The Alchemic Connection

Nine Kuze 10-09-2006 03:28 PM
You know that one thread in the Ailesberry Farm that's solely based on why there is so much hate for InuYasha that GatoGurl made?

Yeah, same thing here except the emphasis is for FMA.

I like FullMetal Alchemist (hate me now) for the simple emphasis that Edward and Alphonse Elric love each other so much that they would sacrifice each other no questions asked to help the other one. What can I say? I'm a sucka for brotherly love.

But there are some who really don't like the series and I just want to get their take on why. I like to get both sides of the story and I'd like to have those who don't like FMA to come on up and say their piece.

So basically if you hate FMA, then come on it and get your hate on.
Peace.
FlashBoy 10-17-2006 10:58 PM
This is funny...Everyone loves FMA! I'm not suprise! Big Grin , This thread seemed lonely.
Greed 10-21-2006 02:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by FlashBoy
This is funny...Everyone loves FMA! I'm not suprise! Big Grin , This thread seemed lonely.

no kiddin, dude. I am a fan... a huge fan. I think almost everybody likes FMA.
Nine Kuze 10-21-2006 07:12 PM
I think you two would be surprised (as I was) at how many that don't share your enthusiasm for FMA. At least as far as I know. I know most who didn't give it a chance after the first couple of episodes and I remember one member saying that the series has no real screenplay, but its just a rehashing of a high schooler's LiveJournal (that's gets me everytime Laughing ).

I was looking forward to hearing some of the details on why some didn't like FMA but oh well, I suppose.
Peace.
StevieV019 11-22-2006 09:25 AM
There was a long period of time where I was turned off by what was being shown and what was new in anime since the Cowboy Bebop/Outlaw Star/Big O/Gundam craze began on Toonami and Adult Swim back in the day (circa 1998-2002). I still see that as golden age of Adult Swim, and still see that as the best AS has had to offer. Cowboy Bebop was huge for me...and I still rank it as the best series Ive ever seen, hands down. Since then, there have been only 3 series' that have gathered my attention and made me interested to the level that Bebop reached. Those three are Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Samurai Champloo, and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Ive heard the rumblings of people regarding Fullmetal, and most people mention that its entertaining, but a lot get turned off because they mention it gets complex regarding transmutation without a circle, the philosopher's stone, and the homunculi. Many people have watched up until Shou Tucker's failed transmutation of his daughter and dog and are turned off from that situation and the results. And then of course, many people dont understand the gate, and get annoyed by it and stop watching from there, even though the series is about to end...

Personally, I love FMA...Ive seen at least 75% of the episodes, and still watch them when they come on Adult Swim. Being that its one of the few shows I enjoy and it keeps me somewhat interested in anime...Ill always endorse it...but Ive seen my fair share of skepticism regarding the show...
Nine Kuze 01-30-2007 06:31 PM
I got this idea from ol' boy Spoderman and thought it'd be interesting to play around with. He made a good point of 60% of the episodes in FMA were basically filler and even though I don't exactly agree with the statistical figures he came up with, I do agree that a rather large portion of FMA is filler.

So, I'm going to go through the episodes and cross out the possible episodes that could be cut from the series still leave the series intact and the same as before.

01: Those Who Challenge the Sun
02: Body of the Sanctioned
03: Mother
04: A Forger's Love
05: The Man with the Mechanical Arm
06: The Alchemy Exam
07: Night of the Chimera's Cry
08: The Philosopher's Stone
09: Be Thou For the People
10: The Phantom Thief
11/12: The Other Elric Brothers, Part 1 and 2
13: FullMetal vs. Flame
14. Destruction's Right Hand
15. The Ishbal Massacre
16. That Which is Lost
17. House of the Waiting Family
18. Marcoh's notes
19. The Truth Behind Truths
20. Soul of the Guardian
21. The Red Glow
22. Created Human
23. FullMetal Heart
24. Bonding Memories
25. Words of Farewell
26. Her Reason
27. Teacher
28. All is One, One is All
29. The Untainted Child
30. Assult on South Headquarters
31. Sin
32. Dante of the Deep Forest
33. Al, Captured
34. Theory of Avarice
35. Reunion of the Fallen
36. The Sinner Within
37. Flame Alchemist: the Bachelor Lieutenant & the Mystery of Warehouse 13
38. With the River's Flow
39. Secrets of Ishbal
40. The Scar
41. Holy Mother
42. His Name is Unknown
43. The Stray Dog
44. Hohenheim of Light
45. A Rotted Heart
46. Human Transmutation
47. Sealing the Homunculus
48. Goodbye
49. The Other Side of the Gate
50. Death
51. Laws and Promises

This is just what I feel personally and I cut some out because they were either filler or that they didn't really advance the plot themselves (could probably be combined into one episode), or other reason such as that. So, any discussions on the topic maybe?
Peace.
MistressAnima 04-23-2007 02:38 AM
I don't hate it, but I've heard complaints from those who like the manga and not the anime, those who like both but not the movie, and those who dislike FMA.