Those foreign megadeuses...

The Lexx 09-22-2006 08:35 PM
Is it just me or do other people think that those foreign m4egadeuses that brought the pieces of big fau to paradigm were incredibly tought, tougher than most megadeuses?

I mean, they each took a piledriver hit and kept fighting, they took eye lasers and kept fighting, etc.

They each took more damage than a lot of machines took, like the sea titan or the phanton, and kept going. I think they took more damage than was needed to wreck the original big dou and kept going.

They may have been stupid looking and lacked any sense of style, but they sure seemed to be tough.
Big Money 09-22-2006 08:48 PM
Though they seemed to be made to withstand Big O's attacks, Bonaparte was totally ripped to shreads by Big Fau. I imagine it was either deliberate engineering or just the choice of materials.

Also, Bonaparte is rediculously awesome.
Nazrael 09-22-2006 10:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Lexx
Is it just me or do other people think that those foreign m4egadeuses that brought the pieces of big fau to paradigm were incredibly tought, tougher than most megadeuses?

I mean, they each took a piledriver hit and kept fighting, they took eye lasers and kept fighting, etc.

They each took more damage than a lot of machines took, like the sea titan or the phanton, and kept going. I think they took more damage than was needed to wreck the original big dou and kept going.

They may have been stupid looking and lacked any sense of style, but they sure seemed to be tough.

It probably has more to do with the fact that were three of them, plus Roger was wounded/going insane/yadayada. Compared to other megadei, they certainly were better for fighting. Osrail and Dagon were more of Archetype Megadei than actual Bigs. And I think anything would look good compared to Beck's Victory Deluxe. >_>
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-22-2006 10:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Though they seemed to be made to withstand Big O's attacks, Bonaparte was totally ripped to shreads by Big Fau. I imagine it was either deliberate engineering or just the choice of materials.

Also, Bonaparte is rediculously awesome.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.

First off, HELLZ YEA! Bonaparte is my favorite Megadeus by far.

But second off, let's not write off Bonaparte's toughness. Consider this:

Bonaparte took a Sudden Impact to the face and crashed through a stone wall--without a single dent large enough for the artists to draw.

Bonaparte mixed it up with Big O for a good while, blocking punches, throwing punches.

Bonaparte got peppered in the back by MP Howitzer Units.

Faced with Big Fau, Big O ALSO got ripped to shreds. The first blow shattered Big O's crystal helmet; the second blow knocked Big O right off its feet; the third blow punched straight through the cockpit window.

So... considering how Bonaparte was already very softened up by the fight with Big O and the MP, and how Big O didn't fare much better than Bonaparte, even when Big O was fresh and downy...

Bonaparte is still hard-hatted toughness.
Dharma_Infinity 09-22-2006 10:45 PM
and don't forget those crazy energy blasts from Bonaparte that ripped apart Paradigm dome, that was crazy Cool
The Ghost of Ember 09-22-2006 11:00 PM
quote:
I imagine it was either deliberate engineering or just the choice of materials..

Allow me to put it this way: Bonaparte used its heads as projectile weapons. Deliberate Engineering or any degree of forethought regarding the design is pretty much thrown out the window.
ZeroKirbyX 09-22-2006 11:02 PM
Well, Big Fau freakin melted Bonaparte. I don't care how 'softened up' it was Big O, melting is melting.
Nazrael 09-22-2006 11:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of Ember
quote:
I imagine it was either deliberate engineering or just the choice of materials..

Allow me to put it this way: Bonaparte used its heads as projectile weapons. Deliberate Engineering or any degree of forethought regarding the design is pretty much thrown out the window.

You could say the same thing about the very convenient "I've-Fallen-And-Can't-Get-Up" boosters on Bonnie's back. >_>
Zopwx2 09-22-2006 11:16 PM
Its becuase minus the bigs and becks junk, the foreign ones were brand spakning new and designed for pwnage.
Robot7290 09-23-2006 01:05 AM
If the foreign megadei's initial purpose was to TRANSPORT the pieces of Big Fau, then they're "skin" would most likely be extremely thick. Also, they didn't seem to have very many movable parts, and many of them were somewhat slower moving than Big O (surprise there), but with little weaponry (one weapon for each, if I'm remembering correctly), yeah I believe they were thick for transportation purposes.
Dangerous 09-23-2006 05:10 AM
Were those foreign megadeuses piloted by foreigners, or were they automatic ?
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-23-2006 10:10 AM
quote:
Were those foreign megadeuses piloted by foreigners, or were they automatic ?

They must've all been fully automated. You know Bonaparte is automated because Roger calls it "a machine that hasn't got a soul," or in other words, a Megadeus without a Dominus.

Also, I have a feeling that if Bonaparte had been piloted instead of automated, it wouldn't have waved its feet in the air like a retarded, capsized beetle. I bet that with better programming, Bonaparte wouldn't have needed its boosters (except during combat when it might want a little extra oomph).