idea for bones

minespatch 11-14-2006 06:43 PM
if bones could waste some time, i would like to see a oav of fullmetal alchemist based on the manga(just like the new hellsing oav).
Green_Bird 11-14-2006 08:07 PM
I don't see that happening any time soon. Probably due to the fact that they pretty much ended it. Starting it over like Hellsing was will be reduntent. Since the Hellsing TV series ended somewhere in volume 3 of the manga before it went of on it's own. For FMA, they followed the manga up to 6 or 7 before going off on it's own and borrowing from the other volumes but not following them as a whole.

So the whole idea with creating a Hellsing-like OVA out of FMA is near impossible and I really can't see it happening...
The Baker St. Irregular 11-15-2006 06:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
So the whole idea with creating a Hellsing-like OVA out of FMA is near impossible and I really can't see it happening...

That is, unless they realize they could probably still squeeze more money out of FMA that way.

Not unlike what's been done to a certain, special anime by Gainax...
David Ryder 11-15-2006 09:42 AM
The FMA anime ened. No need to make a pointless OVA, unless they wanted to milk it some more.
Nine Kuze 11-16-2006 12:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
if bones could waste some time, i would like to see a oav of fullmetal alchemist based on the manga(just like the new hellsing oav).

Actually, if you think about it, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

They could do an OVA on the characters that were't displayed at all during the anime such as the characters from the country of Xing that come over to Amestris and follow Edward and Alphonse around looking for the Philosopher's Stone as well.

I forget there names at the moment, but that wouldn't be a bad idea at all actually if they went in that direction.
Peace.