The Most Metal Discussion on PCF

spiked-knives 11-20-2006 01:30 PM
You make me feel terrible for liking them. lmao, I can agree with all of that, i'm not to sure why I have a weak spot for them -_-

Just out of curiousity has anyone here checked out the Slayer tribute, Slatanic Slaughter. A bunch of death metal bands put it out some years ago, from what I heard from it, it sounded pretty good. ANyone actually own it though?

Yea, Mayhem kinda dropped it all, it's their a diet version of their former awesome, kinda blows really.

one more thing, have you tried the melodic black metal band Gravedigger? I haven't and wanted an oppinion before i checked them out.

VLADMIRES ROCK!
David Ryder 11-20-2006 02:40 PM
quote:
You make me feel terrible for liking them. lmao, I can agree with all of that, i'm not to sure why I have a weak spot for them -_-

hehe no worries, we all like different bands, I'm just tired of all the hype Abigail Williams is gettings, I'd say they are on the same level of hype as Trivium. It just seems the metal media (mainstream) is making a huge deal about them. Hell I'm sure people would kill me if they knew I liked Hed (Pe), only in amerika is a amazing album.

quote:
Anyone actually own it though?

I had no idea a Slayer tribute album was released, I got check it out.

quote:
one more thing, have you tried the melodic black metal band Gravedigger? I haven't and wanted an oppinion before i checked them out.

I haven't, but I should give them a shot. loves the Black Metal.
spiked-knives 11-27-2006 08:24 AM
trivium? for real? I don't know, maybe where you live. Around here I could walk up to any hot topic template and they'll about Trivium, walk about to them about AW, they'll have no clue, no lie. I will say the band does seem to have an arrogance about them though. I mean their from f***ing Arizona, and they release their EP in the UK only. wtf? sorreh, know you don't care about that, but still, what band would do that? it's odd.

SO why are we the only metalheads on this thread? they should be flocking here damnit.

new rule of thread, though i didn't create it. When you get a new album or into a new a band, make it known? we can make it similar to the metalhead thread on the asmbs, just with less dicks. is that cool with you?
David Ryder 11-27-2006 11:50 PM
The thing with Trivium is, I for the life of me can't figures these guys out. They don't play anything new i.e Gothenburg Metal, and it's hailed as something earth shattering. Heck even long time legends In Flames and Soilwork, have switched from gothenburg to Alt. Metal/Nu Metal. I just hope this metalcore fad dies out soon, then again people have called it the new Nu Metal, and well they are right.

Sure, why not. Feel free to discuss a band or album you are taken with as of late. Also I'm surprised we are about the only metalheads.
spiked-knives 11-29-2006 08:24 AM
So I checked out a new band last night, got their EP, they go by the name of Requiem Aeternam, their a bit fringy with their guitarist, I like it. Though their vocalist sounds quite a bit like the frontman from System of a Down when he is singing softly, which really is not that bad, overall their worth checking out, though I see a lot of people disliking them, their a bit different with their guitar work.

I will admit In Flames' album Soundtrack to Your Escape had a bit of a nu-metal feel to it, other than that one album I think they've stayed away from it. As far as STYE goes, I think they were just experimenting with the sound of the genre, sense I really don't think it was that big over in Europe.
David Ryder 11-29-2006 11:20 PM
Yeah, Come Clairity was a bit of a return to their root, but you could still tell there where traces of Nu and Alt. Metal but it had a better recpetion.

As for System of a Down. While I'm no fan, I do hate when people call them Nu Metal. I have never once heard a single shread of anything Nu Metal about them def. Alt. Metal. Their riffs have a strong thrash sound to them, and not to mention the guitar solo's, something Nu Metal never uses.
Buck Buck #1 12-05-2006 06:41 PM
I gonna see Gwar for the third time tomorrow night, it should be a pretty kickass show. This time they have Red Chord and Municipal Waste opening for them. I don't know anything about those two, but even if they suck it will still be fun.
spiked-knives 12-06-2006 02:01 PM
I have heard light guitar solos in their music, though nothing amazing, but it wasn't bad either. I know SOAD and solos sound weird together, but the solo was light.

