Can Harry Potter survive without Emma Watson?

DorothyFan1 10-08-2006 05:12 PM
I'm feeling bored and tired of seeing this listless number of threads with no real excitement in them. So I decided to conjure up this up with a wicked spell --- can the remaining Harry Potter movies survive without actress Emma Watson?

Emma Watson...plays the role of Hermione on the popular Harry Potter movies. Recent comments by her suggest she may go cold turkey and leave the franchise. If this happens...can the franchise survive? Should they even do the last novelizations for the movies if she leaves? Or can the Harry Potter series take the loss and find a decent Emma Watson replacement?
David Ryder 10-08-2006 05:45 PM
quote:
If this happens...can the franchise survive?

Simple answer, yes. It's Harry Potter. They could recast the entire movie, and it would most likely be popular.
NVWC2006 10-08-2006 07:26 PM
People would still see it.

I've seen photos for OotP and daniel radcliffe looks horrible as harry w/that haircut.

but i'll still see it.

the story and character of harry potter are not decided by the movie, but by our interpretations of the books. the movies just help us visualize it some. i don't think it matters who the actors/actresses are as long as they can portray the parts well.
David Ryder 10-08-2006 08:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
People would still see it.

I've seen photos for OotP and daniel radcliffe looks horrible as harry w/that haircut.

but i'll still see it.

the story and character of harry potter are not decided by the movie, but by our interpretations of the books. the movies just help us visualize it some. i don't think it matters who the actors/actresses are as long as they can portray the parts well.

Agreed. The Potter craze won't die out or even slow down if they recast one of the roles in the movies.

quote:
Should they even do the last novelizations for the movies if she leaves?

I know I would. More films = more $$$$
ScionofDestiny 10-15-2006 12:03 AM
The Potter craze ... it's more of a well-oiled war machine than a craze now... entire countries could be devoured under the weight of this movement.
Ano Hito 10-30-2006 03:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
Should they even do the last novelizations for the movies if she leaves?

The books came before the movies, fyi.
Jonny Axehandle 12-03-2006 10:23 PM
Being a fan of the movies and not the books, I can say they would go way downhill if they had to replace the actor of a major character like that. (Dumbledore doesn't count cause he has so much hair on his face you could barely tell)
Schwarzwald 12-04-2006 08:55 PM
Only if they recast Harry and Ron as well. You might as well do the other two if your getting rid of a primary actor.

Harry Potter will still survive surely, but the original actors always have a special appeal of replacements.