alans' hand

minespatch 09-16-2006 08:21 PM
in one hand, it seems human. the other, is machine. why exactly have one hand looking human?
Valdoom 09-16-2006 08:24 PM
It looks cooler...
And he can't be a perfect human or robot or cyborg, in order to be the BOOOOGGGEEEYYY MAN.
Nazrael 09-16-2006 08:28 PM
Perhaps Alan stills likes to feel his victims, and he can't do so with his mechanical hand.

Also, I doubt his gold rings would fit on his robot hand. >_>
Big Money 09-16-2006 08:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
in one hand, it seems human. the other, is machine. why exactly have one hand looking human?

... He's a cyborg?

I guess what I mean is he isn't totally robotic... And its stylish the way it is now.
Shadow dorothy 09-16-2006 09:00 PM
Cause he's kinda crazy and half human. Confused At least I think that makes sence.
SpookyElectric 09-16-2006 10:17 PM
You know, I actually only noticed this today when I watched a part of Act 24 again. I never realized it until then. But yeah, I suppose it is to better illustrate how he is a cross between robot and human.
Nine Kuze 09-18-2006 12:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch

Because girls like the robotic hand for some reason or another?
Peace.
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-18-2006 10:42 PM
Alex outright calls Alan "that sniggering cyborg," and that Alan refers to himself as not being "completely human," inferring that he still partly is. Also, Alan bleeds.

I thought the writers made it pretty clear...

Isn't he just so much more twisted when you learn he's willing to trade in parts of his body, just to be able to draw better performance and utility from them? And those rings, they make him more cultured and sophisticated, ratcheting up the crawlies on your spine yet again...
ZeroKirbyX 09-18-2006 11:30 PM
He's like that rich neighbor boy every gal wants but doesn't want him for dinner because they don't wanna give him a steak knife.
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-19-2006 08:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by ZeroKirbyX
He's like that rich neighbor boy every gal wants but doesn't want him for dinner because they don't wanna give him a steak knife.

Laughing Well not EVERYONE wants him... just the slobbering, slavering Alan fan-girls. Plus the fan-boys don't want him, 'cept meybe to BE more like him...
Valdoom 09-19-2006 03:36 PM
Alan very directally said that he was neither Robot nor Human nor Cyborg... "I'm the booooooogeyman!"
minespatch 09-19-2006 10:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
quote:
Originally posted by ZeroKirbyX

Laughing Well not EVERYONE wants him... just the slobbering, slavering Alan fan-girls. Plus the fan-boys don't want him, 'cept meybe to BE more like him...

somehow i would like to be just like alan, because i have this bloodlust whenever i'm agrivated by my fellow peers in school.
Lexx 09-20-2006 11:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01

uh-huh Big Grin
Alan is two faced.
On one side he can be loyal and sophisticated,
and on the other side he can be psychotic and sadistic.
but that's why we love him.
Well, most of us anyway.
haha.
Big Grin
Dharma_Infinity 09-21-2006 05:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatchsomehow i would like to be just like alan, because i have this bloodlust whenever i'm agrivated by my fellow peers in school.

oh yes...I can feel it coming on now.... *goes on rampage killing 3 freshman and laughs manically*
Valdoom 09-21-2006 03:17 PM
I'm begining to think fresh men hazing is still intact...
Wazpy 09-21-2006 05:43 PM
I've always been more curious about his eyes... does he have eyes?
Lexx 09-21-2006 05:58 PM
not sure if he has eyes, but he does hav like an optic sense or watever you call it. like in act 21, he shielded his 'eyes' when the headlights of the military car were shining on him.
so idk if he has eyes.
but thats another kool thing about him
Big Grin
paul1290 09-21-2006 08:22 PM
I think his vision must have been enhanced in some way. Otherwise I don't think he would be able to see very well through the blindfold at night.
minespatch 09-23-2006 12:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dharma_Infinity
quote:
Originally posted by minespatchsomehow i would like to be just like alan, because i have this bloodlust whenever i'm agrivated by my fellow peers in school.

oh yes...I can feel it coming on now.... *goes on rampage killing 3 freshman and laughs manically*

laughing out loud... spasticly.
theslinkybandita 10-04-2006 01:40 PM
and also, alex rosewater at one point specifically says that alan gabriel is a new kind of being, with both human and cybernetic parts. i can't remember what act it is in, but it's near the end of the 2nd season.