A Hostile Paradigm

Nine Kuze 10-29-2006 01:46 AM
This has been going around the forums recently and a number of members have been complaining and showing a lot of concern and distaste for this and I thought it would be best to get it out in the open.

So basically, has PCF been getting too "hostile" lately? It seems like some feel like the place has gotten to be that way with some being extremely rude to other members around here and I wanted to get some of some of your views on the subject.
Peace.
X Prime 10-29-2006 01:58 AM
I know the forums must miss my formerly frequent postings terribly, but please, stop imagining phantoms of me making your forum lives miserable whenever you mess up.

Heh.
David Ryder 10-29-2006 01:14 AM
Honestly I haven't seen much of a change, but hey that's just me.
Travis Bickle 10-29-2006 01:37 AM
I take partial responsibility for not acting sooner.
X Prime 10-29-2006 01:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
I take partial responsibility for not acting sooner.

I find this funny for some reason... acting how?
paul1290 10-29-2006 07:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
This has been going around the forums recently and a number of members have been complaining and showing a lot of concern and distaste for this and I thought it would be best to get it out in the open.

So basically, has PCF been getting too "hostile" lately? It seems like some feel like the place has gotten to be that way with some being extremely rude to other members around here and I wanted to get some of some of your views on the subject.
Peace.

Yes it has. It hasn't become too much of a problem yet but it has gotten bad enough to be somewhat noticeable. I've seen some rather rude and derogatory posts lately.
Sharpshooter005 10-29-2006 11:10 AM
Not really, periodically having an unkind word for someone isn't the same as some pervasive air of "hostility"
088nd 10-29-2006 11:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Not really, periodically having an unkind word for someone isn't the same as some pervasive air of "hostility"

I agree. I think any sort of disagreement is now seen as hostile. Which is strange for a forum that used to be filled with a bunch of stupid ass drama.
X Prime 10-29-2006 02:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005

I agree. I think any sort of disagreement is now seen as hostile. Which is strange for a forum that used to be filled with a bunch of stupid ass drama.

DING DING DING DING DING

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

WINNERS BY TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT AND NEW COMMON SENSE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS:

SHARP AND 088ND!

Seriously. Anyone who disagrees with their excellent point, I have but one thing to say: CRY MOAR. I don't really have the time or inclination to beat some sense into everyone these days, so I'm sorry that things like more 'hostile' now after such an extended semi-absence of mine.
David Ryder 10-29-2006 02:23 PM
Yeah. A few unkind words and what have you don't really amount to, like sharp said, "hostility". Just minor little instantes don't need to be blown outta proportion into unnecessary drama. Well that's what I think anyways.
Big Money 10-29-2006 03:50 PM
I think your mom has been pretty hostile lately. Skank!

In all seriousness, thouth, am I wrong in thinking that the accusations of hostility are against, well, most of the people who've posted in this thread? As in, the same people who fiercely proclaim that there is no such hostility? The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Just a thought.
Sharpshooter005 10-29-2006 04:13 PM
If its any consolation, I think I've found a picture that will be relevant to your interests:

Moving away from inside jokes, isolated incidents of very debatable "hostility" aren't the same as a more pervasive atmosphere of it. So again wheres the real problem.
088nd 10-29-2006 04:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
In all seriousness, thouth, am I wrong in thinking that the accusations of hostility are against, well, most of the people who've posted in this thread? As in, the same people who fiercely proclaim that there is no such hostility? The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Actually, you're probably right. But I think only the cool people posted in this thread.
David Ryder 10-29-2006 04:20 PM
Some evidence of the alleged "hostility" would be nice, if not then perhaps closing the thread might be in the best interest of everyone. Although I haven't been openly hostile towards anyone that's for sure.

Edit: Fixed a minor spelling error.
Krang 10-29-2006 10:39 PM
As some have said, I don't know if I would call this place as a whole "hostile," but there are definitely more rude posts than necessary. I think this stems from the fact that some of you take online forums way too seriously. Does it really anger you that much when you see a member who acts somewhat annoying or clueless? Can't you just ignore them rather than getting upset to the point where you feel you have to tell them off? No forum is going to be perfect, so expecting one to be is useless and is just going to cause unnecessary stress.

At the very least, if some member annoys you to the point where you can't stand it anymore, do something about it off the forums. Most people have their contact information on their profiles, so there's no excuse for attacking them on the forums. Nobody wants to read threads that spin off into personal arguments or sift through an entire page of irrelevant comments about some other forum (*cough* *cough*), so please leave that kind of conversation off the forums where it belongs.
Travis Bickle 10-29-2006 11:36 PM
It works?
088nd 10-30-2006 12:07 AM
It's funny, now that Scott is banned, I can see this place dying even more than it already has. Not that, you know, he was so involved, but still.

GJJJJ Scot.
Sharpshooter005 10-30-2006 01:57 AM
quote:
Nobody wants to read threads that spin off into personal arguments or sift through an entire page of irrelevant comments about some other forum

In my defense, I'm minimally proud of that visual joke...it seemed to amuse people familiar with the premise.
Zopwx2 10-31-2006 10:58 PM
If I've offended anyone in my 3+ years since I've registered I officially suggest you get a life.
Sharpshooter005 10-31-2006 11:31 PM

Ceiling cat is watching those who take offense to the internet, it's ever vigilant gaze studying their very souls, categorizing them, judging them.

When it renders its terrifying verdict none shall be spared.