Act 17: Swart's speech

Valdoom 10-04-2006 03:10 PM
I was bored and I thought this was a good speech so...I typed it up.
I hope you guys like it.

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that still fears the dark. He doesn’t face that fear. He averts his eyes from it and acts as if he never had any memories of his history. But, forty years can be both a brief time and, yet a long time. Man’s fear has withered, and even time tries to wither the desire to know the truth. Is it a crime to try and learn the truth? Is it a sin to search for those things we fear? My purpose in this world is knowledge, and the dissemination of it. And it is I who is to restore the fruits of my labor to the entire world. Fear, it is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant man stops fearing is the instant the species will reach a dead end. Only to sink to pitiable lows. Only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction. Wake up! Don’t be afraid of knowledge! Humans who lose the capacity to think become creature whose existence has no value. Think, you humans who are spit in to two worlds. Unless you want the gulf between humans to expand in to obilivion. You must think!

Signed,
Schwarzwald
Nine Kuze 10-04-2006 05:22 PM
A couple of typos but not bad and what better why to start an episode?

Everything Schwartzwald says is pretty damn sweet, but I like his last speech in Act 24 (The War of Paradigm City) before he died.

For some reason, it escapes me or I would I have typed it up here.
Peace.
Nazrael 10-04-2006 06:09 PM
This one, you mean?

"The giants who formed this world into its sensual existance, and now seem to live in it in chains, are in truth the causes of its life and the sources of all activity, but the chains are the cunning of weak and tame minds, which have power to resist energy. I will have the true memories in my possession! All this time I was mistaken, but it won't be long now, for I realize what those memories really are!"

"Paradigm City--a grand, ostentatious stage--and above it, secretly looking down at the folly of human blunders, were not the ever-expecting and comforting presences of gods, but only this abandoned equipment! HA! This is a comedy! That which I was searching for, the true memories, they were--"

Then he essploded. Frown
Nine Kuze 10-04-2006 06:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
"Paradigm City--a grand, ostentatious stage--and above it, secretly looking down at the folly of human blunders, were not the ever-expecting and comforting presences of gods, but only this abandoned equipment! HA! This is a comedy! That which I was searching for, the true memories, they were--"

Then he essploded. Frown

Yeah, this one. I'm really feelin' this one and its funny that I was sporting this as a quote in my sig and I couldn't remember it.

Damn shame ol' boy couldn't reveal what he discovered about Paradigm before he died.

Thanks and yeah, indeed on the "essplosion".
Peace.
David Ryder 10-04-2006 06:46 PM
quote:
Everything Schwartzwald says is pretty damn sweet

Truth. It's a shame he didn't play a bigger role in season II.
Nazrael 10-04-2006 07:23 PM
Technically, he did.

In Season 1 he was only in 2 episodes. In Season he appeared in about 4. (counting Big Duo)
Nine Kuze 10-04-2006 07:27 PM
I think what ol' boy Gaddes was trying to say was that Season 2 sucks hard compared to Season 1.

Nah, I'm kiddin' but Schwartzwald had a megaduse and was kickin' ass and takin' Roger's name. But then in Season 2, he was pretty dead through out the whole season (technically, if you go by what Angel said at the end of Act 17).
Peace.
Nazrael 10-04-2006 07:41 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. A lot of the characters seem very different from their Season 1 counterparts.
David Ryder 10-04-2006 08:01 PM
quote:
Season 2 sucks hard compared to Season 1.

Aye. good ol' Schwartzwald sucks hard in season II compared to the first season, where his voice came in and gave the same speech another 20 times. Atleast in the first season, he actually go some screen time other than his face showing up in the background or him wandering in the back ground and dying somehow.
ZeroKirbyX 10-04-2006 08:15 PM
He was alot more maniacal in season I. I note primarily the party from episode 12.
Schwarzwald_X 10-09-2006 02:52 PM
Ah, the Schwarzwald speech. Personally, I thought of it as the best part of the entire second season.
Valdoom 10-09-2006 03:10 PM
I'm glad my work and spelling errors weren't for nothing.

PS: I've listened to this speech 14 times over the last week.
edited: 16 times
Valdoom 10-21-2006 12:52 PM
double post...I'm sorry

Look what I found!!! schwartzwald's speech

Also I've now seen this speech 26 times.