Can Dorothy get pregnant?

DorothyFan1 11-03-2006 10:00 PM
Has this one been addressed yet? Can Dorothy get pregnant? She keeps talking about falling in love and we all know she's in love with Roger Smith. But if Roger Smith were ever to be with Dorothy...could they ever have children?
Zopwx2 11-03-2006 10:12 PM
no
Nine Kuze 11-04-2006 12:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
no

This is the correct answer.

Dorothy's an android and androids can't get pregnant.

You're fast though, going from star-crossed lovers to get them knocked up.
Peace.
Shadow dorothy 11-04-2006 09:41 AM
There is a possilbity. But Wanyeright would have to have done some pretty sick things to make sure she could have kids. Sweatdrop Don't qoute me on that yet though.
dominusofdeath 11-04-2006 10:09 AM
Ask Tony or AClockworkTomato
Generalissimo D 11-04-2006 10:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
no

This is the correct answer.

Dorothy's an android and androids can't get pregnant.

You're fast though, going from star-crossed lovers to get them knocked up.
Peace.

Pretty much.
R. Daniel Olk 01 11-04-2006 10:29 AM
Nah. I think it's possible to make an artificial womb small enough to fit inside Dorothy. You can build anything, dontcha know?

I don't like mentioning though 'cuz it's such a gross idea. Fanfics about Dorothy getting pregnant give me the creeps. And I pity those who write them.
Mr. Peabody 11-04-2006 11:10 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Roger Smith Jr.

His parents are so very proud. Crying

Jonny Axehandle 11-04-2006 12:32 PM
Um, hasn't this been asked before?
Gummibear 11-04-2006 03:33 PM
I'd have to agree. Nothing is *impossible* but Wayneright would have had to have been pretty insane to construct a womb (and sexual organs) for an android. If he did: He'd be a pretty sick old man. Dorothy is capable of loving so I don't see any reason why her and Roger couldn't adopt a child. That would really fit much better with the story.
Nine Kuze 11-04-2006 04:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
Um, hasn't this been asked before?

Yes it has.

quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Nah. I think it's possible to make an artificial womb small enough to fit inside Dorothy. You can build anything, dontcha know?

WHY?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody

I wonder where the blonde hair comes from. Maybe from Roger's mama, that is if what he saw in that vision truly was his mother.

Also, why the tears?

quote:
Originally posted by Gummibear
Dorothy is capable of loving so I don't see any reason why her and Roger couldn't adopt a child. That would really fit much better with the story.

I agree with what Gummi is saying here. If we were to run with this, a good candidate would be that one girl who couldn't go outside from Day of the Advent (or at least, I think that was the episode). Her and Dorothy seemed to have a great connection.

But, and I'm kind of just ranting here but does anybody remember The Mummy with Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz's characters meeting, hating each other, falling in love, and their chemistry and relationship was interesting? Then, in the sequel they have a kid and everything went straight to hell as far as the relationship and chemisty goes.

Yeah, I'm afraid of the same thing with Roger and Dorothy as far as that goes.
R. Daniel Olk 01 11-04-2006 05:38 PM
quote:

quote:

WHY?

Don't ask me why he'd do it. It just seems ignorant to flatly say "no," he can't.

I agree with the adoption thing. And Tammy would be a good candidate! That is, if her grandfather would be willing to let her go...

... and if Roger were willing to give up his bachelor's lifestyle.
Nine Kuze 11-04-2006 05:44 PM
quote:
quote:

quote:

WHY?

Don't ask me why he'd do it. It just seems ignorant to flatly say "no," he can't.

I agree with the adoption thing. And Tammy would be a good candidate! That is, if her grandfather would be willing to let her go...

... and if Roger were willing to give up his bachelor's lifestyle.

I asked why in the notion of why that would even being thought of in the first place, let alone even acted upon by Dr. Wayneright.

Knowing how slick Roger is (or more precisely, how slick he thinks he is), I think he could make it work.

Also, that second to last part reminded me of the Madonna adaption thing going on right now.
Peace.
Shadow dorothy 11-04-2006 07:24 PM
Ok, I think were all in agreement on Dorothy have kids. But the real question is does Roger want them or not? I mean he seemed kinda oblivious to Dorothy's affection so if she came out with it would he say yes or no to dating or marrying her?
minespatch 11-04-2006 07:34 PM
holy crap! she's a android, not a lady who has human orgasims! if they were to have a baby, it would look like a retarded hippo-baby!
paul1290 11-04-2006 07:55 PM
Not sure if Timothy gave her the ability to have children, but it's possible. Very unlikely mind you, but it could happen.

As far as I know, the idea of androids getting pregnant has been used in an anime at least once before. (Armitage III)
Nazrael 11-04-2006 07:56 PM
The whole beauty to Roger and Dorothy's relationship is that there is no sex! Their bond goes much more deep than that.
Valdoom 11-04-2006 09:10 PM
and this is why we need a season 3...to prevent...odd questions like this. In all seriousness, think back to Ghost in the Shell. Could they reproduce in cybernetic form? (I seriously don't know if they showed if they could or couldn't.) My only question is why? Why would waynewright do that? If he wanted Dorothy to live a normal life in the place of his daughter, then sure why not? If he was mentally distrubed, why not? You know on second thought It would not be in any way possible. Dorothy doesn't have an anatomy. No blood, no nutriants, she doesn't eat. It would not be possible.
R. Daniel Olk 01 11-04-2006 09:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Valdoom
and this is why we need a season 3...to prevent...odd questions like this. In all seriousness, think back to Ghost in the Shell. Could they reproduce in cybernetic form? (I seriously don't know if they showed if they could or couldn't.) My only question is why? Why would waynewright do that? If he wanted Dorothy to live a normal life in the place of his daughter, then sure why not? If he was mentally distrubed, why not? You know on second thought It would not be in any way possible. Dorothy doesn't have an anatomy. No blood, no nutriants, she doesn't eat. It would not be possible.

Don't need a circulatory system running throughout the entire body. All you need is a port for food, a compact way to digest, and a small circuit of blood with the womb! The womb would have to be some porous, elastic substance--porous so you could build up a uteral lining and elastic to stretch, dur.

Depending on just how advanced you want to get, one could build a pair of chromosomes and an egg from scratch!

Only thing I can't explain right now is the production and circulation of a small amount of blood. Perhaps Roger would donate a small portion of his blood for circulation through the womb and the child. Creepy idea, is that not?

Of course it's all completely insanely complicated, but it's also logical and possible. Ignoring everything but logic and basic possibility helps make science fiction fun!
Mr. Peabody 11-04-2006 09:34 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody

I wonder where the blonde hair comes from. Maybe from Roger's mama, that is if what he saw in that vision truly was his mother.

Also, why the tears?

That's a picture of Haley Joel Osment, who played an android boy in Steven Spielberg's "A.I."

Osment's hair looks auburn to me, just like Dorothy's.

Roger and Dorothy are parents, so the tears are meant to be tears of joy.