The FMA RPG

Nine Kuze 10-03-2006 12:33 PM
*credibility goes out the window*

I've had this idea running in my head for a while and I wanted to get the fam's perspective on it as well.

Basically, how does the idea of a RP based off of FullMetal Alchemist sound to anybody? I know this should probably go to the Nightingale but I was wanted to get the idea, and maybe planning it out after that, out there here first.

And besides, I haven't been doing so hot at the Nightingale recently anyway. >_<

So, any thoughts on the subject?
Peace.
evanASF27 10-03-2006 12:42 PM
It really depends where you want the RPG to begin. Were you planning to have Ed and Al still journying to find the Philosopher's Stone (with Al in the armor and the homonculi still around), or somewhere between the events of the end of the series and the movie, or even after the movie (I won't say the circumstances since not everyone has seen the movie)?
Nine Kuze 10-03-2006 12:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
It really depends where you want the RPG to begin. Were you planning to have Ed and Al still journying to find the Philosopher's Stone (with Al in the armor and the homonculi still around), or somewhere between the events of the end of the series and the movie, or even after the movie (I won't say the circumstances since not everyone has seen the movie)?

Um, good point Evan.

I think it would be best if the same path was taken such as that of the anime, with Edward and Alphonse looking for the Philosopher's Stone, the Homonculi led by Dante trying to kill them and all that. That seems to be the best direction since that seems to be the most common plotline that most know of when it comes to FMA.

Since everyone hasn't seen the movie (myself included. Not the whole thing but I've read enough summaries and seen enough of it to know what's up) I think it would work the best, if get this crackin' that is.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 10-03-2006 07:15 PM
Kill this with fire.
Nine Kuze 10-04-2006 01:57 PM
Oh my, I do believe I'm being trolled.

Or D, could this mean that you really want to be the Flame Alchemist in this RP? Tongue

Anbody else on this FMA RP idea?
Peace.
ZeroKirbyX 10-04-2006 02:44 PM
I've never been a big fan of RPing the story thats already been told. It's like playing through a movie's video game. Whats the point, it all ends the same.
Nine Kuze 10-09-2006 03:02 PM
Actually, it wouldn't be the exact same story that's already been told. But it would just follow the same main path of the original story, with Edward and Alphonse looking for the Philosopher's Stone to restore their bodies. It can be taken in a new direction but basically, its Edward and Alphonse looking for the Philosopher's Stone.

Anyone still up for this or am I talkin' to himself?
Peace.
The Shrouded Alchemist 10-10-2006 11:57 AM
Hey. I'm up for it.
The Shrouded Alchemist 10-16-2006 03:42 PM
Are we ever gonna get this thing rollin' or what? Confused
Nine Kuze 10-17-2006 03:50 AM
I would like to personally but we're still gonna need more members to see if they're up for it.

The RP thing doesn't work without people to take part in, don't you know?
Peace.
David Ryder 10-17-2006 06:33 AM
Question, So would one have to choose the character they want to be or are original characters ok?
Nine Kuze 10-17-2006 12:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
Question, So would one have to choose the character they want to be or are original characters ok?

No, Gaddes. That's completely cool. If you want to be one of the original characters, then you call one for yourself (if enough people get up on this that is) to RP with. But if you want to create a character and throw them into the FMA world, that's cool and good too. Also, if anybody wants to go outside again and use the characters from the video games and the non-used characters from the manga (such as Lin and all them), that's all good as well.
Peace.
David Ryder 10-17-2006 09:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder

No, Gaddes. That's completely cool. If you want to be one of the original characters, then you call one for yourself (if enough people get up on this that is) to RP with. But if you want to create a character and throw them into the FMA world, that's cool and good too. Also, if anybody wants to go outside again and use the characters from the video games and the non-used characters from the manga (such as Lin and all them), that's all good as well.
Peace.

Cool cool. If you get enough people, I just might try my hand at this role playing thing.