Cast in the Name of God... Emphasis on "Cast"

Nine Kuze 01-09-2007 10:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
Christian Bale and Keanu Reeves are my first choices for Roger. Keanu I think could pull off a good Roger considering how he played Constantine (it was bad, but with a bit of suaveness it could work). I shouldn't have to explain Bale.

No D, you shouldn't really have to explain Bale and this was going to be my pick but the whole Batman comparisons would really bother me. Hell no to Reeves though. He has the look... but really nothing else.

quote:
Michael McConnohie could feasibly play Schwarzwald (LETS SEE HOW MANY OF YOU UNDERSTAND THIS ONE), but I think Hugo Weaving or Ron Perlman could do him some real justice onscreen.

I see what you did there. But McConnohie would actually be a good choice. But Weaving (despite screwing over the V character in V for Vendetta) would possibly make a great Schwartzwald. I don't see your obsession with Perlman but I think he'd be able to pass for Dan Dustan if anything else.

quote:
John Hurt for Norman.

D knows what up here. This is a passible choice for Norman.

quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
Anthony Hopkins for Gordon Rosewater

This is another excellent choice and I can see him capturing that competely. D, he's showing you up bruh.

In his triple post there, Ollen70 said Poppy Montgomery could play Angel. She has the look surely but I don't if she could capture the same attitude and provoactivity as Angel showed. Since watching Without a Trace, I always joke that she would make a damn good Black Cat.

Um, I know his not to well known in the United States but I really think that Gael García Bernal would make a great and incredible performance as Roger Smith. He was in The Motorcycle Diaries and The King and he could possibly get made up to look like Roger as well. Also, I had a passing notion of Emma Rossum as Dorothy. But like I said, "passing".

If he was still alive, I'd get David Lean (Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago - in that order) as director. I'd like the Big O adaption to be epic and Lean certaintly has legendary experience in that field. And Robert Towne (Chinatown) would be the screenwriter as well, seeing what Big O could offer him he could probably pen another classic script like he did in Chinatown again.
Peace.
Spoderman 01-24-2007 02:46 PM
quote:
When I first read that I thought it said Ann Coulter. Ann Coulter could be cast quite effectively as Schwartzvald.

lol.
Malkhos 01-29-2007 10:43 AM
The original post said we weren't restricted to living actors:

Roger Smith: Robert Donat

R. Dorothy: Glynnis Johns

Norman: Peter O'Toole

Rosewater fils and pere: Conrad Veidt (since this is fantasy, we can cast him at two differnt ages, refelcting the cloning involved).

Angel: Catherine Deneuve

Datsun: Eli Wallach

Director: Stanely Kubrick
Nine Kuze 01-30-2007 11:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Malkhos
The original post said we weren't restricted to living actors

It's true, I did say that.

And I'm feeling the casting for Conrad Veidt and having Stanley Kubrick as the director. The visual effects he would come up with would be incredible.

Also as far as old school actors go, Barbara Stanwyck as Angel. This is a pretty obvious choice, yeah.

EDIT: Also with Children of Men out now, I'd feel pretty good about having Alfonso Cuaron as the director as well. CoM had the same feeling, enviroment and scope that I'd think Big O might have as well.
Peace.
Malkhos 02-03-2007 07:52 PM
This is Conrad Veidt from the man who laughed (1927).

Perhaps he could play Alan Gabriel also.
Nazrael 02-03-2007 09:57 PM
Robert DeNiro for Big Ear