Went back to the record store the other day and picked up Arch Enemy's first album, wasn't bad at all, more close to death metal really, as apposed to their normal gothenburg sound. pretty good stuff. next time i go i'm going to check out some Gorgoroth and Rotting Christ, possibly Mayhem's first album is calling, tis the season, ^_^ ya know?

anywho Ryder, heard anything good lately?
David Ryder 12-07-2006 12:57 AM
quote:
Red Chord

I haven't heard any of their songs but, They Red Chord is Deathcore (Death Metal and Hardcore Punk, put together). Although alot of people love their first album, I haven't heard much good about their second.

quote:
Municipal Waste

Municipal Waste is a Crossover Thrash Band (Hardcore Punk with a heavy thrash metal sound, or Old School Metalcore).

quote:
Gorgoroth and Rotting Christ

Yes! Gorgoroth is amazing and very nationalistic (the lyrics Pride and Race, come to mind) and Rotting Christ is always awesome. As for Mayhem, yeah they are good, but as of late they have gotten very very lame, Vegan Black Metal?! no thanks.
spiked-knives 12-14-2006 01:47 PM
so metal head thread, lets go to the taboos of our mind and talk about our guilty pleasures of metal. come now, our tastes are not that supreme are they? no. DISCUSS. we can say why we like the pleasure though, and someone just says why it sucks. easy, no?

as for mine....cradle of filth, I feel guilty sense their considered typical black metal, but seriously, They had some amazing albums back in the 90's, and even the vocals were good back in the day, I mean it seems no one even gives the band credit for those albums.

then of course theres the standard guilty pleasures like, Heartwork and Slaughter of the Soul. Well guys fess up.....someone else go........
David Ryder 12-17-2006 12:29 AM
My guilty pleasure is Samael's new release. Ever Eternal, they have gotten a huge load of crap because they dropped the whole Klvt Black Metal image, and have change to a more Industrial Metal band. They also changed their lyrics from "Yay Satan!" to subjects such as the universe, and discovery. They still rock in my book.
spiked-knives 12-18-2006 12:16 AM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
My guilty pleasure is Samael's new release. Ever Eternal, they have gotten a huge load of crap because they dropped the whole Klvt Black Metal image, and have change to a more Industrial Metal band. They also changed their lyrics from "Yay Satan!" to subjects such as the universe, and discovery. They still rock in my book.

i've noticed a lot of black metal bands like to experiment with the industrial/dark wave scene, i personally enjoy the trend, they do some creative stuff with it.

have you by chance seen, or possibly heard "Christmas songs: Black Metal Edition?"
David Ryder 12-18-2006 02:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by spiked-knives
quote:

i've noticed a lot of black metal bands like to experiment with the industrial/dark wave scene, i personally enjoy the trend, they do some creative stuff with it.

have you by chance seen, or possibly heard "Christmas songs: Black Metal Edition?"

Haha, I'd love to hear the Black Metal Chrismas songs. Yeah I enjoy the expirmintation that black metal bands do.
spiked-knives 12-18-2006 06:23 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by spiked-knives
quote:

Haha, I'd love to hear the Black Metal Chrismas songs. Yeah I enjoy the expirmintation that black metal bands do.

i've been looking for it, but it's hard to find, i found a link to the track list on the asmbs, but thats it. -__________________-
Sharpshooter005 12-24-2006 12:18 AM
Awaken, Awaken Mustakrakish

The lake troooooll
spiked-knives 12-25-2006 11:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Awaken, Awaken Mustakrakish

The lake troooooll

yea hea, way to bring some dethklok in. awesome band, would be way cool if they were real
Sharpshooter005 12-25-2006 11:51 AM
Apparently the show was so well recieved that theres going to be a soundtrack album put out with full versions of all the songs.

(Seriously, watching that show is the closest I've ever been to actually listening to metal)
David Ryder 12-26-2006 06:05 PM
Damn right. Metalocalypse is pretty much the best thing on TV these days, and a second season is nice as well. Gotta pick up the album as well.
Volt 01-04-2007 02:19 AM
"This song is called Mermaid Er. It's about mermaid murder."
MERMAIDERMERMAIDERMERMAIDER

I love that show. And fish metal --- Why isn't it already a real genre?
spiked-knives 01-05-2007 01:15 PM
ELECTRIC.....EELCHAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!