The Most Metal Discussion on PCF

Naraku 01-12-2007 08:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
In short Nu Metal sucks.

I agree with that. A lot of mainstream metal bands do Nu Metal which just f***ing blows; and bands like Slipknot, they are just a bunch of sell outs. Nu Metal is not even worthy of having metal in the genre's name.

The type of metal I like most is Groove Metal. Bands like Pantera, Machine Head, Pro-Pain, and Sepultra. I also like bands that were just Heavy Metal like Black Sabbath and Judas Priest, the ones that actually started metal. I think they did some good songs. Most other genres of metal don't really appeal to me, its rare for them to be more than just ok.
Buck Buck #1 03-01-2007 08:19 PM
I might be seeing Dragon Force this Wednesday, but i might not be able to get a ticket in time, which is what happened last time they came to Atlanta.
seraphjei 03-04-2007 07:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Buck Buck #1
I might be seeing Dragon Force this Wednesday, but i might not be able to get a ticket in time, which is what happened last time they came to Atlanta.

When I first listened to Dragon Force I couldn't believe my ears. I was amazed. These guys are faster than John Petrucci...no? Well after a while it gets boring. Hundreds of sweeps and arpeggios makes for a dull song after you listen to it enough times. But still, the sheer speed is amazing. Power metal is impressive, i'll admit.
Volt 03-05-2007 11:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
quote:
Originally posted by Buck Buck #1

When I first listened to Dragon Force I couldn't believe my ears. I was amazed. These guys are faster than John Petrucci...no? Well after a while it gets boring. Hundreds of sweeps and arpeggios makes for a dull song after you listen to it enough times. But still, the sheer speed is amazing. Power metal is impressive, i'll admit.

I agree; it's impressive but really in terms of listening value pretty mundane. Plus their singer's voice bugs the hell out of me.