Sax Solo is Daemonseed

dkskool 12-12-2006 12:22 AM
Does anybody know where i can get the sax solo and the end of the Daemonseed episode, where at the end, the guy plays that christmas song on the solo, i thought it was awesome and was wondering if anybody knew where i can get that, If not, do you know the performer and song? Thank you soo much if u can answer this, i've been wonderin this for like 6 months but always forgot to ask.
dkskool 12-13-2006 12:13 AM
does anybody know??? I really want to know... badly, i will pray to you everyday if you can answer my question.
dominusofdeath 12-13-2006 08:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dkskool
does anybody know??? I really want to know... badly, i will pray to you everyday if you can answer my question.

Don't double post.
Revan 12-13-2006 09:43 AM
Isn't it just a jazzy version of Jingle Bells though? Oh Well
dominusofdeath 12-13-2006 09:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Revan

Exactly. Get a Kenny G album
NVWC2006 12-13-2006 05:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath
quote:
Originally posted by Revan

Exactly. Get a Kenny G album

psh. kenny g? go for john coltraine yo!

it's just taking a given melody, such as jingle bells or anything else, and combining it with improv. while it's easily possible to transcribe what was played, the core of the feel is that it comes from within the person's heart, not just copying what you heard.

fine the music for jingle bells. put it in the key you want. play it enough times that you have it memorized. then just loosen up. add some turns and trills in the music. if you know your music theory, add in some random intervals while staying in key. you'll know if you're out of key because it will sound bad ;-) just practice.
dkskool 12-14-2006 12:33 AM
i don't know how to play the sax, and i haven't taken music theory yet, thats next year for me. So yeah ill just loow up john coltrane or something like that.
NVWC2006 12-15-2006 08:53 PM
if u want a sax artist, Charlie Parker and John Coltraine are at top, but really to get improv, you'll want to hear many instruments-piano, trombone, trumpet, anything. so throw in Miles Davis, Count Basie, and others. don't not listen to someone because you don't know the name yet Happy