Nazrael 09-22-2006 06:15 PM
I have a couple.

Roger:

"Men who do nothing but dream should just stay in their dreams forever!"

"If I'm cut, I bleed. I have many faults."

Schwarzwald:

"Wake up! Don't be afraid of knowledge!"

"Michael Seebach is dead! Go and tell that to your masters!"

*to Alan* "You! You posess the foolishness of both man and machine! It chooses one who who wields the power of God created by man, one who is able to come to one truth. That's not the case with you!"

Alex:

*to Military police* "Oh? You want to see what happens to watchdogs that bare their teeth at their master? This world has a new order...It has a new God!"

"People don't want a world where Gods fight amongst each other! One God is enough!"

"I'm going to send you and that giant coffin to the bottom of the sea!
Dharma_Infinity 09-22-2006 08:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
*to Alan* "You! You posess the foolishness of both man and machine! It chooses one who who wields the power of God created by man, one who is able to come to one truth. That's not the case with you!"

That's one of my favorites

Schwarzwald ~ Truth. Those who seek it out unknowingly become obsessed with this grand illusion that they're able control this world. This tiny world.

The incomplete book of Gordon Rosewater written in his younger days depicts the final days of humanity. And the foolish humans who used the power of God.

From Metropolis ~ The power of God, created by man. Divine thunder raining down from the heavens.

Roger ~ People are not ruled by their memories!

Datsun ~ This city is like a stage. And we're actors who've been placed on that stage. Actors who aren't even told what the plot is or what's going to happen next.

and this one always made me smile ~

Alex (in really whiny voice, to Roger): This is MY big! This is MY dome! *grabs chair* I won't let you interfere with me! Tongue
Jixie 09-22-2006 09:05 PM
Ohhh, I like this topic. There are so many awesome quotes, and so many awful quotes in Big O. My favorites include:

Roger: Oh heck, his entire introduction narrative is a classic.

Dorothy: "Why do men say those things?" (Call from the Past)

Alex: "Are your values so narrow-minded, Roger Smith, that the gigantic Big O makes you feel... justified? And with that you're so cavalier, you run wild and destroy! Oh, that must feel good!" (Leviathan)

Scwarzwald: "In the words of Schwarzwald, who is closest to the truth, imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names." (Also from Leviathan!)

The ones always make me laugh:

Alan (to Scwarzwald): "SHUT UP!" (The Big Fight)

Dastun: "But you cant... be me!" (The War of Paradigm City)

There are more but I need to watch the series again (weekend project. yes.).

~J
Big Money 09-22-2006 09:22 PM
"SONS OF BITCHES!" -- Norman, Twisted Memories
Buck Buck #1 09-22-2006 09:51 PM
Roger- "This is no ordinary facility." Electric City
Nazrael 09-22-2006 10:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jixie

Fitting final words for such a "snickery cyborg".

Some more:

Dorothy:
(Don't know how I forgot this one) "You are, such a louse, Roger Smith."

"I will always have this same body, and this same heart."

R.F. O'Reilly: "You're a work of art."

Dorothy: "And what are you?"

Dastun:

O'Reilly: "I'm told you take a hands-on approach. Does the fact that you can't leave things to your men mean that you can't trust them?"

Dastun: "They're a bunch of slackers alright! But everyone here puts their life on the line to protect the city! Both inside, and outside the domes!"

Not really a quote, but I really like how in some scenes Big O is given its own personality. You can see that it has an affection for Dorothy, like in Act 23 while Norman fights the robots, Dorothy hides in Big O. When she leaves, Big O activates and later crushes the few robots that reach her.
Jixie 09-22-2006 11:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
"SONS OF BITCHES!" -- Norman, Twisted Memories

How could I forget that one!? It's one of the best lines, the way Norman delivers it...! Shocked

Roger: "I recognize those curves." (Electric City)

And of course, Dorothy's classics: "You're a louse, Roger Smith." and "Your sense of fashion really reeks." (Dorothy, Dorothy), as well as "So, it's for someone who has very lousy taste." (Daemonseed)

...except to be honest, her best lines are when she says nothing. The looks she gives Roger when he's said something stupid, the one she gives Angel when he comes to rescue her after being shot.

