[Question] The Copper Room - Subforum for a Fanmade Season III

Asirt 09-24-2006 03:41 PM
This thread is to discuss the new subforum called "The Copper Room". This new subforum is for people who are interested in making a fan-made season III of the animated series The Big O. This project right now is in the planning process, but expect the project to go through the actual creation process sometime soon. If you wish to know more about this new project, or would like to be a part of the project, contact R. Daniel Olk 01 by PM, and you'll be granted access to the subforum.
Hobodoken 09-24-2006 03:46 PM
I've been getting the same error today and yesterday.
I had just figured the threads were deleted for some reason or another...
Jim Starluck 09-24-2006 04:11 PM
Same here...
paul1290 09-24-2006 04:25 PM
Yes, I've been having the same problem here too.
X Prime 09-24-2006 04:29 PM
Hmmm... Odd. Same with the same thread.

Maybe the permissions on that forum are wonky right now.
Big Money 09-24-2006 05:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Anyways, good news. The Copper Room, the sub-forum for Season Three Contributors, is now open, and will soon be open for your eyes and your keyboard. Look there for direction on what to draw. Get yer creative juices flowing!

I suspect this.

Could be wrong.
Xel 09-24-2006 06:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Anyways, good news. The Copper Room, the sub-forum for Season Three Contributors, is now open, and will soon be open for your eyes and your keyboard. Look there for direction on what to draw. Get yer creative juices flowing!

I suspect this.

Could be wrong.

You're right.
The Ghost of Ember 09-24-2006 06:21 PM
quote:
quote:

I suspect this.

Could be wrong.

This is correct. I can confirm this 'cause I'm special.

More or less it's a closed forum created using wacky admin powers, and you have to get it manually set to allow you in. Which probably means getting clearance from Omni since it's his project. So move along good citizens, nothing to see here. Don't worry; we won't mock you guys behind your backs... Much.
Travis Bickle 09-24-2006 06:23 PM
There's a hidden sub-forum?
Big Money 09-24-2006 06:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of Ember
quote:
quote:

I suspect this.

Could be wrong.

More or less it's a closed forum created using wacky admin powers, and you have to get it manually set to allow you in. Which probably means getting clearance from Omni since it's his project. So move along good citizens, nothing to see here. Don't worry; we won't mock you guys behind your backs... Much.

Well, you guys have fun. I look forward to seeing the final product.

PS In before D-Boy/Mindrape/SECRET FORUM?!
X Prime 09-24-2006 06:39 PM
Well, as long as those threads dont link or appear... doubt that'll work well though.
evanASF27 09-24-2006 07:31 PM
Remind me why there's a hidden subforum? Confused

There was a subforum in Smith Mansion months ago that I think was going to be something special...but then it kinda just deleted itself. Is this in any relation to that past mystery subforum?
Chitter-Box-Kat 09-24-2006 07:36 PM
The new sub-forum is a special project that's strictly invitation only. You'd have to talk to Omni. I know of it because as The Ghost of Ember said: I'm special. Big Grin
Travis Bickle 09-24-2006 07:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
Remind me why there's a hidden subforum? ?

Because things that can/could have been done on SaveBigO or a seperate forum itself somehow got Krang's approval for a special subfourm that's invite only.

Another one of those big shiny clubs we can't be a part of. I really have no problem with it.
X Prime 09-24-2006 07:54 PM
Eh, it's mildly irritating at best because the 'HEY! This forum has a new post!" light comes on for things you can't see due to how subforums are handled.
Xel 09-24-2006 08:26 PM
quote:

If I may interject, though, surely if the presence of the subforum is going to be something of a minor inconvenience to those not involved-- which it looks like it will be-- it wouldn't be too out of the question to explain a thing or two about it. If we go about it with the attitude of "my sandbox, you can't play in it, nyah," it's only going to breed resentment, which is going to damage the final product.
The Ghost of Ember 09-24-2006 08:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
quote:

If I may interject, though, surely if the presence of the subforum is going to be something of a minor inconvenience to those not involved-- which it looks like it will be-- it wouldn't be too out of the question to explain a thing or two about it. If we go about it with the attitude of "my sandbox, you can't play in it, nyah," it's only going to breed resentment, which is going to damage the final product.

I'm just kidding around. I doubt most would be interested anyways, it's probably just going to mostly be cut and dry production notes and all that other jazz. So far that's all it is and all I personally intend to use it for. I also doubt that Olk would turn down anyone who truly wants to help. Any 'I'm special', is purely cajolery.
Travis Bickle 09-24-2006 08:42 PM
Hopefully, it's just so the noobs can be noobs and keep 'on noobin'. Like bait.

Hopefully...
evanASF27 09-24-2006 08:55 PM
oh come now people, let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...

..I mean... >.> ... let's not start the name-callin just yet.

Could there be like a little "formal" description given about the subforum and a little of what the main goings-on there are about, so someone who might be interested in it can decide whether or not to ask to "join" (or whatever)?
Xel 09-24-2006 08:57 PM
quote:
I'm just kidding around. I doubt most would be interested anyways, it's probably just going to mostly be cut and dry production notes and all that other jazz. So far that's all it is and all I personally intend to use it for. I also doubt that Olk would turn down anyone who truly wants to help. Any 'I'm special', is purely cajolery.

In any case, it would behoove him to consider offering a bit more information, no? The eighty billion posts of "access denied, wtf?" attest to that, don't they? Though there's nothing you or I can really do about that. I would encourage Omni to withdraw a bit of the shroud of mystery surrounding all this.

quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
Could there be like a little "formal" description given about the subforum and a little of what the main goings-on there are about, so someone who might be interested in it can decide whether or not to ask to "join" (or whatever)?

Case in point.

quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
Hopefully, it's just so the noobs can be noobs and keep 'on noobin'. Like bait.

Hopefully...

Elaborate? I mean, all the glib sniping is fine and good, but I'm curious as to what you're, you know, saying.