Can Dorothy get pregnant?

Generalissimo D 11-21-2006 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
quote:
Okay. I think we have finally gone way, way too much into this topic.

Agreed.

It started of as harmless fun but yeah this has in to the level of just plain creepy.

This sentiment is furthered by the above post.
X Prime 11-21-2006 08:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy
U did hear that Japan has produced child care and teaching robots right? Cause if u didn't they have. And whos to say that in 2099 robots won't have kids? And besides whos to say that she cant, we just have to wait and find out.(as for the date look in the enyclopdiea of anime and manga.)

Yes, AND? This does not equate AT ALL to the topic at hand. It is total and complete speculation that doesn't serve to prove anything.

Meanwhile the notion can be readily beaten into the ground.
David Ryder 11-21-2006 11:42 PM
quote:
U did hear that Japan has produced child care and teaching robots right? Cause if u didn't they have. And whos to say that in 2099 robots won't have kids? And besides whos to say that she cant, we just have to wait and find out.(as for the date look in the enyclopdiea of anime and manga.)

Ummm, yay? This thread is justing getting way to weird. Any other chestnuts of wisdom?
Green_Bird 11-22-2006 04:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
That and who's to say the real Dorothy could or couldn't have kids herself? No one knows what heath problems the real Dorothy had....

I would just like to point out that comment was meant as sarcasm and nothing more...It was basically in regards to Shadow dorothy's "Well if she was built to be Dorothy, then it is assumed that she can have kids." comment. Sorry if it didn't sound like it, but it was sarcastic and I don't know why people take things to literal...Yes...I know she's an android, Yes...I know she can't have kids because of it. Did anyone even read my other post in the thread?
Nine Kuze 11-22-2006 04:59 PM
quote:
quote:
That and who's to say the real Dorothy could or couldn't have kids herself? No one knows what heath problems the real Dorothy had....

I would just like to point out that comment was meant as sarcasm and nothing more...It was basically in regards to Shadow dorothy's "Well if she was built to be Dorothy, then it is assumed that she can have kids." comment. Sorry if it didn't sound like it, but it was sarcastic and I don't know why people take things to literal...Yes...I know she's an android, Yes...I know she can't have kids because of it. Did anyone even read my other post in the thread?

I... don't think anyone did read that, G_B.

I was just saying that the way the thread's direction was going in an even more unneeded path then it had when it started out. That's all.
Peace.
Shadow dorothy 11-22-2006 07:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:

Yes, AND? This does not equate AT ALL to the topic at hand. It is total and complete speculation that doesn't serve to prove anything.

UUMMM Sweatdrop sorry to break it to the men here, but child care is part of having kids. So if Dorothy can take care of a child, like when she played with Tammy, then she might be able to have kids. And even if she can't we see from small examples that she could at least adopt or babysit.
Generalissimo D 11-22-2006 07:35 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

UUMMM Sweatdrop sorry to break it to the men here, but child care is part of having kids. So if Dorothy can take care of a child, like when she played with Tammy, then she might be able to have kids. And even if she can't we see from small examples that she could at least adopt or babysit.

So? I can take care of a kid.

Does that mean I can get pregnant? No.
DorothyFan1 11-22-2006 10:29 PM
I don't think Big O has ever had an episode where any of the characters have stated with definitiveness that androids can't sire children. Remember, this is Paradigm City...where the technological advances are so great...that people can't remember what happened during The Event. Since they can't remember what happened...there's no way we can know whether or not the assumption that androids are not human necessarily means they can't have children. For all we know...Roger Smith is most likely an android..but is programmed to "believe" he's human. Does this make him a human being? No...but it doesn't deny him the opportunity to be "human" regardless of his origin. The implication is Roger Smith could sire children. The same goes for R.Dorothy.

I don't think the discussion has ever raised the possibility that since we're talking about a realm of fiction that androids could have children. Nothing I've seen nor heard from Big O can discount this possibility. So I believe any hesitations on Roger Smith's part toward R.Dorothy is probably due to his fear that if he fell in love with Dorothy...Roger Smith might lose the chance to reproduce himself via progeny because R.Dorothy is "only" an android. I believe once R.Dorothy realizes this...she can tell him the truth...that she CAN have children. R.Dorothy's android nature is probably so well fused with her biological components that it might be impossible to know where the machine ends and the human begins. In this sense...R.Dorothy might already be "human" enough to allow people to believe the possibility that R.Dorothy can have children.

Now here's the real mystery...Tammy appears to be the only child in all of Paradigm City. Why is that? Does this mean Tammy is the only human child in all of Paradigm and everybody in Paradigm is only a hologram/android that can't reproduce?
Generalissimo D 11-22-2006 10:33 PM
Pero was once a child.

And there are misc. children in the background.
Shadow dorothy 11-23-2006 04:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:
quote:
quote:

Neutral One of my really weird guy friends watched the health channel and he said that it was about guys havin kids. Like only 1/1000000000 can have a kid or something like that. It creeps me out to think about that. Neutral Neutral Sweatdrop
Nine Kuze 11-23-2006 05:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
I don't think Big O has ever had an episode where any of the characters have stated with definitiveness that androids can't sire children. Remember, this is Paradigm City...where the technological advances are so great...that people can't remember what happened during The Event. Since they can't remember what happened...there's no way we can know whether or not the assumption that androids are not human necessarily means they can't have children. For all we know...Roger Smith is most likely an android..but is programmed to "believe" he's human. Does this make him a human being? No...but it doesn't deny him the opportunity to be "human" regardless of his origin. The implication is Roger Smith could sire children. The same goes for R.Dorothy.

I don't think the discussion has ever raised the possibility that since we're talking about a realm of fiction that androids could have children. Nothing I've seen nor heard from Big O can discount this possibility. So I believe any hesitations on Roger Smith's part toward R.Dorothy is probably due to his fear that if he fell in love with Dorothy...Roger Smith might lose the chance to reproduce himself via progeny because R.Dorothy is "only" an android. I believe once R.Dorothy realizes this...she can tell him the truth...that she CAN have children. R.Dorothy's android nature is probably so well fused with her biological components that it might be impossible to know where the machine ends and the human begins. In this sense...R.Dorothy might already be "human" enough to allow people to believe the possibility that R.Dorothy can have children.

Now here's the real mystery...Tammy appears to be the only child in all of Paradigm City. Why is that? Does this mean Tammy is the only human child in all of Paradigm and everybody in Paradigm is only a hologram/android that can't reproduce?

*stretches head* I really don't like how people automatically assume Roger Smith is an android just from that one scene in that dream sequence in Act 26. It wasn't supposed to be taken literally and probably on the lines of Roger's identity being fixed to a certain role unlike the other "actors" of Paradigm to fulfil his function to save Paradigm in agreement with the Director. Most of that post is speculation.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:
quote:
quote:

Neutral One of my really weird guy friends watched the health channel and he said that it was about guys havin kids. Like only 1/1000000000 can have a kid or something like that. It creeps me out to think about that. Neutral Neutral Sweatdrop

Oh boy.
Peace.