Elite Beat Agents

Patsai 11-21-2006 01:05 AM
Thought I'd just like to throw this out.

I'm currently in Alaska right now at an undisclosed location (not really, but it makes me feel military-ish Big Grin ), but considering the 30 degrees below zero temperature 24/7, I've succumb to the only thing that can ease my mind during these harsh conditions: my DS.

I was sadly unimpressed with the six games I owned, but suddenly came upon an answer: Elite Beat Agents. So I went out and bought this game, and, behold I had the perfect excuse to procrastinate. Considering my career, this could be dangerous for me. Unfortunately, Elite Beat Agents is perhaps the most addictive game I have ever played. Since I bought the game I haven't been able to put it down.

It's a ryhthm (sp?) game that easily categorizes itself on DDR and Guitar Hero, but takes a different approach in terms of presentation. Take three black suit-wearing MIB/Blues Brothers guys on a OSI/FBI sort of mission by helping people through their problems by...well, dancing. The outcomes are hilarious, as your precision in beats directly affect how well your helping people find instant solutions. Check the reviews on IGN for videos.

Anyone here a fan?
Generalissimo D 11-21-2006 10:21 AM
I played about 3 minutes on Saturday and it was pretty great.
The Baker St. Irregular 11-21-2006 11:47 AM
Yeah, I gots it. Everything about it is totally bitchin', except... "Material Girl"? "September"? "Sk8ter Boi"?!? Blargh. Not my cup of tea.

But seriously. The gameplay is addictive, and I love the dancing agents. I'm usually too busy trying to keep my head above water to watch them bust their moves, but they fill me with glee, nonetheless.

They better make a sequel to this game, or else! *shakes fist*
Fujiko 11-21-2006 02:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
"Sk8ter Boi"?!?

Yeah I asked that too. The other songs I don't have a problem with, though. I do love this game, it's so addicting. It keeps me entertained during these hectic days of school. I also like the Japanese version too, it's even funnier than EBA. Some of the situations are so ridiculous that I laugh my ass off (the football player and the babysitter was hilarious!).
Mr. Saturn 12-22-2006 04:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
Yeah, I gots it. Everything about it is totally bitchin', except... "Material Girl"? "September"? "Sk8ter Boi"?!? Blargh. Not my cup of tea.

But seriously. The gameplay is addictive, and I love the dancing agents. I'm usually too busy trying to keep my head above water to watch them bust their moves, but they fill me with glee, nonetheless.

They better make a sequel to this game, or else! *shakes fist*

You complain about a kick ass song like September but don't say a word about the Good Charlotte song on there? Am I gonna have to put my Neutral face on?
Wazpy 01-07-2007 09:49 AM
This game rocks so hard. I just beat Sweatin' mode, having failed the final song something along the lines of 500 times. I just got the Elite Beat Divas but they don't carry the same kind of power as a team of dancing secret agents do.

Also... it must be really hard to be a stealthy ninja theif with blasting disco music and a team of dancing men following you around. Props to that guy for keeping his cool.
Larry99 01-07-2007 10:26 AM
I have about 14 DS games and EBA is in my top 3. There are a lot of good DS games out right now if you can find them. Some others are Metroid Prime: Hunters, Mario Kart, Lost Magic,Animal Crossing, and Castlevania. EBA is one of those Japanise games that you just cannot get enough of. EBA ROCKS!
Wazpy 01-07-2007 01:23 PM
EBA isn't Japanese. It's based off of and an improved version of a Japanese game built just for Americans.
Larry99 01-07-2007 01:25 PM
Yes that is ture but the Japanise started the game. The Final Fantasy games are made in Japan but are in English. I am thinking about getting the origional one. I hear it is better and has better songs.
Wazpy 01-07-2007 01:29 PM
It does, but the gameplay in this one is better. The Japanese one is easier and doesn't have an insane mode like this one does.
Larry99 01-07-2007 01:31 PM
Okay. I didn't know that. I just started sweatin' mode in EBA.
Krang 01-07-2007 11:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
It does, but the gameplay in this one is better. The Japanese one is easier and doesn't have an insane mode like this one does.

Actually, the Japanese version (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan) has the same difficulty levels as EBA. The gameplay is the same other than a few changes to easy mode and multiplayer, and the addition of bonus levels in EBA.
Wazpy 01-08-2007 08:20 AM
No way. It's not nearly as franctic as the high songs on EBA.

I just got to the last level on Hard ROCK... I'm gonna give my hands a long rest for it, given how hard it was on the Sweatin' difficulty.
Patsai 01-08-2007 01:41 PM
I broke my DS playing this game (frantically spinning the wheel), but I'm luckily on my way to buying the new blue DS lite when it comes out. I showed my friend this game 'bout a month ago and snagged himself a copy. Now he's gotten an A-rank on every level on Hard Rock, and since I haven't beaten the game yet (on Hard Rock), he's pretty much talkin' **** like it's a tournament. I told him I'll take him on as soon as I get my DS... Big Grin
The Baker St. Irregular 01-08-2007 02:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
I broke my DS playing this game (frantically spinning the wheel), but I'm luckily on my way to buying the new blue DS lite when it comes out.

That is always my biggest concern whenever I'm playing EBA. There's no other way than for me to mash the stylus against the screen and spin like a blood-thirsty gerbil when they ask me to. I fear for my DS's safety! Frown
Wazpy 01-08-2007 04:18 PM
The DS is really, really sturdy... I don't understand how you can break it without throwing it into a crocodile's jaw...

I play as hard as anyone possibly can, but I have the normal DS. I don't know what it's like with lite.
Krang 01-08-2007 10:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
No way. It's not nearly as franctic as the high songs on EBA.

I just got to the last level on Hard ROCK... I'm gonna give my hands a long rest for it, given how hard it was on the Sweatin' difficulty.

Oh, I was just stating that both OTO and EBA have Easy, Normal, Hard, and Insane modes. I haven't had a chance to buy EBA yet, so I don't have an opinion yet on which has more difficult levels. Ready Steady Go on Insane mode (or even Hard mode) in OTO is pretty tough, so I'd be interested in playing EBA's final level to see how it compares.
The Baker St. Irregular 02-25-2007 02:13 PM
A couple days late, but...

EBA sequel announced!