Discussion

088nd 10-03-2006 12:37 AM
This is a thread for discussing things that should probably be discussed, or haven't been discussed already. Maybe you could even discuss a discussion you had with friends or peers today. Or maybe discuss the lost art of discussion and how it is absent on these boards. Or discuss the discussion of this thread in an analytical and critical way. Maybe discussing isn't your thing. Maybe you're thinking "why should I discuss things that probably shouldn't be discussed anyways? is there any point to this meaningless discussion, and if I can't find one, should I discuss this existential revelation with my peers?". Such things are natural to feel, and discussion only helps ease the confusion that comes along with this. In fact, discussion also alleviates most problems in society, and discussing discussions main effect on soothing our countries ills would be a great discussion indeed. I'm partial to the discussion of discourse myself. Logic tends to break down, reason gives way to emotion, the hallmarks of a decadent discussing society. Reasons are blurred with opinions, plastic plastic plastic. Discuss this great discussion on discusssing the lost art of discussion. As Jimi Hendrix discussed through music "WAVE ON".
Travis Bickle 10-03-2006 06:03 PM
Can we discuss how people desensitize violence when it comes to religion but not when it comes to other worldly events? That would be tits.
088nd 10-03-2006 06:04 PM
If that's your groove then let's have a go.
Big Money 10-03-2006 07:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
Can we discuss how people desensitize violence when it comes to religion but not when it comes to other worldly events? That would be tits.

This is exactly one half of the reason I'm looking forward to Assasin's Creed.

Wait, maybe I missed your point.
Nine Kuze 10-09-2006 04:10 PM
Interesting thread, 088nd.

Also as far as TB is going, I also don't like how people (particular those who are religious) try to keep violence away from their precious religion but like to shove it down our throats with other means. Let's talk about this; in a civilized manner of course.

Also Money, what are you talking about?
Peace.
David Ryder 10-09-2006 04:13 PM
Assasin's Creed is a game for PS3 and 360. It's a sort like a streath action game. I think that's the one he's talking about.
088nd 10-09-2006 06:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
Assasin's Creed is a game for PS3 and 360. It's a sort like a streath action game. I think that's the one he's talking about*.

/// discussing about *
Nazrael 10-09-2006 06:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Interesting thread, 088nd.

Also as far as TB is going, I also don't like how people (particular those who are religious) try to keep violence away from their precious religion but like to shove it down our throats with other means. Let's talk about this; in a civilized manner of course.

Also Money, what are you talking about?
Peace.

As a religous person, I quite agree with this. I believe that these people are not true to any religion that does not support violene. I think we should remove such people and burn them at the stake.

Filthy Heathens.

(lol.)
Sharpshooter005 10-09-2006 07:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle

This is exactly one half of the reason I'm looking forward to Assasin's Creed.

Wait, maybe I missed your point.

Yeah so was I until I heard this gimmick about the game (you playing as an assassin) being some sort of VR game...within...the game. I don't know how it'll work but it seems needless.

quote:
I also don't like how people (particular those who are religious) try to keep violence away from their precious religion but like to shove it down our throats with other means. Let's talk about this; in a civilized manner of course.

I don't..completely follow. I think I get what you're going for here but I'm not sure
Nine Kuze 10-10-2006 07:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
I also don't like how people (particular those who are religious) try to keep violence away from their precious religion but like to shove it down our throats with other means. Let's talk about this; in a civilized manner of course.

I don't..completely follow. I think I get what you're going for here but I'm not sure

To be honest, I just wrote that to see if people would take off with it and start a discussion with it. I think Nazreal may have taken it a but too far though. I guess what I'm going for is that religion over the years is quite violent but most don't seem like thy want to embrace that notion. Or something like that, around those lines.
Peace.
Nazrael 10-10-2006 07:27 PM
Merely joking. But those people are nothing but hypocrites. Kind of makes me feel a bit ashamed to believe in similar things to these people.