[Question] The Copper Room - Subforum for a Fanmade Season III

evanASF27 09-26-2006 08:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
quote:
4th in part, which sucked because it turned into some messed up porno.

Yeah, the most important thing for writers is to keep their fanboy/girliness under control. Doesn't matter "how cool it would be." It's gotta fit.

Indeed.

Say, I don't know if I can be much help (seeing as how for at least the next week I'll be extremely busy), but if you need a guy to watch out for continuity between characters from seasonsI & II and the fanseasonIII (basically checkin to see if they're still in-character), I volunteer to help out Smile
(Don't let my insane ideas in the MFL fool you...much... I'm pretty good at it Wink )
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-26-2006 08:22 PM
The more the merrier, as long as you can prove you'll have something unique to add.

Tell me why you think Dorothy finds Roger attractive; tell me what kind of woman you think Dorothy is...

... tell me your understanding of the show's ending. Also, tell me why the writers chose Schwarzwald's and Alan's characters. If you can articulate all that and if it's compelling, then, hell, you belong in the project! Cool
Generalissimo D 09-26-2006 08:28 PM
Heil der Schwarzwher!
evanASF27 09-26-2006 10:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
The more the merrier, as long as you can prove you'll have something unique to add.

Tell me why you think Dorothy finds Roger attractive; tell me what kind of woman you think Dorothy is...

... tell me your understanding of the show's ending. Also, tell me why the writers chose Schwarzwald's and Alan's characters. If you can articulate all that and if it's compelling, then, hell, you belong in the project! Cool

Oh hell yah Big Grin ...grr...if I weren't so busy right now I'd type all that up... curse chapter outlines!!1 Mad
Pygmalion 09-27-2006 05:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ZeroKirbyX
3rd and 4th you say? I must see this.

ACT posted the stories in Nightingale. To save time in searching, here is the link to the first story of season 3:
Act 27: Life Goes On. You'll find a link to the second late in the thread. I believe he did that with the other season 3 stories as well.

Pygmalion
Mattartist 09-27-2006 06:27 PM
Good holy fricken GOOGLEPOPS! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Dude, R. Dan, when you have an idea, you HAVE an IDEA!

Man, this is awesome! (getting confident and a US flag waving behind him) I just hope that with the UNITED forces of Paradigm City Forums, we can actually PULL THIS THING OFF!

DUDE! I think I just wetted.... Confused MY FLOWERS! Shocked

I mean.... THEY NEEDED TO BE WATERED! Pleased

Also, Pygmalion, I may not be an EXPERT on this, but I don't think ACT did any other Windows Media Player representations of his writing, although I must say it is awesome.

ACT is British! Ha, British people rock! And I didn't even have to say APPLE and Beatles references are popping back out of my subconsious mind...

"People subconsiously CREATE these stories, called memories..."

Whoa! Gordon Rosewater? Who the... oh, nevermind.

ROCK ON BIG O! Big Grin WOOT! Wait. What is a woot? Shocked Nevermind.
Generalissimo D 09-28-2006 04:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mattartist
Good holy fricken GOOGLEPOPS! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Dude, R. Dan, when you have an idea, you HAVE an IDEA!

Man, this is awesome! (getting confident and a US flag waving behind him) I just hope that with the UNITED forces of Paradigm City Forums, we can actually PULL THIS THING OFF!

DUDE! I think I just wetted.... Confused MY FLOWERS! Shocked

I mean.... THEY NEEDED TO BE WATERED! Pleased

Also, Pygmalion, I may not be an EXPERT on this, but I don't think ACT did any other Windows Media Player representations of his writing, although I must say it is awesome.

ACT is British! Ha, British people rock! And I didn't even have to say APPLE and Beatles references are popping back out of my subconsious mind...

"People subconsiously CREATE these stories, called memories..."

Whoa! Gordon Rosewater? Who the... oh, nevermind.

ROCK ON BIG O! Big Grin WOOT! Wait. What is a woot? Shocked Nevermind.


ACT is not British. The guy (re: another member) who "animated" it was.
Pygmalion 09-29-2006 08:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mattartist
Also, Pygmalion, I may not be an EXPERT on this, but I don't think ACT did any other Windows Media Player representations of his writing, although I must say it is awesome.

