[Fan Fiction] Zelda fanfic maybe?

Mike 12-09-2006 07:26 PM
I am announcing my intentions to create a Legend of Zelda fanfic. It would take place before Ocarina of Time, during the war where Link's mother took him to the forest. (I just have to play it again to hear what the Deku Sprout tells you about that again so I get it right.)

I have to plan it out and all, but here's the basic idea:
spoiler (highlight to read):
The main character is a high-ranking knight in the Hylian army, who are fighting against the Twili for posession of the Triforce. It will show the forging of the Master Sword, building the lock of Spiritual Stones in the Temple of Time to seal away the Triforce so another war won't break out over it, and the banishment of the Twili to the Twilight Realm. Also, that soldier is OoT Link's father.
Revan 12-10-2006 06:24 AM
Sounds like a good idea! I'm a sucker for things like this so whatever you write I'll read! Big Grin

There's a lot of backstory in the Zelda series which is nicely filled in by fanfics! (Or if Nintendo write the official version but that's a different mattter)
Nine Kuze 12-11-2006 04:04 AM
I'm not that big on Zelda (never played it, hate me now) but the emphasis sounds good and if you do start up on this fanfic, make sure you finish it unlike that Star Wars fic you did.

I'm just saying, bruh.
Peace.
Mike 12-11-2006 06:03 PM
Yeah, if I start this, I'd actually plan out a storyline, instead of pulling it out of my ass like I did with the Star Wars one.
Nazrael 12-11-2006 07:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
I'm not that big on Zelda (never played it, hate me now) but the emphasis sounds good and if you do start up on this fanfic, make sure you finish it unlike that Star Wars fic you did.

I'm just saying, bruh.
Peace.

*le gasp*

You should really check out Ocarina of Time. One of the best Nintendo games.
Generalissimo D 12-11-2006 09:09 PM
Hi ho, hi ho, to the Nightingale this goes?
Hollow XXVI 12-12-2006 02:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
I'm not that big on Zelda (never played it, hate me now)

That just means you're sane, Nine.

..Past is pretty good though.
X Prime 12-12-2006 02:21 AM
Adventure of Link gets a bad rap.
Mike 12-19-2006 11:07 AM
Din. Nayru. Farore. These are the three Goddesses who created the land of Hyrule. They also populated the lands with many races: Gorons in the mountains, strong as the stones they mined. Zoras in the rivers and lakes, graceful as the waters they called home. Hardy Gerudo in the desert, made tough by their harsh environment. Hylians farmed the vast plains at the center of Hyrule and built a thriving city. There were tales of another race, the Kokiri, children of the forest, but these were mostly fairytales mothers told their children.

The Three Goddesses created Hyrule and then departed, leaving behind an artifact of their power: the Triforce, and anyone who held it would be able to rule the world.

The Triforce was hidden in a golden land called the Sacred Realm, the entrance to which was kept secret by the Royal Family of Hyrule. The kingdom was peaceful, but was occasionally shattered when some warlord made a move for the Sacred Realm, but the Triforce was always kept safe.

Until the rise of the Twili and their shadowy, forbidden magic.

The Twili were originally a group of Gerudo who discovered a dark, powerful magic. Zoras, Gorons, and Hylians all fell to their influence, and waged war against Hyrule to claim the Triforce as their own.

The fight was long and hard, and Hyrule was nearly destroyed. But, for the first of many times, a heroic swordsman and a princess worked together to save the world.