I need help.

Sara Comatori 12-04-2006 11:37 AM
I want to put pictures on my site but I need to know how to get rid of the white background. Can someone help?
The Baker St. Irregular 12-04-2006 11:47 AM
Okay. The white background of what, exactly? Maybe you should take a screen cap to show us what you're talking about.
Sara Comatori 12-04-2006 11:56 AM
Uh...I don't have an example with me...I just kinda need a little tutorial and I can work form that.
Nine Kuze 12-04-2006 02:00 PM
I'm going to pretend I know what I am talking about and hook up this link for Asirt's Image Editing Tutorials (http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thread.php?threadid=9684).

If you're looking to edit some of your pictures, I'm sure this could help in some form or another.
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 12-04-2006 05:53 PM
Nine, my lover in an illicit love affair behind my wife's back, are you like...PCF Wikipedia or something?

You're..helpful and know where everything is. It's kickin'.
X Prime 12-04-2006 08:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
Nine, my lover in an illicit love affair behind my wife's back

*Coughs*

Yeah, now he's getting neutered.
Asirt 12-04-2006 09:16 PM
This is what you're most likely looking for. You want to use a picture, but don't want the white background surrounding the main object, so you need to make the picture work with transparency. There are a number of ways of doing this, but this is a quick and easy way of doing it.

Load up your image in your perferred image editing program. I'm using The GIMP for this example, so the process may vary. As you can see, I have a logo that has a white background surrounding it.

In the toolbar, click on the "Fuzzy Select" icon (the one shaped like a magic wand), and select the parts that you don't want in the image (the white background). Hold the shift key to add more selections.

Do this until you are happy with the selection of the image. Now go to Edit --> Clear to remove the selection. You should have something like this:

Save this as a GIF or PNG image, since they both support transparency. This was just a quick job, though, so I'd mess with the settings dealing with the "Fuzzy Select". I'm glad to see this was helpful to you, Sara.
Sara Comatori 12-05-2006 11:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Asirt
OK, Sara. You're going to have to be more specific about what you want to do. I can't read your mind, so this is a guess. You want to use a picture, but don't want the white background surrounding the main object, so you need to make the picture work with transparency. There are a number of ways of doing this, but this is a quick and easy way of doing it.

Load up your image in your perferred image editing program. I'm using The GIMP for this example, so the process may vary. As you can see, I have a logo that has a white background surrounding it.

In the toolbar, click on the "Fuzzy Select" icon (the one shaped like a magic wand), and select the parts that you don't want in the image (the white background). Hold the shift key to add more selections.

Do this until you are happy with the selection of the image. Now go to Edit --> Clear to remove the selection. You should have something like this:

Save this as a GIF or PNG image, since they both support transparency. This was just a quick job, though, so I'd mess with the settings dealing with the "Fuzzy Select". Again, I don't know what you want, but I hope this helps.

Sorry I wasn't more of help but Arist hit the nail in the head. Thanks!