Baby Bang experiment could open door to new dimension

NVWC2006 09-22-2006 07:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
Scientists in the Manhattan Project were worried that the nuclear bomb would ignite the atmosphere of the Earth with its energy in an uncontrolable run-away reaction.

I thought of that as soon as I read the title of this topic. I did a Manhattan Project powerpoint during my junior year of high school.

quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
Particle Accelerators are my favorite tool of science because they represent how far some are willing to go to seek knowledge just for the sake of learning. We live in an age where we only seek knowledge that is of practical use to us and we are slowly losing our curiosity about the universe around us. Hopefully this project will remind people of how important the quest for knowledge really is.

It is the natural human trait to be curious and explore. It'd one of those things we were made to do, besides have children and kill each other for stealing our stuff/land/spouses/whatever. We sailed over the ocean, and dove right in it. We're sending rovers into Mars. This is another step on that process and I am supportive of it, because I believe we SHOULD try to figure out how our universe works, and what it is made of.

This is exciting. It would be very cool to discover more dimensions besides the three/four (i like to count time as a dimension) in our universe. or parallel universes.

i'm a little sadistic, one reason it'd be fun to find new universes is that people insecure in their religiousness or too set on some idea would freak out. i'd laugh.... but that's not the point here.

the point is that soon, A Wrinkle in Time may be true story...
Generalissimo D 09-22-2006 07:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
Scientists in the Manhattan Project were worried that the nuclear bomb would ignite the atmosphere of the Earth with its energy in an uncontrolable run-away reaction.

I thought of that as soon as I read the title of this topic. I did a Manhattan Project powerpoint during my junior year of high school.

However, I may point out that the bomb was a necessary evil (and it was atomic, btw) to end the war.

This is being done for the f*** of it.
Sharpshooter005 09-23-2006 03:20 PM
quote:
This is being done for the f*** of it

...What about a cannon which can fire an artillery shell between dimensions. I don't understand how that'd be practical but its an idea at least.
Hobodoken 09-23-2006 05:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

...What about a cannon which can fire an artillery shell between dimensions. I don't understand how that'd be practical but its an idea at least.

Taking that a step further, how about they find a way to cause the ammunition to slip back into our dimension after a time.

As in, the cannon fires, ammo dissapears, then re-appears later right next to target.

Blammo.
NVWC2006 09-23-2006 08:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

Taking that a step further, how about they find a way to cause the ammunition to slip back into our dimension after a time.

As in, the cannon fires, ammo dissapears, then re-appears later right next to target.

Blammo.

why have it appear there, when you can simply create a 40 km radius temporary singularity that crushes anything in it's viscinity?