ACT is British! Ha, British people rock! ...

ACT didn't do any animated version of his story; that was Planetkiller, who is from the UK. Here's a link for the curious.

By the way, if you like ACT's stories, feel free to post to their threads. That'll bring them up to the top of Nightingale where everyone can see them. I've taken that liberty with Act 28: Returning to the Dead.

Pygmalion
R. Daniel Olk 01 10-08-2006 09:21 AM
Unfortunosity! Since another contributor and I have had a busy past two weeks we haven't had any time for going online at all. The project will be pushed back two weeks, accordingly. No matter, really. As long as we keep working it's all good.

Zenigata, I await your response. I take it you've had a busy life as well?

I would like to change the criteria ever so slightly:

What do Roger and Dorothy see in each other?
What kind of life does Dorothy want to lead?
What was your interpretation of the final episode?
Why do Schwarzwald and Alan Gabriel exist as main characters?
evanASF27 10-11-2006 12:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Zenigata, I await your response. I take it you've had a busy life as well?

yah pretty much >_< The same sorta thing which prevents me from completing the robot section...one thing leads to another and to another. ugh...

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested.....I'm just busy will 10,000 other things all at once (which includes on one of the several backburners, future contributions to the Robot Features section).
R. Daniel Olk 01 10-15-2006 10:50 PM
Ooh, Robots Section! I wish that were done, too. I want to Bonaparte's description.

Well Zenigata, don't wait too much longer, because:

The scenario-planning phase has ended. The project has entered the episode-planning phase.

Over the course of last year, I've accumulated thirty pages of Word document-files, as well as one of those thin spiral notebooks, filled with ideas. Most of the ideas are just shallow or silly notes. Besides that, it's going to take me a couple days to sift through everything. However, the phase has started nonetheless, so don't let another month pass you by.
David Ryder 10-15-2006 10:52 PM
Hmm. Sounds like you are taking this pretty serious Dan. It's nice to see someone that wants to make a fanmade season 3 and actually go threw with it.
evanASF27 10-15-2006 11:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Ooh, Robots Section! I wish that were done, too. I want to Bonaparte's description.

Well Zenigata, don't wait too much longer, because:

The scenario-planning phase has ended. The project has entered the episode-planning phase.

Over the course of last year, I've accumulated thirty pages of Word document-files, as well as one of those thin spiral notebooks, filled with ideas. Most of the ideas are just shallow or silly notes. Besides that, it's going to take me a couple days to sift through everything. However, the phase has started nonetheless, so don't let another month pass you by.

O.o

...@#$& I need to get my head in the game.
R. Daniel Olk 01 10-17-2006 09:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
Hmm. Sounds like you are taking this pretty serious Dan. It's nice to see someone that wants to make a fanmade season 3 and actually go threw with it.


'preciate it. Big Grin
R. Daniel Olk 01 11-02-2006 03:55 PM
We've got about 8/13 episode scenarios starting to take shape. The Halloween season is a busy time, but not so busy for those that feel dedication.

Scenario-planning ends December 1.
David Ryder 11-02-2006 08:43 PM
Impressive, Very Impressive. Just keep at it.
R. Daniel Olk 01 12-04-2006 12:09 AM
quote:
Impressive, Very Impressive. Just keep at it

Of course. Smile Thanks much for the encouragement.
>-----------------------------------<


Happily-happily, the project is still on-schedule with scenarios. Those are all decided.

I was wrong to assume we could jump right into script-writing. Coming up with a beginning and an end for episodes is one thing... filling in the center is another! Ha, yes, there is a point A and point B, but how to get there...

So instead of the project entering the script-writing phase it will enter the summary-writing phase. A summary, then, is an entire episode minus the characters' actual words.

The experience I've gained from this is very interesting. Scenario, Summary, then Script. Hmm.

I will continue the Summary-writing phase until the new year!

>------------------------------------------<


Summaries for the first three Acts are complete. The summary for the fourth Act is under construction.
Asirt 03-16-2007 04:50 PM
So it's been more than three months now since the last update. How is the project coming along?