The Prestige

Fujiko 11-20-2006 12:46 PM
Oh. My. God.

This movie was very freaky, and I loved every moment of it. In case you haven't heard about it, it's about two rival magicians who go a wee bit too far.

Discuss!

P.S. David Bowie adds a nice touch.
Volt 11-20-2006 05:13 PM
I enjoyed it a lot. I was confused as hell for a while but things started to even out in the end. I liked the whole concept of real magic and how the two magicians' prestiges were revealed in the end. The ending was great.
The Baker St. Irregular 11-20-2006 05:27 PM
I really appreciated the directing, although I can't shake the feeling that I wasn't able to pick up on everything that was in the movie. You know what I mean? There was the action happening on the screen, and then there was something else going on underneath that I couldn't quite sort out.

So I would have to see it again, I think. That's not a bad thing, by any means. I would love to see Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman again... Drooling
David Ryder 11-20-2006 07:34 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but it does look pretty entertaining.
Patsai 12-02-2006 10:44 PM
It definitely was a different kind of movie, and those are the type of movies I like. Big Grin
Nine Kuze 03-16-2007 12:38 AM
Just finish watching it, and it was alright.

The two magicians pulling their "prestiges" on each other so to say was a nice touch. The end was interesting and I enjoyed Rebecca Hall's performance as well (she played Sarah). Also, Scarlett Johannson really shouldn't have been in this. That was one of the "flaws" in the film. One more thing, I knew that was Bowie but I didn't really catch on all that much due to his appearence at first. Oh well.

spoiler (highlight to read):
Twin brothers? Interesting twist there and with the machine Tesla made I was thinking cloning or something like that with the hat, cat and the Angier at the very end in the water tank. Maybe...

Peace.