Arm cannon?

R. Daniel Olk 01 09-16-2006 09:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
Big O uses the weight to its advantage. With every step it takes, it swings its arms. That way it moves very swiftly without being weighed down by the pistons.

When O Thunder is activated, it has one arm bent at the elbow behind it, and its knees are bent. Big O could not do this in the Act 24 fight, so it used a building as a crutch to hold Big Duo up against. That way it wouldn't topple over.

In Final Stage, both arms lowered by it's side so that Big O doesn't fall forward. The knees also have to bend backward for the Cannon to be centered, thus the chains.

That's not what I'm talking about, silly. I was answering the earlier question as to how Big O could fire O Thunder out of both its arms at the same time.

We both agree that recoil isn't the problem. But that leaves the problem of weight, since both forearms would be out in front of Big O, follow? That's why it would be necessary for Roger to fire the anchors out behind, so that Big O won't topple forward.
Nazrael 09-16-2006 10:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
Big O uses the weight to its advantage. With every step it takes, it swings its arms. That way it moves very swiftly without being weighed down by the pistons.

When O Thunder is activated, it has one arm bent at the elbow behind it, and its knees are bent. Big O could not do this in the Act 24 fight, so it used a building as a crutch to hold Big Duo up against. That way it wouldn't topple over.

In Final Stage, both arms lowered by it's side so that Big O doesn't fall forward. The knees also have to bend backward for the Cannon to be centered, thus the chains.

That's not what I'm talking about, silly. I was answering the earlier question as to how Big O could fire O Thunder out of both its arms at the same time.

We both agree that recoil isn't the problem. But that leaves the problem of weight, since both forearms would be out in front of Big O, follow? That's why it would be necessary for Roger to fire the anchors out behind, so that Big O won't topple forward.

Actually, hip anchors would not even need to be fired at all. Big O could simply bend both elbows back so that the weight is equally in the middle.
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-16-2006 10:48 PM
That sounds reasonable, actually... now the question is, why didn't Big O do that before... o well. The main question is answered; I'm satisfied. Big Grin
Nazrael 09-16-2006 11:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
That sounds reasonable, actually... now the question is, why didn't Big O do that before... o well. The main question is answered; I'm satisfied. Big Grin

Probably because Roger had no idea what he was doing. >_>
The Lexx 09-18-2006 04:13 AM
I thought one reason that big O's forearms were so massive was to serve as shields.
Dangerous 09-18-2006 07:16 AM
He used his right hand attack against Glinda and Beck Victory Deluxe 2 (I think it was its name), and the left one against Big Duo Inferno.