Arm cannon?

The Lexx 09-15-2006 08:59 PM
Just out of curiousity, did Big O have the massive cannon mounted in just one arm or both? He used it a couple times, like on Beck's parody mecha, big duo inferno and on Glenda, but I think in each case it was fired from the same arm.

Did he have it in both arms or not?
Valdoom 09-15-2006 09:03 PM
I thought it was both...he only used one at a time either way...


here is him using the right arm...now someone needs to go find a pic of the left arm in use.
Jixie 09-15-2006 10:47 PM
Does anyone know the name of that attack? I think it's O Thunder, but not 100% sure. If you where describing it in a fic, how would you describe the gun/mechanics?

Thanks!
SpookyElectric 09-15-2006 10:50 PM
I'm 99% certain it is on the other arm as well because I believe Roger tries to use them both in one case, but the right arm won't operate because Alan damaged it with Big Duo.

On another note, I love the pink smoke ring that comes out of it after it's done firing.
Dharma_Infinity 09-15-2006 10:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jixie
If you where describing it in a fic, how would you describe the gun/mechanics?

I'd say it blasts the living hell outta everything in its path, that cannon is nuts. I believe that they were mounted on both arms, although I've never seen them both used at the same time.
evanASF27 09-15-2006 11:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Valdoom
...now someone needs to go find a pic of the left arm in use.

Nazrael 09-15-2006 11:03 PM
I doubt Big O could keep its balance with both of them being used.
SpookyElectric 09-15-2006 11:06 PM
Yeah Roger tried to use them both at the same time somewhere between Act 24 and 26 but the right arm was damaged from Alan's attack. It would have been crazy to see them both in action at once.
Dharma_Infinity 09-15-2006 11:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
I doubt Big O could keep its balance with both of them being used.

Yeah, that's a good point. They must cause some recoil, even for something the size of Big O. Still, they're my personal favorite Big O weapon...
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-16-2006 12:22 PM
Yeah, 'tis O Thunder.

Roger never tried using both arms at once, though...

I have an explanation for how O Thunder works! But it's rather theoretical and would start a big half-baked debate, so it'd probably be pointless.

quote:
I doubt Big O could keep its balance with both of them being used

If Roger deployed hip anchors to the rear it wouldn't be a problem.

quote:
Yeah, that's a good point. They must cause some recoil

Hmm, I dunno about recoil, but I DO know that Big O's forearms are friggin' gigantic, and that having both of them in front of Big O would probably topple Big O or put WAY too much stress on the upper arms.
Dharma_Infinity 09-16-2006 12:56 PM
You know what would be crazy? A Sudden Impact/O Thunder combo. Fire the impact pistons to soften your enemy up, then open fire with the cannon. Bam. Extra crispy right there.
SpookyElectric 09-16-2006 01:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Roger never tried using both arms at once, though...


Maybe I was wrong, I just looked and found what I was thinking of in Act 24, it's possible he tried it, either way it didn't work though. He raises the left arm into position, what I thought looked like the position to get the cannon out, and then tries to do the same with the control for the right arm in the cockpit, and looks all surprised when it won't move, and we cut to outside and see the right one sparking and such. But he may have been doing something else.
Nazrael 09-16-2006 01:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dharma_Infinity
You know what would be crazy? A Sudden Impact/O Thunder combo. Fire the impact pistons to soften your enemy up, then open fire with the cannon. Bam. Extra crispy right there.


That's pretty much what he did in Act 15 with Glinda. Roger pulls back for a sudden impact, and without him knowing the O Thunder control pops up. He throws the control and fires. The sudden impact breaks Glinda's sword, and knocks her down. Then the O Thuner takes care of her.
Inigo Montoya 09-16-2006 01:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Yeah, 'tis O Thunder.

Roger never tried using both arms at once, though...

I have an explanation for how O Thunder works! But it's rather theoretical and would start a big half-baked debate, so it'd probably be pointless.

quote:
I doubt Big O could keep its balance with both of them being used

If Roger deployed hip anchors to the rear it wouldn't be a problem.

quote:
Yeah, that's a good point. They must cause some recoil

Hmm, I dunno about recoil, but I DO know that Big O's forearms are friggin' gigantic, and that having both of them in front of Big O would probably topple Big O or put WAY too much stress on the upper arms.


Actually, wouldn't he have to deploy his FRONT hip anchors to protect from the recoil? And the side ones would help for stability. Deploying the rear anchors would just be silly.
Dharma_Infinity 09-16-2006 01:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
That's pretty much what he did in Act 15 with Glinda. Roger pulls back for a sudden impact, and without him knowing the O Thunder control pops up. He throws the control and fires. The sudden impact breaks Glinda's sword, and knocks her down. Then the O Thuner takes care of her.

Yeah, I remember that, but I mean like both at the same time. Like you use the Sudden Impact in the enemy's chest and then you go directly into O Thunder mode while O's fist is still in the chest, blasting a hole right thru it. Owchies.
Nazrael 09-16-2006 02:08 PM
I think the only instance Roger could've done both, was in Act 26 when Big O fired all of its missiles and gun batteries at the shielded Big Fau. Two of his hip anchors were attached to the ground in front of him. It probably would've given a much better effect of hopelessness if the creators had him do that, along with the missiles/batteries.
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-16-2006 05:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Dungeonmaster
Actually, wouldn't he have to deploy his FRONT hip anchors to protect from the recoil? And the side ones would help for stability. Deploying the rear anchors would just be silly.


No I don't think recoil is a problem. O Thunder isn't an earth-carving blast like Final Stage is, so as an energy weapon I don't think recoil is that pertinent.

What comes to my mind is simply the weight of O's massive forearms. That could explain why, whenever Big O puts one arm forward, it thrusts the other one to the rear (besides it just being a dramatic pose).


But either way, by using anchors, Roger can solve this kind of problem.
Nazrael 09-16-2006 06:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
quote:
Originally posted by The Dungeonmaster
Actually, wouldn't he have to deploy his FRONT hip anchors to protect from the recoil? And the side ones would help for stability. Deploying the rear anchors would just be silly.


No I don't think recoil is a problem. O Thunder isn't an earth-carving blast like Final Stage is, so as an energy weapon I don't think recoil is that pertinent.

What comes to my mind is simply the weight of O's massive forearms. That could explain why, whenever Big O puts one arm forward, it thrusts the other one to the rear (besides it just being a dramatic pose).


But either way, by using anchors, Roger can solve this kind of problem.


Final Stage had a massive recoil. There was some sort of explosion behind Big O, this knocked it back a bit. The hip chains kept it in place.

O Thunder probably didn't have enough recoil that Big O would need its chains.
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-16-2006 07:40 PM
Oooooookay, but there's still that problem of how heavy Big O's forearms are. Tongue
Nazrael 09-16-2006 08:08 PM
Big O uses the weight to its advantage. With every step it takes, it swings its arms. That way it moves very swiftly without being weighed down by the pistons.

When O Thunder is activated, it has one arm bent at the elbow behind it, and its knees are bent. Big O could not do this in the Act 24 fight, so it used a building as a crutch to hold Big Duo up against. That way it wouldn't topple over.

In Final Stage, both arms lowered by it's side so that Big O doesn't fall forward. The knees also have to bend backward for the Cannon to be centered, thus the chains.