Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor

Asirt 09-18-2006 11:21 PM

A new kind of ultra-violence!

Summary [Provided by Anime News Network] -

Sho Fukamachi, a normal teenager accidentally found an alien object called Unit and thus, changed his life forever. The Unit bonded with Sho, resulting a powerful fighting lifeform called Guyver. With this great power, Sho battled the mysterious Chronos and it's Zoanoids, in order to protect his friends and his world. Unknown to Sho, the battle against Chronos will lead to the discovery of the origins of human, their destiny, and the Creators....

Current Info -

The classic tale of Guyver makes a comeback! Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor is a new animated series that was released in 2005. ADV Films is now bringing the series over to the US and will make its debut on the Anime Network this October. The first volume arrives in November. The series will have 26 episodes total.

Other -

Even though this thread is for the new animated series, you may talk about the original OVA series, the manga, or the live action adaptions if you wish, as there is no thread on Guyver.

OP's Opinion -

Someone I knew in college told me about the original OVA series. He was quite a hardcore fan of Guyver. He showed me some of the Guyver's attacks, and told me more about the series. I took interest in it, but never thought about it again until news of the new series came out.

Home of the Guyver -

ADV Films' Guyver Home Page
Japanese home page for Guyver

The Legend That Started It All -

ANN's Guyver OVA info page
ANN's Guyver manga info page