The domes?

The Lexx 09-18-2006 04:17 AM
It seems to me like everything and it's dog wanted to destroy the domes thruout the series. In it's first appearance big duo, after being trashed and without Schwarzwald, makes a final effort to reach out towards the done as it to destroy it.

Thruout the series it seems that nearly everything wanted to take down the domes, even big fau when he glitched during is first run fired into the domes wildly.

And, the last episode, what happens? Big O's final stage cannon just aboput obliterates the domes, big o's final act.

Was there some subtle theme about destroying the domes or am I just misreading things?
Dharma_Infinity 09-18-2006 04:45 AM
I dunoo about Big Duo, probably just a Big going weird without Schwarzwald.

And as for Big Fau glitching, that was just Big Fau glitching I think. I don't know why exactly he went off shooting and trashing the Paradigm dome like that, but it certainly seems like it's connected.

And in the finale, Big O's Final Stage pretty much obliterated the main Paradigm dome, yeah.

I don't think there's anything to destroying the domes, except when Alex Rosewater wanted to remake the world *coughcrazycough*
Nazrael 09-18-2006 05:14 AM
Actually, Paradigm Dome is really the only dome that's been targeted. This could represent the bigs trying to destroy corruption. Bonaparte tried, but was ultimately beaten by that corruption (Big Fau). Big Fau was completely innocent at that time, and since it did not have a core memory to judge Alex by, it merely assumed that he was guilty. Rather than killing him, Fau tried to destroy what he was allied with. After meeting with Big O, I'm guessing that Fau basically stood down.

Big O's Final Stage represents how Roger has overcome the corruption that has ruled the people, but even then corruption still survived.
ZeroKirbyX 09-18-2006 08:37 AM
I always thought that Big Duo was reaching towards the Paradigm HQ, sharing Schwarzwald's contempt for Rosewater and the entire city.

About Big Fau, I just think it was a malfunction and fired almost in a firghtened/panicked state. This was the first time it had really been activated in at least 40 years. WIthout the core memory I think it was almost like a child.
Nine Kuze 09-18-2006 12:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Lexx
It seems to me like everything and it's dog wanted to destroy the domes thruout the series. In it's first appearance big duo, after being trashed and without Schwarzwald, makes a final effort to reach out towards the done as it to destroy it.

This is false. There were hardly any dogs present in Paradigm City.

Pets are rare commodities, don't you know?
Peace.
Valdoom 09-18-2006 03:12 PM
I'm going to have to agree that they only targeted Paradigm dome and it's deranged occupants.(Alex, Alan) In one of the acts, the christmas one, the santa guy targeted Paradigm Dome, so it's not just the Megaduses.
The Lexx 09-19-2006 04:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Valdoom
I'm going to have to agree that they only targeted Paradigm dome and it's deranged occupants.(Alex, Alan) In one of the acts, the christmas one, the santa guy targeted Paradigm Dome, so it's not just the Megaduses.

Yes, like I said damn near everything and it's dog seemed to have a real jones for busting the paradigm dome, and in the end it was the last major act to happen before the apparent "reset".

Maybe one of the parameters for paradigm city is "How long does it take before the dome gets trashed?"