The Thanksgiving Thread

Chitter-Box-Kat 11-23-2006 08:46 PM
My mom cooked the turkey. And the stuffing. *BURP* Wolfed down scraps off the turkey while watching the end of V for Vendetta and a good chunk of The Triplets of Belleville. I repeat: *BURP*. Satisfaction is a stomach full of turkey and stuffing which will be folowed by mashed topatoes (that's what I call 'em) and corn.

Happy Turkey Day! Wink
Seihou 11-23-2006 09:06 PM
My god, the food was great, but holy hell did I eat too much! My mom prepped up some pumpkin soup, cranberry sauce, and some fresh, veggie mix. And my dad handled the turkey. Mighty good eatin', though. I'm stuffed like a turkey (bad pun intended).
Lupin IV 11-23-2006 10:34 PM
Phew. Still a half-hour until the day's over. So my wish is still vaild. Roll Eyes My computer is lagging to high holly, so I'll make it short and sweet.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.
The Baker St. Irregular 11-23-2006 10:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
Listening to Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Resturant". Pleased

Wrong thread (?).

The story in the song starts out with him going to Alice's house for Thanksgiving. Hilarity ensues.
Nine Kuze 11-23-2006 11:06 PM
So... it's not in the wrong thread then?

Also, I love Thanksgiving leftovers. Eating some right now and making them last til Christmas is always a fun challenge.
Peace.
Sir Nise 11-24-2006 10:28 AM
ham is the pinnacle of all meats
Nine Kuze 11-24-2006 12:58 PM
PRIME RIB... IT'S LIKE THE KING OF ALL MEATS.

I like honeybaked ham myself, but we had turkey for Thanksgiving yesterday. But Christmas though, we're going to be sporting that ham.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 11-24-2006 01:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
PRIME RIB... IT'S THE EMPEROR OF MEAT-KIND

Fixed it a bit for ya.
Nine Kuze 11-24-2006 01:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
PRIME RIB... IT'S THE EMPEROR OF MEAT-KIND

Fixed it a bit for ya.

That commercial would have been better if that was originally said, yeah.
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 11-24-2006 04:38 PM
That commercial totally sucks, yeah.
Mage 11-30-2006 12:26 AM
I drove from Philly to Boston to spend time with my family who had flown over for a big west coast meets east coast Thanksgiving. Which resulted in possibly the best Thanksgiving ever, because the food was really really good and the talk was almost enough to beat the best places to grow pot locally that we talked about last year. It was also made better because I escaped before I could be forced to celebrate my birthday with my family. Plus none of my family had seen me for over two months so there was for once no fighting and no odd tension.