, and because it appeals to a much more specific audience, anime doesn't compete well with comedy.

On the other hand, a network intended for a much more specific audience (such as a network that only shows anime) would be a lot more willing to fund a 3rd season of Big-O because its ratings would have much more significance to them.

Unfortunately that would all depend whether or not Adult Swim would be willing to sell the rights to Big-O. After putting that much money into the second season, it seems like they don't want to let go of Big-O right now despite the fact they don't want to make a 3rd season.

Um, that's true to a degree Paul but I think that the funding is indeed possible. [adult swim] puts a lot into anime in the first place, so its not some of the captial isn't there anyway.
Peace.