devil may cry anime

Blue Crow 11-19-2006 02:13 PM
anyone heard anything about this? i know it's coming out in 2007. but will it tie into DMC 4 or start at the beginning or what?

i loooove DMC, so i'm pretty pumped about this.

-BC
Scourge 11-19-2006 02:15 PM
I know of a manga but not of an anime.
paul1290 11-19-2006 07:55 PM
A Devil May Cry anime sounds like a good idea.

However, I can't quite picture Dante in anime form.
Ace of Spades 11-19-2006 09:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
A Devil May Cry anime sounds like a good idea.

Unless if its something done along the same lines as the comic series in art style. I won't complain. If it turns out bad... I'll forcefully eject bowel content on it.
Green_Bird 11-19-2006 11:36 PM
quote:
[...]

Dante, In anime form:

Those are from the teaser trailer seen here. I'm only guessing that they're actual sketches from the anime...
Blue Crow 11-20-2006 02:18 PM
so it looks to be a mixture of all the games from what i can tell. which is pretty badass.

and those sketches are pretty sweet too. i hope madhouse really delivers with this one.

- BC
David Ryder 11-20-2006 03:07 PM
I heard about the DMC anime a while ago, but I honestly don't know what to think, Mad House is going to have to pull off the action pretty much flawless to please the fans, so I'm not sure how this will turn out.
Green_Bird 11-20-2006 03:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow
so it looks to be a mixture of all the games from what i can tell. which is pretty badass.

and those sketches are pretty sweet too. i hope madhouse really delivers with this one.

- BC

Well...considering Madhouse did do Gungrave...and people who played the first game said the action was basically the same or lessened to they could fit in the anime, but still equal to the original. So I guess they wouldn't disappoint the DMC fans...
minespatch 11-21-2006 04:28 PM
i dunno, gungrave was pretty boring... the backgrounds on the characters were too long i should say.
David Ryder 11-21-2006 04:38 PM
Gungrave was great. They turned a rather dull game into an awesome anime that was much more interesting and though out. I guess people don't like character development. *shrug*
minespatch 11-21-2006 04:42 PM
i'm sorry, i just didn't like the anime the way that you would like it. perhaps if gungrave were a manga i could get into it.
Paradigm Dog 11-21-2006 05:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
Gungrave was great. They turned a rather dull game into an awesome anime that was much more interesting and though out. I guess people don't like character development. *shrug*

The games aren't so bad...especially the sequel. Regardless, the action of Gungrave's "Revenge" Arc was completely watered down from the video game, and some of the wilder, more impressive enemy forms--I'm looking at you Balladbird Lee--were not even attempted in anime form, Madhouse opting for something different. "Beyond the Grave" is like the premeir gun-wielding characters in all of fiction, but they made him rather average for the anime. Where were spinning coffin attack combos?!

If they couldn't pull off Grave, I doubt Dante can be done properly. Unless they bring their Vampire Hunter D team out, and that's not happening.

That said, for Gungrave, it was good to get the backstory fleshed out in the anime version, including the famous elevator flashback scene from the game. I liked the character development. The anime did have better drama, but that doesn't excuse the fact that the battle against Millenion itself was weak compared to the game's version. A big let down for fans there.

The game's setting was more brooding and mysterious, too. And some of the most dramatic, stylish moments in the game--Grave's motorcycle chase, Grave's first outing to the nightclub bar, and Grave jumping through the glass ceiling of an airship to confront Millenion for the first time, were all but axed. That kind of hurt the anime's class, because the character is a over-the-top action character foremost. The anime built it up better, and it's take on the final scene is better, but all of Grave's deadly battles between were pathetic and uninspired in the anime. A shame, because it could have been 10x better if it had brought the raw essence of the character along for the drama-based ride. Now that character just feels kind of wasted.
David Ryder 11-21-2006 05:56 PM
Overdose was indeed good. Yeah I was also a little dissapointed that they didn't give Brandon/Grave his trademark coffin in the anime. But all in all the action is rather dull in the anime. So, we'll have to see how the DMC one turns out.
paul1290 11-22-2006 07:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
quote:
[...]

Dante, In anime form:

Those are from the teaser trailer seen here. I'm only guessing that they're actual sketches from the anime...

Now that's pretty cool, even if it's only a sketch.

It's nice to see that Dante is still Dante even in anime form. Big Grin