Cast in the Name of God... Emphasis on "Cast"

Nine Kuze 11-02-2006 10:21 AM
I know the whole "Your take on the Big O live film adaption" bit has been played around a lot for a while now, but I couldn't help but think about this again. Also, Sky Captain...

So here's how it goes; you get a call from a producer to make an adaption of The Big O anime. You got the script down and you and your casting director go out to fill in the roles. Who do you hire to fill in the roles of Roger Smith, Angel, Alex Rosewater, Schwartzwald, and the rest of the Big O cast?

Also a note, you can use whoever you want. Any actor is up for grabs, doesn't matter if they are dead or alive, I just want to see who you pick for what and why you think they would be good for the part.

So, have fun picking your cast.
Peace.
Nazrael 11-02-2006 03:18 PM
Roger - Johnny Depp

I try not to think of Depp for roles much, but I really think he looks like him.

Dorothy - Selma Blair (red hair)

More when I think of em...
Generalissimo D 11-02-2006 05:37 PM
Christian Bale and Keanu Reeves are my first choices for Roger. Keanu I think could pull off a good Roger considering how he played Constantine (it was bad, but with a bit of suaveness it could work). I shouldn't have to explain Bale.

Michael McConnohie could feasibly play Schwarzwald (LETS SEE HOW MANY OF YOU UNDERSTAND THIS ONE), but I think Hugo Weaving or Ron Perlman could do him some real justice onscreen.

Hank Azaria could be Alex, and Ben Whishaw could portray Alan (he's going to be the main character in that Perfume movie). I'm really copying Dark-O's pick, but Christina Ricci would be a pleasent Dorothy.

Norman I have no pick for.

Maybe Charlize Theron for Angel?
Ionexchange 11-02-2006 07:40 PM
Jerry Ryan as Angel
Laurence Fishburn as Col. Datsun
Shawn Penn as Beck
Tom Hanks as Roger Smith
Andie MacDowell as Dorothy
Big Money 11-02-2006 09:11 PM
Sean Connery is the only choice for Norman.
DorothyFan1 11-02-2006 09:29 PM
Director...James Cameron (ahem) - he IS doing Battle Angel Alita (Japanese anima)

Pierce Brosnan as Roger Smith
Rose Byrne as Dorothy
Naomi Watts as Angel
Samual Jackson as Datsun
Ashley Judd as Agent Twelve
Tommy Lee Jones as Schwarzwald
Cillian Murphy as Alex Rosewater
Hayden Christiansen as Gabriel
Matt Dameon as Beck

I'm telling you...Big O would make a terrific movie. Somebody has to get a move on this one. The CGI technology is there. They can do this.
Generalissimo D 11-02-2006 10:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money

Well theres my pick.

Allen Coulter for director. Hollywoodland has the right feel that a live Big-O movie should have.
minespatch 11-03-2006 12:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
Hayden Christiansen as Gabriel

um, sorry to burst your bubble, but he left his acting career. maybe orlando bloom might be a good choice, or maybe his voice actor crispin freeman can as well.
R. Leslie Fedeau 12-02-2006 01:25 AM
I agree that Pierce Brosnan would make a top-dollar Roger. It's been proven that he can do a competent American accent.

As for Norman, Sean. Connery. Plz. Hands down.

[I promise I'm not going to cast Timothy Dalton as Schwartzwald, or something.. poor creatures, I'm sure that was unintentional.]

Let's try to stay away from the vaguely-androgynous prettyboys to play the eponymous Negotiator, eh? For some reason I can't envision him flipping his hair around and worrying about the house mumbling about the window treatments.
Generalissimo D 12-02-2006 01:11 PM
John Hurt for Norman.
Nazrael 12-02-2006 04:35 PM
Wow, just thought of this one.

Anthony Hopkins for Gordon Rosewater

Hugo Weaving for Shwarzwald (probably the only actor I an think of that an pull off Mike's theatrical exuberance)
Jonny Axehandle 12-03-2006 11:00 PM
Roger: Hard to say. Someone like John Travolta who's got the look, but also someone who has a voice that can say "My name is Roger Smith" 50 times without it getting annoying.

Norman: Sean Connery's (his head is too fat to be Norman, but you're not going to find anyone else better who's old enough)

Beck: Jack Black

Dorothy: Build an actual android and use her

Angel: Cameron Diaz

Shwarzwald: Me

Alex Rosewater: Tom Cruise, Peter Greene also comes to mind

Alan: Michael Jackson

For a director I'd go with either Quentin Tarantino or Robert Robert Rodriguez. (It's not like this is a run-of-the-mill action flick, this is Big O)
evanASF27 12-04-2006 12:44 AM
I support all that was said by Big Money and Johnny Pleased (particularlly the Sean Connery part)
minespatch 12-05-2006 12:04 AM
for shwartzwald, i would have someone like patrick stewert or kelsy grammer...
Ollen70 12-07-2006 03:48 AM
If he hadn't been Alfred in Batman Begins, I'd say absolutely Michael Cane for Norman, nobody could do it better.

Also, I think Jennifer Garner'd make a pretty interesting Dorothy, probably Julia Stiles or Poppy Montgomery as Angel. And yeah, Anthony Hopkins would make a good Gordon.
Nine Kuze 12-07-2006 04:00 AM
Um... you going for a trilogy here or something man?
Peace.
Capt. Quekolis 12-18-2006 07:47 PM
I think Big O would make an awesome movie. Wouldnt that be a kick in [as] face. Somebody made a trailer for Evangelion, Someone needs to make one for Big O
Megadeus 01-03-2007 09:36 PM
I still really believe this guy would be great for Alex:

As for Shwars...I totally agree with Hugo Weaving. Seeing him in The Matrix is all it took.

Keanu is a good idea for Roger.

P.S. The guy above is Rip Torn from Men In Black.
seraphjei 01-04-2007 12:30 AM
Keanu Reeves as Roger? Blasphemy! Although I see the angle you are comming from, it would be a bad call. Plus it would be hard to adapt to his voice after hearing good ol Mr Blum for so long. Big O is a show i doubt can ever be translated onto the silverscreen, although the idea is intriguing.
SEELE 08 01-04-2007 11:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money

Well theres my pick.

Allen Coulter for director. Hollywoodland has the right feel that a live Big-O movie should have.

When I first read that I thought it said Ann Coulter. Ann Coulter could be cast quite effectively as Schwartzvald.