Tomatoes and such

thedude 09-29-2006 02:05 PM
Hi, i'm new here and i just need to have some stuff cleared up. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what i know/assume about the tomatoes:
15 years ago Gordon Rosewater wanted to implant memories into children for whatever reason. Some were successful, some not so successful. The not so successful ones disappeared and started the Union. The successful ones start regaining memories and are assassinated by RD. RD tries to assissinate Roger so we can assume he was a successful tomato.

So here's my question: those memories Roger has of Paradigm being destroyed by Bigs O, Fau, and the arial fleet of Duo's, are they just implanted memories?

It would make sense because Gordon tell Roger that everything in Metropolis (the memories) is a lie.

But then, what is meant when Gordon says, "You have to harvest when the time is right." "what a shame to watch your tomatoes ripen all season just to let the rot."?

And finally, back to the beggining of this: why did Gordon want to do this? what did he have to gain?
Nazrael 09-29-2006 04:33 PM
There are two crops of tomatoes. The ones that R.D. killed, and the ones that Gordon first created, the Union.

Who really knows what Gordon's thinking was...Half the time he's completely senile. Perhaps he'd had a dream in which it told him to implant the tomatoes with memories, just as he had one to write Metropolis.
thedude 10-02-2006 10:59 PM
crazy old people. we need to keep off the streets. jk