Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Travis Bickle 10-10-2006 08:31 PM
I'm going to make it really simple:

Kreate a Fatality = lame button pressing combinations and no charachter unique fatalities

Endings = your charachter doing a kata with a voiceover telling a terrible non-canon story, not resolving anything

Konquest = MK: Shaolin Monks dumbed down

A lot of other bad things, but I don't want to get into it on the account of I'm depressed that I wasted my money on a piece of crap like this.
Pie_Junkie 10-10-2006 09:09 PM
One of my reasonings to stick wit' the old skool games.
Nine Kuze 10-12-2006 11:11 AM
I saw a commercial pimping this last night and just looks like a 3D remix of Trilogy. There's this picture though showing all the characters in it though.

quote:
Originally posted by Pie_Junkie
One of my reasonings to stick wit' the old skool games.

Agreed. I still play MK3 from time to time and MK: Trilogy is my favorite one. I stopped paying attention after 4, which sucked. It was too easy for me.

I'm also shocked this is the seventh game.
Peace.
Raven 10-12-2006 06:11 PM
If you liked the last two you'll like this one. I have it and it's not as bad as Travis makes it sound.
Buck Buck #1 10-12-2006 08:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
If you liked the last two you'll like this one. I have it and it's not as bad as Travis makes it sound.

People liked the last two?

Just kidding, though I've never really been a fan of MK.
Shredder 10-12-2006 11:09 PM
I don't know what game you guys are playing, but I know I'm enjoying MKA. Of course it's nothing like the old school ones (which are some of my favorite games, period, especially MK2), but at least I wasn't expecting that. I'm having a lot of fun with the Konquest mode. Who cares if it's a little like Shaolin Monks? I loved that game, too (especially because of its inclusion of 2-player co-op, something sorely missing from games these days). The Kreate-a-Fighter mode looks fun, too, as does the Motor Kombat, although I haven't tried them yet. The 3-D MK fighting system isn't my favorite, but it's tolerable. They did cut down on the number of styles per character, which I thought were a little too much in the last two games. Overall, I'm having fun with a game that packs a lot into one disc (or two, if you got the premium edition). Who cares if it's not perfect? It's better than the last two 3-D MKs by far. The point should be that it's fun, which I think it is.

But then again, I'm a MK fan from way back, so maybe I'm just biased. Wink
David Ryder 10-13-2006 04:02 AM
Seven games (not counting the MANY sides games, like Shaolin Monks)? Man I stopped caring after the 3rd one. Although the neat little extra modes look fun though.