Plane Crash at NYC

Nine Kuze 10-11-2006 03:43 PM
I just read an article a little while ago and although there saying that there's no hint of terrorism involved.

quote:
NEW YORK - A small plane crashed into a high-rise condominium Wednesday on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, touching off a raging fire and stirring fears reminiscent of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. Local affiliate WNBC reported four bodies had been found.

Federal officials said there was no evidence that the crash was a terrorist attack. The fire was extinguished within an hour.

There was no word on injuries. The blaze was extinguished in less than hour.

The full article is here.
Peace.
Nazrael 10-11-2006 03:58 PM
Just now saw this on the news. A bit weird that the plane was in NYC airspace without any reaction from the National Guard...

Shame about that Yankee player.
Sharpshooter005 10-11-2006 04:59 PM
quote:
Cory Lidle of the New York Yankees, seen on Sept. 13, was killed Wednesday when his plane crashed into a Manhattan high-rise.

One more casualty of the diabolic and fanatical militant sect known as the "red sox nation".
David Ryder 10-11-2006 05:00 PM
Yeah I heard about this earlier. Oh well, stuff happens.
Nazrael 10-11-2006 05:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Cory Lidle of the New York Yankees, seen on Sept. 13, was killed Wednesday when his plane crashed into a Manhattan high-rise.

One more casualty of the diabolic and fanatical militant sect known as the "red sox nation".

Oh boy. You're on my bad list now.

*tips Red Sox cap*
Mike 10-11-2006 05:11 PM
He was the opening pitcher in game 4 of the ALDS. Which, as you remember, was a brutal one-sided massacre.

It was either suicide, or They Made It Look Like An Accident.
Nine Kuze 10-11-2006 05:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
He was the opening pitcher in game 4 of the ALDS. Which, as you remember, was a brutal one-sided massacre.

It was either suicide, or They Made It Look Like An Accident.

That's horrible... and hilarious at the same time. Besides, you guys till have the Mets if nothing else. Whose "They"? And why all the captials? o_O

quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
Shame about that Yankee player.

Actually, when I first saw your post, I had no idea what you were talking about until I heard the story on the radio.

Damn shame.
Peace.
Mike 10-11-2006 07:08 PM
"They" are Torre and Steinbrenner.
Travis Bickle 10-11-2006 07:48 PM
My dad was like a block away when it happened. Fun stuff.
Mike 10-11-2006 10:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle

I was like 50 blocks away, in class, and my friend's mom called him (from Vegas) to tell him what happened, I think like 10 other people did too cause suddenly everyone had CNN on their computers.
Wingnut 10-12-2006 02:18 PM
quote:

FUN?!?! What the f*** is with you?! People die in a plane crash and you think it is "Fun Stuff"? Get the hell out of here NOW and don't bother comeing back asshole.
Travis Bickle 10-12-2006 03:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
quote:

FUN?!?! What the f*** is with you?! People die in a plane crash and you think it is "Fun Stuff"? Get the hell out of here NOW and don't bother coming back asshole.

Dude, you take things way too seriously. A man died, and he was a hero to many. I recognize this. I feel for him and his family and everyone else. I'm not mocking it.

The whole "fun stuff" thing is something I say a lot, just like "dude", "whatever you kids say these days", "chumpette", etc.. Not that it's fun for me that he died, or funny. I'm not sadistic or anything. It's like a way of reiterating the fact that "OMG I KNOW SOMEONE WHO WAS THERE", not making fun of it and shoving it into people's faces.

Maybe YOU and the rest of you little girls should stfu and gtfo.
Almasy 10-12-2006 03:30 PM
When my dad was looking for a place in Manhattan a little while ago he actually checked out a place in that same building, on the very same side as where the plane crashed, and the building he ended up living in was pretty close to that one.
Hollow XXVI 10-13-2006 11:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
quote:

FUN?!?! What the f*** is with you?! People die in a plane crash and you think it is "Fun Stuff"? Get the hell out of here NOW and don't bother comeing back asshole.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa man. Ever heard of sarcasm?

If you haven't, please never read any of my posts.
Ano Hito 10-15-2006 02:19 PM
I can feel the love already.

Seriously though, I read that it's difficult to purposefully crash into a building - that's why the terrorists had to go to flight school and stuff. I bet it was suicide.
Mike 10-15-2006 02:38 PM
It was probably an accident. Manhattan has a lot of obstacles and is really no place for a newbie pilot to be.