There are some other lines that I like but aren't quite favorite status. Schwarzwalds "est ist showzeit!", in the Japanese version, is nifty. Alan's "I'm the Booooooogey man!" is pretty hysterical. Big Ear has a line in Bring Back My Ghost that really hit a chord with me... it eludes to some of the things going on with Paradigm City, subtler and more poignant than anything Gordan says, before the old man even shows up. "One of these days you'll really listen to what I have to tell and ignore the words you only want to hear -- We old folks need to teach you youngster that the sun will never rise over this city again, am I not right, Roger?"

quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
quote:
Originally posted by Jixie

Fitting final words for such a "snickery cyborg".

It's possibly the best advice anyone's ever given Crispy. Big Grin

~J

(with thanks to Ember, for having memorized the entire stinkin' series.)
SpookyElectric 09-23-2006 01:13 AM
So many good ones. One exchange that always stuck out for me was:

"Who commands you, Roger Smith?"
"No one commands me."
"Then why do you pilot it?"

Of course, "You are such a louse, Roger Smith." Big Grin

And obviously Norman's legendary quote.
Revan 09-23-2006 05:26 AM
Schwarzwald: "I can picture the look on your face, Roger Smith...but I'm saving the ultimate attack for the main stage!"
(Act 12)

And possibly the best one ever:

Ship Builder Guy: "She's a two seater- Have yourselves a good time!" Big Grin
(Act 7)
Nine Kuze 09-25-2006 11:48 AM
- "A bird whose wings have been plucked, will shed all its feathers and return to the beast it was before it evolved into a bird." - Roger Smith.

- The last thing Schwarzwald said in "The War on Paradigm City". It escapes me for the moment.

- "The world destroyed by a catalysm, giant robots running amok, and the power of the creator, YIELDED by the hand of man." - Gordon Rosewater.

- "You're weak, Roger Smith. When its all said and done, you're nothing but a negoiator!" - Alex Rosewater.

- "There are laws! Roger's Law!" - Roger Smith.

- "Why do you insist on embarrasing yourself?!"
"I'll show you my power! The great power of Big Duo! One of these Bigs has got to go... BIG DUO, IT'S NOW SHOWTIME!" - Schwarzwald.

That was fun and that's all I got at the moment.
Peace.
Delirious 09-26-2006 10:13 PM
Angel:

"All I did was turn the power back on!" ~~ Electric City

(I was thinking, "Duh, you twit!! It was off for a reason!! lol)

I can't think of anymore right now.
Valdoom 09-27-2006 03:28 PM
I don't own the series so I can't check accual quotes. Rodger says "Big O in action!", Shwartzwald says Big Duo "it's Showtime!", but does anyone know what Alex says when he gets in Big Fau? It would also be interesting to know what Alan says when he activates Big Duo Inferno, but that isn't in the show...O well
Nine Kuze 09-27-2006 03:35 PM
Rosewater says the same thing Roger and Schwarzwald do as well.

"Big (fill in blank)! It's Showtime/Action!"
Peace.
Valdoom 09-27-2006 03:39 PM
odd I thought he said something just a tad different...I knew it was similar...thanks though
Nazrael 09-27-2006 03:47 PM
Schwarzwald's is the only unique one. Tongue

Instead of saying "Showtime!" he says "Big Duo, it is now, Showtime!" Pleased

Alex only says "Big Fau, Action!" and he said "Showtime!" at the end of Act 25.
minespatch 09-27-2006 06:55 PM
alan: "soon... we will have our showtime."
theslinkybandita 10-04-2006 03:30 AM
"it's okay for a person to sleep past noon sometimes. that's what it means to be truly free."-Roger Smith, after Dorothy wakes him up as par tradition
Revan 10-04-2006 11:40 AM
Big Ear: "It's pretty unusual for you to bring a woman here, negotiator..."

Another classic Tongue