The Thanksgiving Thread

Nine Kuze 11-22-2006 04:08 PM
Today is Wednesday.

Then, tomorrow will be Thursday where it will be my favorite holiday of the year (much love, Christmas), Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is that special time of the year when the big feast is cooked, the family strives to pretend to stand each other long enough to get together and eat said feast, and spend some quality time together and watching sports (especially football).

So with Thanksgiving here in PCF tomorrow, does anyone here have a plans for the holidays? If so, get your Thanksgiving on.
Peace.
Chitter-Box-Kat 11-22-2006 04:13 PM
This is the one day of the year where I get to see how much of a good cook my dad is. He makes a giant turkey that everyone helps stuff. Mashed potatoes. Corn. Gravy. Salad with crutons. The works. Usually.
Hobodoken 11-22-2006 04:15 PM
Sleep in, buy ingredients for chocolate cream pie, make chocolate cream pie, eventually eat Thanksgiving dinner, and then last minute Black Friday planning.
Generalissimo D 11-22-2006 04:16 PM
I'm planning to invite my neighbors over, kill them, and take their land.
Nine Kuze 11-22-2006 04:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
I'm planning to invite my neighbors over, kill them, and take their land.

Oh my.

So... are we watching the game afterwards or what?

Having some guests over but that basically it and I'll be helping my big sister with the cooking.
Peace.
David Ryder 11-22-2006 06:15 PM
Do what I do every year. Go over to my grandmothers house and eat, come home and play Smackdown 07'.
Pie_Junkie 11-22-2006 06:49 PM
Go to grandma's and finish cooking the meal. Eat wit' that family. Go home and sleep, maybe play somethin'. Usally fight on this day but sis has her boyfrind over so yeah.
Shadow dorothy 11-22-2006 07:34 PM
Tomorrows gonna suck for me. I don't mind the food part but I hate spending time with family.
Pie_Junkie 11-22-2006 09:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy
Tomorrows gonna suck for me. I don't mind the food part but I hate spending time with family.

I find alot of people feel that way. I do and not 'cuz I hate my family I just hate dealing wit' a bunch of them on a holiday.
Sharpshooter005 11-23-2006 02:52 AM

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO...
Hollow XXVI 11-23-2006 04:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
Do what I do every year. Go over to my grandmothers house and eat, come home and play Smackdown 07'.

...how did you play Smackdown 07 in 05?

Also with Thanksgiving I'm just going to eat alot and watch football. I can't go to any kind of big gathering this year so my immediate family's gonna be nice and stay here with me.
David Ryder 11-23-2006 04:57 AM
quote:
...how did you play Smackdown 07 in 05?

Time Travel. Minor mistake of my part, meant to just put Smackdown.

Also Turkatron for the win!
Hollow XXVI 11-23-2006 05:00 AM
Time traveling huh? Don't let that contraption fall into the wrong hands.
Wazpy 11-23-2006 08:18 AM
Here's a little Black Friday scheme for anyone interested:

1. Sneak a camera into a store selling cheap laptops.
2. Wait for the last person to get one.
3. Film that person getting punched in the face.
4. Sell your movie to a local news station.
Shady Dark Lady 11-23-2006 09:57 AM
You would have been better off capturing all that playstation 3 action.
I'm going to enjoy the eating and spending time with my family..but I'll be honest..after about an hour or two, I want to scream!! I can only take so much of my family (except my husband and kids), before it makes me want to smash my head against the wall...Thankfully, I'll be bringing the ipod, so when I get to that point, I can listen to some disturbing music for a few moments, then go back, nice and refreshed to deal with my Older Sisters & Parents some more
Blue Crow 11-23-2006 10:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO...

"wait.....is that taco pie?!"

um. for me, thanksgiving is getting up earlier than i should to watch a giant pikachu march through times square on tv (pokemon FTW) and then sitting in the corner of a room with my siblings making fun of the rest of our family.

then last year it included me driving an hour and ten minutes to see my girlfriend, and almost dying on the way due to the massive snow storm.

it's a great holiday, it really is.

- BC
Nine Kuze 11-23-2006 05:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow
then last year it included me driving an hour and ten minutes to see my girlfriend, and almost dying on the way due to the massive snow storm.

Actually that reminds me that last year, it was snowing pretty damn bad. And now, this year it was a pretty clear and mild day. That darn global warming.

Anyway, hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving. I had to run around the town a bit to gather supplies for my sister cooking and we didn't have that much items but what we had was a lot of it. Macaroni and cheese, collared greens, sweet potatoes, stuffing, and of course the main event with the turkey.

Also, anybody going holiday shopping tonight? Get your discount shopping on.
Peace.
Hobodoken 11-23-2006 05:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Also, anybody going holiday shopping tonight? Get your discount shopping on.

I'm heading to a friend's house around 11, probably, to play Wii all night until we go to do Black Friday stuff.
The Baker St. Irregular 11-23-2006 06:57 PM
Listening to Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Resturant". Pleased
Generalissimo D 11-23-2006 07:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
Listening to Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Resturant". Pleased

Wrong thread (?).