The Steven Spielberg Thread

Nine Kuze 10-24-2006 04:53 PM
I was inspired by Scott's latest post in the "A.I.: Artifical Intellegence" thread and so I decided to make this thread on ol' boy Spielberg. That filmmaker dude with the grey hair who invited Blockbuster.

This is the Steven Spielberg thread. For some reason, we have a Taylor Hackford and that one director who killed the Batman franchise in the 90's thread's but no mainstream director. Anyway, up here, you can discuss about films that Spielberg has made from all perspectives. If you have a favorite film that he made or if you think all his films suck, hate him and all the bands he likes, then that can be discussed as well.

A Taste of Steven Spielberg Films (this are just off the top of my head, so if I forgot any, my bad):
- Jaws (1976)
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- The Color Purple (1985)
- Schindler's List (1993)
- Hook (1993)
- Saving Private Ryan (1998 )
- Minority Report (2002)
- Munich (2005)

So, on the topic of Steven Spielberg and his films, have any thoughts and if so, discuss away.
Peace.
David Ryder 10-26-2006 08:00 PM
Yeah Spielberg is a good director. I enjoyed Close Encounters, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, and Munich.
Generalissimo D 10-26-2006 08:25 PM
I didn't like Close Encounters and I haven't seen The Color Purple.

Everything else is pretty straight.
Mr. Peabody 10-26-2006 09:35 PM
I prefer Spielberg's earlier films, and Duel was his first and one of his best. Cool
Hollow XXVI 10-26-2006 11:54 PM
Duel is friggin awesome, I loved that movie.
Nine Kuze 10-27-2006 04:04 PM
Wow, and I was going to have this deleted. You know, with the no posts thing and all.

Anyway to me at least, I think Spielberg is a great storyteller and an alright filmmaker. He tries to go for the audience's feelings a lot in his films and lately, his stories have no real endings (*looks at Munich*).

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
I didn't like Close Encounters and I haven't seen The Color Purple.

Everything else is pretty straight.

I haven't seen Close Encounters myself and I have The Color Purple but I just haven't gotten around to see it yet. It has Oprah it in after all. I haven't seen Minority Report either and seeing who's in that film, I think its safe to say I never will. I haven't seen all that much of his earlier work myself.

His favorite film of mine is Schindler's List personally. Also, I like Hook even though I know how pretty damn bad it is.
Peace.