Knight Rider

Mr. Peabody 09-30-2006 12:47 PM


Here's a teaser poster for the rumored film version of the popular 80s TV show Knight Rider.
David Ryder 09-30-2006 01:17 PM
Ugh, can someone in Hollywood do something other than remake an 80's TV show? All these remakes are getting kinda tiresome.
Travis Bickle 09-30-2006 01:20 PM
They finally ran out of ideas.
Nine Kuze 09-30-2006 01:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Ugh, can someone in Hollywood do something other than remake an 80's TV show? All these remakes are getting kinda tiresome.

Indeed. And please tell me that David Hassellhoff as nothing to do with the film... please?
Peace.
David Ryder 09-30-2006 01:25 PM
Yes, Hassellhoff need to stay away from this, in fact any actor need to stay away from this. And since it's a remake of soemthing from the 80's, Seth Macfarland must be behind this in some shape or form.
Mr. Peabody 09-30-2006 01:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
They finally ran out of ideas.


Hollywood ran out of ideas a LONG time ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Please tell me that David Hasselhoff as nothing to do with the film...please?


In a recent inteview Hasselhoff said Orlando Bloom is going to be the new Michael Knight.
Nine Kuze 09-30-2006 01:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
They finally ran out of ideas.


Hollywood ran out of ideas a LONG time ago.

Yes. Yes they did. I'm more mad about the people who put up the money for crap like this.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Please tell me that David Hasselhoff as nothing to do with the film...please?


In a recent inteview Hasselhoff said Orlando Bloom is going to be the new Michael Knight.

Dear God, help us all. Although, that could be kind of hilarious to see. Career suicide and embarassing for Bloom (if he hasn't already done that yet. I heard about Elizabethtown, I know what's up) but it could be so damn funny.
Peace.
David Ryder 09-30-2006 01:50 PM
Bloom eh? Well that an interesting choice but thank god it wasn't oh say Vin Diesel and if they use a crappy Rap/Techno/something Beat based, that will make it 100 times more lame.
Sharpshooter005 09-30-2006 02:01 PM
I hate to come across as one of these "THE MEDIA'S RAPING MY OVERLY NOSTALGIC CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!" sorts who pop up whenever somethings remade...but...

They're apparently, judging by the poster, changing KITT? That just seems needless and kind of a shame. Are they at least getting the guy who did the original voice?
Mike 09-30-2006 02:09 PM
KITT is not an 82 Trans Am. PHAIL!
Pie_Junkie 09-30-2006 02:59 PM
Oh god...
Comment from mum: "So ya think they'll make a McGuyver movie next?"
ZeroKirbyX 09-30-2006 03:03 PM
Why are they changing KITT? I'd love a Knight Rider movie, but we need something NOT like what happened to Miami Vice.
Mr. Peabody 09-30-2006 03:26 PM
I did some research, and the plot in development follows the show's continuity. David Hasslehoff is involved (sorry Nine XXVI). He's now the director of the agency he worked for, and hires a new Michael Knight (possibly Orlando Bloom) and a new KITT car to fight crime.
Nine Kuze 09-30-2006 03:40 PM
quote:
Comment from mum: "So ya think they'll make a McGuyver movie next?"

Sweet Jesus. It doesn't help that I laughed at that too but really. Where the hell does it end?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
I did some research, and the plot in development follows the show's continuity. David Hasslehoff is involved (sorry Nine XXVI). He's now the director of the agency he worked for, and hires a new Michael Knight (possibly Orlando Bloom) and a new KITT car to fight crime.

It's alright I suppose. But following the plot you just posted, its seems destined that it would suck nonetheless if ol' boy wasn't involved anyway.

...MacGuyver movie *still laughin'*
Peace.
Pie_Junkie 09-30-2006 04:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Comment from mum: "So ya think they'll make a McGuyver movie next?"

Sweet Jesus. It doesn't help that I laughed at that too but really. Where the hell does it end?

It ends at an A-team movie?
Nine Kuze 09-30-2006 06:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pie_Junkie
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Comment from mum: "So ya think they'll make a McGuyver movie next?"

Sweet Jesus. It doesn't help that I laughed at that too but really. Where the hell does it end?

It ends at an A-team movie?

Actually, that's a better idea than MacGuyer.

...f***in' MacGuyer. I'm still laughing over that.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 09-30-2006 06:41 PM
MacGuyver in the...Guyver.
Big Money 09-30-2006 09:42 PM
The problem with this is that Knight Rider wasn't even that great of a premise. The only value the show has is campiness or nostalgia, if you're into that kind of thing.
Travis Bickle 09-30-2006 10:39 PM
They need to make WHEEL OF FORTUNE: THE MOVIE.

Or no...AMERICAN BANDSTAND!

A sure-fire feel good hit of the summer.
Big Money 09-30-2006 10:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
AMERICAN GLADIATORS!


Looks like you typo'd there. I fixed it for you.