Who thought it was Dorothy?

Nazrael 11-11-2006 03:36 PM
Did anyone else have that moment of terror when RD was revealed?
Nine Kuze 11-11-2006 05:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael

Um, actually, I never thought it was Dorothy in the first place.

I kind of banked on the notion that Wayneright may have possibly created numerous androids based off of his daughter, so RD was just one of them malfunctioning.

In a damn good way mind you, but malfunctioning nonetheless.
Peace.
David Ryder 11-11-2006 05:26 PM
Not really, but I'm pretty sure that's what they wanted the viewers to think.
R. Daniel Olk 01 11-11-2006 06:39 PM
Definitely! Definitely-definitely I was scared. At the time when I saw it I thought there were only thirteen episodes. So with Dorothy turning into a villain at the last minutes of the last episode, I didn't know what to think! I was despairing I tell you.

And then, ha! No it was just an oversight on Roger's part.

One thing that really bothers me as a flub, though, is that Roger only mentions it once ever again, and only briefly. Didn't it kinda bother him, too, that there could be any number of Dorothy look-alikes lurking around, serving shadowy masters?
Revan 11-12-2006 04:53 AM
Back when Big O was first shown I only ever caught the first half of many episodes, act 13 being one. I had no idea who hooded assasin was...
A year or so later I found this site and in an effort to scavenge as much information as possible I looked at the episode images and kinda spoiled that episode Frown

Though I was really curious to why R.D looked like Dorothy but never quite thought it would be true. When I finally saw the episode, I knew was was coming so no shock moments for me. Only an uneasy feeling especially when she shouted: "Goodbye negotiator!". Moving to a sigh of relief when the real Dorothy was seen...
Big Big Moon 11-12-2006 10:21 AM
Seeing RD was an eye-opener the first time, but unfortunately I had seen clips of Final Stage beforehand, so I knew Dorothy would end up fine. That is, even if she was the assassin, it was probably a glitch that was fixed later on, or something. No worries on my part.

Though, one has to wonder how Roger felt confronting R.D. the first time, and smashing her through several feet of concrete without knowing it wasn't Dorothy.
Capt. Quekolis 12-18-2006 08:12 PM
I thought it was. When I saw what she looked like I was like. You cant kill him you love him. Lol.
Chitter-Box-Kat 12-18-2006 08:43 PM
I was honestly freaked out a little. I saw it back when I only saw the first season, and I was like "Oh sh*t, Dorothy's gone homicidal." O.o Then I saw her in Big O and I was confuzzled for a bit. And I quickly figured it couldn't have been Dorothy that tried to kill Roger.

But yeah. I freaked at first.
Patsai 12-25-2006 08:46 PM
I always thought the first season of Big O was always on the creepy, shiver-up-your-spine side, that's why I fell in love with it. Big Grin
Sharpshooter005 12-25-2006 09:27 PM
quote:

Terror? RD was awesome
Nine Kuze 12-26-2006 12:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

Terror? RD was awesome

Yes, she damn was. Wish she lasted a little longer though and met Dorothy face to face.

Actually now thinking about it, I would have liked it more if Alex Rosewater had RD at his side, instead of Alan Gabriel. Alex one-ups Roger and to have a complete Dorothy look alike threatening to kill Roger Smith would have been sublime.
Peace.
evanASF27 12-26-2006 01:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
I always thought the first season of Big O was always on the creepy, shiver-up-your-spine side, that's why I fell in love with it. Big Grin

Agreed! Pleased

And RD is very awesome... maybe not as awesome as ol' Crispy... but still awesome. I did jump a little when I first saw RD (this was years ago when they were first running Big O on Toonami) and had that feeling that maybe R. Dorothy had a split personality... but I think that's as far as that went.
Seihou 12-26-2006 03:51 PM
Yeah, I found it surprising when I first saw RD. But it was still pretty sweet when I first saw her.
Pygmalion 12-26-2006 09:39 PM
Not only did I find RD as Dorothy scarily plausible, I was quite nervous that Dorothy's use of the segment of RD's disc (in Act 15, "Negotiation with the Dead") would cause her to go psycho.

Pygmalion
paul1290 12-27-2006 08:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
Not only did I find RD as Dorothy scarily plausible, I was quite nervous that Dorothy's use of the segment of RD's disc (in Act 15, "Negotiation with the Dead") would cause her to go psycho.

Pygmalion

Now that would be scary. Shocked

Roger: "Is that safe Dorothy?"

Dorothy: "Perhaps..."

Roger: "Dorothy?"

Dorothy: "GOOD BYE NEGOTIATOR!!!"

Roger: "OH sh**!"
Chitter-Box-Kat 12-27-2006 09:41 AM
That would have been some good drama. A plot twist many could enjoy.
I think I saw a fan fiction where that happened. . .
SEELE 08 01-02-2007 09:44 PM
I figured she had been programmed fourty years ago to kill Roger or whatever incarnation of Roger existed and her programming finally kicked in....so yeah I thought it was Dorothy.
Larry99 01-06-2007 08:50 PM
I thought it was Dorothy until I heard it talk and saw the hair. I just wonder if there are any more of R.D.'s. How was R.D. able to kill people if androids are not able to hurt people. I think professor Wayneright had something to do with R.D.
Capt. Quekolis 01-07-2007 08:24 PM
Yeah I thought it was cool how it talked it made it even more mysterious.