Spacecraft?

Dharma_Infinity 11-08-2006 03:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Valdoom
They were always there they just couldn't see past the clouds.

Yeah. Which gete me thinking - perhaps that superstructure was also some kid of weather control device? Hmmmmm....
Shadow dorothy 11-08-2006 05:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
It's totally the worst episode of big o ever.

It said "tsar" in russian on the caspule fyi.

So I was right to think the satealite was russian, but does that mean that the capsule we see in the episode is part of the present day space station?
Gerbera345 11-23-2006 07:10 PM
Likely not, the timeline of Big O apparently starts sometime after the present day and the odds are the ISS would have cooked itself on reentry. But my guess is it's a variety of Russian spacecraft, the thing looked oddly similar to a Vostok capsule (blown to massive size of course). The stagelights also looked mainly like enormous drums and watching Big O punch a huge trashcan would have looked weird.
Big Big Moon 11-27-2006 06:26 PM
I've snagged the best screenshot I can find of the spacecraft.

Definitely not a stage light. I guess it's all up to speculation.
Valdoom 11-27-2006 06:44 PM
it looks like a stage light to me. The part that would be the back of the stage light would be the part Big O is smashing. The big indentations in the side are where the clamps held it.
Big Big Moon 11-27-2006 07:06 PM
Wink

Also, the trajectory of the "divine thunder" raining down from the stagelights was vertical. The spacecraft comes in at an angle. The only thing that confuses me is how Paradigm was able to detect an orbital craft, yet they didn't detect the stage lights.
Big Money 11-27-2006 07:47 PM
Because the stagelights didn't exist! Wooooooooo! [/ACT]
Valdoom 11-28-2006 04:15 PM
they didn't detect the lights or the fallining light/spacecraft. The memories from the senetor in negotiation with the dead uncovered the falling objects.
Megadeus 01-04-2007 06:13 PM
Artificial "Stars" = Stage lights above, wayyy above the rest of the stage lights so that they could/would look like stars shining at night. This would give the appearance of a "Starry Night" and would also explain why it was on fire, or appeared to be on fire. It was probably sooo high up that it did actually re-enter the atmosphere.

Just my .02... Big Grin
Capt. Quekolis 01-04-2007 08:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy
quote:

So I was right to think the satealite was russian, but does that mean that the capsule we see in the episode is part of the present day space station?

If it was a stagelight then why does it have russian on it. Also why did the senator know about the satellite and not the stage lights?
SEELE 08 01-04-2007 09:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
quote:
quote:

If it was a stagelight then why does it have russian on it. Also why did the senator know about the satellite and not the stage lights?

Continuity error lol?

Also what are the domes protecting Paradigmn from? A vaccuum? Nuclear winter? or are they just there to keep people in?
Zopwx2 01-04-2007 11:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
quote:
quote:
quote:

Continuity error lol?

Also what are the domes protecting Paradigmn from? A vaccuum? Nuclear winter? or are they just there to keep people in?

The domes paradigm corp built are temprature/weather/climate/wtvr controlled and nice and clean. Outside is nasty and apparently cold most of the time.
Larry99 01-06-2007 09:47 PM
The lights were always there. The clouds are too thick. But what was falling in that episode: weapons by the "Union" or lights? The "Angel" is not part of the lights. Alex knew about the "Angel" but said that he did not know about he superdome. Or it could be a mistake. I don't think something such as the "Angel" falling from the altitude of the superdome would be glowing like that. Things entering the atmoshpere break apart and glow. If Alex said that they were falling after not being used, then why were they on when Big Duo hit them? What did the "Union" leader shoot up into the sky? And, was it really "Union" fighters in formation in the sky? If you look in Roger's flash back, several Big Duo's were in the same formantion in the sky; I am saying that Big Duo's were droping megaton weapons like Schwarzwald was in the episode "The Enemy Is Another Big."
Capt. Quekolis 01-07-2007 08:21 PM
Dont you think the object from space would have struck part of the lighting scaffolding?
Megadeus 01-26-2007 08:44 PM
quote:
Dont you think the object from space would have struck part of the lighting scaffolding?

If it really did come from orbit it could have smashed its way though the grid work.
Capt. Quekolis 01-30-2007 05:34 PM
But that would mean that peices of the stage work may have fallen down onto the city.