Red, White, and BOOM!

Seihou 10-11-2006 04:02 PM
Okay folks, do what the poll says. I say Fau would go bye-bye. Anyone else want to shout out their answer?
Nazrael 10-11-2006 04:13 PM
I think Big Duo's Megatons are as powerful as Big O's Final Stage, it's just that the Final Stage is a focused beam with a chance of missing. The missiles cover a smaller area, but they completely obliterate anything within the viscinity.

I doubt Duo could fire them though. It has to fly directly at the target in a downward arc. Fau could easily take out Duo with it's shoulder lasers. Duo'd be toast.

In a fight though, the victor would be tough to figure. Duo's missiles can only really be fired when it's still, and if it stops moving Fau has the firepower to take it out. But Duo's fast enough to avoid fire if it keeps moving.
David Ryder 10-11-2006 05:08 PM
Not sure. Maybe there is a small chance it could, but Fau's shield seemed to be pretty darn strong.
Dharma_Infinity 10-11-2006 05:34 PM
Well, they're so powerfull in that contained area...yeah, they'd frag Fau.

And David Ryder...loving the MST3K-y ness of your profile. Space Muntiny is the best Laughing
David Ryder 10-11-2006 05:38 PM
quote:
And David Ryder...loving the MST3K-y ness of your profile. Space Muntiny is the best Laughing

Hehe thanks.

Maybe Alex would have PC (Plot Contrivance) field and he would some way survie the blast and then say something like "Not quite good enough Mr. Smith". Would anyone be surprised in a Sunrise show, I think not.
ZeroKirbyX 10-11-2006 08:20 PM
C'mon, they're megatons. They'd blow away Big Fau.
Big Money 10-11-2006 08:45 PM
I'm of the opinion Fau's shield only covers against physical attacks; that seems to me to be the reason Alex went straight for the helmet. So I'm guessing Fau would be destroyed if the missiles were launched succesfully.
Hobodoken 10-11-2006 11:41 PM
Considering the only thing we've seen the shield block is O's punch... not even sure if it was a Piston Punch...

I'm under the impression the data concerning the shield is insufficient for such a claim.
Jim Starluck 10-12-2006 12:59 AM
He hit it with at least one Piston, and also his machine guns and missiles. We didn't actually SEE the Barrier block those last two, but seeing as Big Fau didn't have a scratch on it afterwards I think it's a safe assumption.
SEELE 08 10-12-2006 01:35 AM
Big Fau could take the missiles I think, and I think it could probably take out Big Duo, remember unlike Big O it has a number of powerful fixed and aimable beam weapons. The two back mounted beam weapons that are highly adustable would probably work fine as anti-air weaponry.
Shadow dorothy 10-12-2006 08:58 PM
If Duo's missles almost destroyed Big O then they could obleiderate the sheild and then with another round could blow-up Faus cockpit.