From the Ruins of Adult Swim...

Ace of Spades 11-28-2006 01:39 PM
A classic bump from when Adult Swim first started. If you remember these bumps they were hilarious.

Greatest Bump EVER!
Green_Bird 11-28-2006 02:15 PM
I remember those things...Ah the Days of Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star and when I didn't like Cowboy Bebop...frankly...I think they've grown up since the time where it was only Aqua Teen, Sealab, Space ghost, the Brak show, and a few anime series. But not by much...
NVWC2006 11-28-2006 08:02 PM
odd.. the oldest bumpers i remember from AS were those with old people actually swimming in a pool and an announcement calling for all younger divers to exit the pool.
Nine Kuze 11-29-2006 12:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
odd.. the oldest bumpers i remember from AS were those with old people actually swimming in a pool and an announcement calling for all younger divers to exit the pool.

That's what I was thinking too. I never saw this one, and with YouTube down for a minute (as I'm writing this post), I guess I won't be for awhile. I liked the old bumps, with the black and white theme with the characters' figure they had around 2002 myself.

EDIT: Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification, G_B.
Peace.
Green_Bird 11-29-2006 12:37 AM
Actually the Aqua man ones were run with the old people in the pool ones. Namely those of him in an aisle in a grocery store and under water I think was another one...
Ace of Spades 11-30-2006 01:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
Actually the Aqua man ones were run with the old people in the pool ones. Namely those of him in an aisle in a grocery store and under water I think was another one...

And the Spadecard Swordsman said... "LET THERE BE POST!"
Schwarzwald 12-01-2006 03:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006

Yeah those were the first I'm pretty sure, then they went on to some more cheap artsy thing, then I think the text bumps came into existence.

Ha, I don't actually remember Aquaman Dance Party, but that is very funny. ^^;. I like the text bumps, it's an interesting way to communicate, but occasional stuff like that is great.
Shady Dark Lady 12-07-2006 06:33 PM
Yeah, I remember those old bumpers..then they did those stupid burger king contest ones. They really should do some better ones. I'll bet people on this board could come up with some really great ones.
Sharpshooter005 12-08-2006 05:19 AM
As far as any of the bumps prior to the text ones..I'm not even sure if I had cartoon network before the text ones, or at least I didnt watch adult swim until they'd started those. I remember seeing a couple of the pool ones on a tape someone I knew made...so..yeah, before 'my time' I guess.

quote:
[QUOTE]I'll bet people on this board could come up with some really great ones.

A comparison of the ratings of family guy reruns and the ratings of episodes of 12 oz mouse or any of the other GOOD shows with the caption "they know not what they do". That'd be my choice.