Why does Adult Swim make fun of Big O fans?

DorothyFan1 11-04-2006 09:35 PM
It's been commented before and I just wanted to put this thread in here to find out the real reason why AS continues to disparage Big O fans. What is up with their constant tormenting Big O fans with "hints" with black watches, weird promos that look like it's promising Big O Season 3...etc.
Scourge 11-05-2006 12:05 AM
They do it to mock the audience, on reflection CN may think that season 2 was not the best idea they ever had.
Nine Kuze 11-05-2006 12:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
It's been commented before and I just wanted to put this thread in here to find out the real reason why AS continues to disparage Big O fans. What is up with their constant tormenting Big O fans with "hints" with black watches, weird promos that look like it's promising Big O Season 3...etc.

I guess because there are a large majority of fans who are fixated on having CN pay for a Season 3 after the way Season 2 ended. Or at least, something around that nature.
Peace.
David Ryder 11-05-2006 07:31 AM
Because most of the hardcore Big O fanbase is pretty Hell-bent on pestering AS about getting a new season, thus they are a very easy target. For all I know they could very well be planning a third season as we speak.
Big Big Moon 11-05-2006 03:20 PM
It's most comparable to those bullies who used to steal hats from short kids and then dangle them right beyond grabbing reach, really.
Valdoom 11-05-2006 03:35 PM
You do relise they only go to work in order to annoy the masses. That includes us. Also you do know that Big O was partially made by AS, right?
Nine Kuze 11-06-2006 02:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Big Moon
It's most comparable to those bullies who used to steal hats from short kids and then dangle them right beyond grabbing reach, really.

Despite being a short post, that was rather detailed.

...Has this happened to you before?

quote:
For all I know they could very well be planning a third season as we speak.

That would be quite shocking, although I wouldn't count on it.
Peace.
David Ryder 11-06-2006 02:58 AM
quote:
That would be quite shocking, although I wouldn't count on it.

Yeah. Although I was just saying it could be what they are doing but if they aren't, it's no skin off my Back. I can live without season 3.
Hollow XXVI 11-15-2006 07:00 PM
...doesn't AS make fun of everyone that watches?

It always seems so. Well, except for anyone watching Family Guy it seems.
David Ryder 11-15-2006 07:15 PM
quote:
Well, except for anyone watching Family Guy it seems.

More or less. AS has this mind set, that anyone watches Family is pretty much a cut above the rest.
Mr. Fortnight 11-15-2006 09:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1

As Eric Bichoff says; "Contraversy Creates Cash". They just troll along the Big O fans, just to keep it in the memory of the fans. A network that has completely forsaken the fanbase for a cancelled series wouldn't even give the fanbase lip-service.

[AS] Hasn't forgot, they just don't have plans either. They're keeping their options open.
Shady Dark Lady 11-20-2006 08:13 PM
Yeah, the whole "Lets tease the Big O fans" gets really old, really fast. We were the ones that helped them get ratings, and that's how they thank us..I don't recall them making fun of Inuyasha fans..maybe they fear them!
David Ryder 11-20-2006 08:27 PM
quote:
We were the ones that helped them get ratings, and that's how they thank us

Wasn't the second season of Big O like number one in the rating every night when they first showed it on AS? I've never bought into their "didn't get good ratings" crap.
Big Big Moon 11-20-2006 09:20 PM
Regardless, as has been stated many times before, Big O costs a lot of money to produce. 12 oz. Mouse does not (understatements ahoy!). [as]'s business strategy hasn't changed in years, I doubt it will be changing any time soon.
Blue Crow 11-25-2006 06:25 PM
because they're fanatics.

i mean, i'm getting tired of reading things like: "come on season 3, why not i don't want it to end this wayyyyyyyyy!!!!!11"

yeah.

- BC
paul1290 11-25-2006 06:47 PM
Maybe they make fun of Big-O fans to get ratings.

Think about it. They get Big-O fans angry, Big-O fans go to their message boards to complain, other viewers get curious about what all the complaining is about and end up watching Big-O.

Adult Swim put a lot of money into Big-O so it's only natural that they would want to get as much out of it as they can.
David Ryder 11-25-2006 08:33 PM
quote:
Big-O fans go to their message boards to complain

It's when things like that happen, I'm proud to be a level headed Big O fan, that knows when to quite, but you do have a point, it does get get a few more people to check it out.
Capt. Quekolis 12-16-2006 09:07 PM
They make fun of us because they're going to give as much hell as they can before they give us a third season. I agree with what that guy said earlier about them making one right now. I think they are but they're only doing this to see how bad we want it.
Mr. Saturn 12-22-2006 04:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
quote:
Well, except for anyone watching Family Guy it seems.

More or less. AS has this mind set, that anyone watches Family is pretty much a cut above the rest.

They only make fun of the anime fans, really and I mean, come on. A Lot of anime fans BEG for it. you know how many letters they probably get begging for [AS] to put on their favorite episode of InuYasha with their beloved "fluffy" because he's so "KAWAII DESU NE =^_________^="

God, I just want to punch something after reading what I just typed ¬¬ Imagine how they feel...
dominusofdeath 12-22-2006 11:35 AM
Because it's easy. Be grateful you don't watch Inuyasha.