Happy Feet

Generalissimo D 11-22-2006 01:59 PM
This movie is not what it seems.
Sharpshooter005 11-22-2006 02:03 PM
Yeah I've heard as much.

It still dosen't sound that interesting
Nine Kuze 11-22-2006 02:12 PM
What is it? An animated knockoff of March of the Penguins?

If Morgan Freeman isn't narrating it, then seriously, what is the point?
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 11-22-2006 02:13 PM
So what is it, some kind of message that I should accept penguins even if they can't dance? Or accept penguins that are speaking in accents for no good reason?
Sharpshooter005 11-22-2006 03:31 PM
quote:
If Morgan Freeman isn't narrating it, then seriously, what is the point?

Seriously, so many movies would become awesome if you just randomly inserteed morgan freeman narration that its not funny

quote:
So what is it, some kind of message that I should accept penguins even if they can't dance?

From what I remember of the plot summary I saw a week ago, it's some crap about religion (apparently) and some crap about humanity not being "kind" to nature.

You know. Issues that'll just generally "raise discourse" with people that I'm tired of hearing speak.
Generalissimo D 11-22-2006 03:32 PM
It's not about religion, its about Penguins tapdancing then becoming institutionalized.
Chitter-Box-Kat 11-22-2006 04:09 PM
It's a kids movie that parents can enjoy too. Themes include idividuality, and how songs don't need words or music.

I repeat: A KID'S MOVIE.

I'm gonna see it. Pleased
Hobodoken 11-22-2006 04:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
...how songs don't need words or music.

That makes no kind of sense. How can a song not have music?
Chitter-Box-Kat 11-22-2006 04:16 PM
It's like. . . Uh. . . It's hard to explain. HELP ME HERE.
Nine Kuze 11-22-2006 04:49 PM
Teh Hobo has backed her into a corner.

This is gettin' interesting.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 11-22-2006 04:56 PM
I'm pretty sure the lady did not intend to include "or music".
Nine Kuze 11-22-2006 05:00 PM
Probably not, but she did nonetheless.

And also, "individuality" was spelled wrong.
Peace.
Fujiko 11-22-2006 05:34 PM
A friend of mine went to go see it (along with an interview with the director of the movie), and from what I hear from him, although it includes those of issues of the environment and yadda yadda, it's somewhat offensive.

I don't know much of the details, so I can't give in my input.
David Ryder 11-22-2006 06:22 PM
Yeah Happy Feet is, from what I hear, a thinly veiled "Humans are bad and hurt the animals and nature" theme to it. Either way, I have not intention of seeing yet another CG movie with animals.
Sharpshooter005 11-22-2006 06:41 PM
Huh...apparently the review of this I skimmed was wrong. But then again it was also on like..AICN, and I'd forgotten why I ignore practically everything they say. In the future I will remember this.

Even if the review was right, I need to remember never to listen to what AICN says about stuff.

quote:
how songs don't need words or music.

I dont even know what you mean, but somehow I'm getting kind of a Philip Glass vibe from that description. Not a good thing
Hollow XXVI 11-23-2006 04:55 AM
Offensive because of the el loco spanish accents probably. They probably make the penguins eat tacos and laze around.
Fujiko 11-25-2006 11:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
Offensive because of the el loco spanish accents probably. They probably make the penguins eat tacos and laze around.

Yeah that's part of it, I'm sure. No tacos, no laziness, really nothing else that is stereotypically associated with hispanics/latinos.

I'm pretty sure my friend was mad cuz Robin Williams was the one voicing the leader of those penguins and the preacher penguin.

This film was...meh. Some parts went beyond cheesy.
Pie_Junkie 11-25-2006 11:49 PM
I wanna see it for my penguin love and Nin said it was a good movie. I trust her taste.