Big Duo/ Big Duo Inferno Question.

Big_Duo 11-19-2006 01:31 AM
From what I gathered from the episodes that we see the Big Duo being rebuilt, it was being rebuilt in its original form, however, the rebuilt Big Duo is different from what we saw in the underground tunnel. What I'm trying to say is, why was Big Duo modified into the Big Duo Inferno when it was already being rebuilt in its original form, and if you think about it, the Inferno is lacking some features of the original, such as the Chest Missile launchers..come to think of it, its overall fighting purpose was changed....from being a (possibly) long-range support unit, it seems to now be a close combat unit...any thoughts?....

oh and its like 3 AM here, I can't think right, so don't blame me if what I said didn't make sense.....^_^
Hobodoken 11-19-2006 01:50 AM
I believe this has been asked before...

The idea someone had proposed was that Big Duo was not, in fact, being rebuilt at that time, however, he/it had already been rebuilt to near-specification, but was then being customized. Alex probably had Alan in mind for Duo for a while, so... yeah.
Nazrael 11-19-2006 12:40 PM
You have to remember that Big Duo had already used up all of its ammo in its first fight with Big O. I doubt Paradigm's Science unit could recreate missiles of that caliber. So they probably removed the missile batteries since there was no point in having them.

They did install machine gun batteries into the arms though. Duo Inferno fires it at O briefly in Act 24.
Hobodoken 11-19-2006 07:05 PM
The machine guns are visible in Episode 12 as well... so it's unlikely Paradigm installed them.
paul1290 11-19-2006 07:54 PM
They probably tried to rebuild it in its original form until they got Big Fau. Examining Big Fau might have given them a better idea of how megadeuses are constructed, so they might have decided to use that knowledge to modify Big Duo.
Nazrael 11-19-2006 08:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
The machine guns are visible in Episode 12 as well... so it's unlikely Paradigm installed them.

Really? I'd never noticed. Hmm.

More likely, they were using Duo as a guinea pig. Testing it and finding everything out about its design to become familiar with a Big, since they'd be working with Fau's structure/wiring/etc.
Big_Duo 11-19-2006 11:27 PM
Personally, I found the changes quite too drastic (even its "transformation" was altered. Big Duo only tilts it's head up at a 90 degree angle, the Inferno takes this a step further by making its entire Torso bend upwards at a 90 degree angle.....)...OH and another question regarding Inferno, after the whole slow motion dive scene of the Inferno, its standing on top of O, about to drill it, however, is it me, or did it change it's right hand from a red one, to a silver one?
Hobodoken 11-19-2006 11:41 PM
It jettisons its hand, and a secondary one with longer, pointier fingers emerges.

The first one is silver, and then red.
Nazrael 11-20-2006 09:12 AM
Actually, the first one is red. The second one is silver since it's basically 4 long blades. The first one seemed like it was designed just for flying/grabbing. The second hand is custom made for Alan, since it's similar to his drill hand.
Valdoom 11-20-2006 03:10 PM
I think the reason is that the Paradigm science group tried there best to rebuilt Big Duo, but with the head and sholders gone serious damage to the torso, one arm gone and the works. They couldn't fix Big Duo up perfectally. So what they couldn't fix they replaced for better or worse.
Zopwx2 11-22-2006 12:20 AM
I'd like to think that they could never rebuild duo in its original form since roger f***ed it up so hard the first time and they just modded what was left for alan into a pseduobig.

I think its just the writers or design folk just dropping the ball there and not paying too much attention and showing it almost rebuilt in its original status underground just to get accross the idea that it was duo they were rebuilding.

although if you said they had it mostly rebuilt and alan had it customized that way I couldnt really argue you with you since the pics are there.