Random RNH Question.

Nine Kuze 09-15-2006 10:22 AM
I was just wondering about something with Rose.

We all know the story; after Edward and Alphonse left, a civil war started between those who followed Cornello and those who opposed him. Then the miltary came and after they found out that Cornello was not only a fake but death for a long time as well, all the people in Lior rebeled against the military.

During all this, Rose was safeguarding some children, was found by the military, raped continuously until she lost her voice, and gave birth to a child because of it.

(Um, what was my question again?) Basically, I'm asking about the kid. Throughout the whole series where Dante uses the kid over and over again to open the Gate. And I'm just wondering; did they ever at any point say what the kid's gender was? If they did I don't really remember them detailing that at all. The kid also looks like a darked version of Suri Cruise.

And also, Rose Thomas > Winry Rockbell. Its elementary really.
Peace.
dominusofdeath 09-15-2006 02:18 PM
Rose was raped? Damn that blows. I only payed half attention. But the kids a boy.
Gummibear 09-15-2006 06:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI

And also, Rose Thomas > Winry Rockbell. Its elementary really.
Peace.

Yeah, I was diffenately pulling for the Roze/Ed pairing in the end. I like Winry but for some reason I just can't see her & Ed as anything more than as family( at least that's how I felt at the end of the series). Roze and Ed just seemed like a more compelling pairing. Especially after all the struggles each go through and how much they change as a result of those.

Returning to your question...

I think her baby is a boy as well. Then again I'm a little hazy, but I at least 98% sure it's a boy. Smile
Nine Kuze 09-15-2006 07:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'N Haruka
Rose was raped? Damn that blows.

Yeah, she was. By General Haruko and the other solidiers that he led into Lior. By the time Edward meets up with her again in Lior when Scar was trying to create the Philosopher's Stone, Rose already gave birth to her child and lost her voice. I didn't know that you could lose your voice from continuous rape but Rose did. And Haruko is a bastard.

quote:
Originally posted by Gummibear
Yeah, I was diffenately pulling for the Roze/Ed pairing in the end. I like Winry but for some reason I just can't see her & Ed as anything more than as family( at least that's how I felt at the end of the series). Roze and Ed just seemed like a more compelling pairing. Especially after all the struggles each go through and how much they change as a result of those.

Um, that's a good argument Gummibear. I always saw Rose as more of Edward's type. She definetly has strong feelings for the dude other than friendship but I'm hoping Alphonse gets her personally. Smile

Also, thanks for answering my question about the kid. I know I've heard before that they said it was a boy but I couldn't remember myself.

I also don't like how they used the kid and "the still strong attachment to the Gate" as a means to open it. That could have been thought out better in my opinion.
Peace.
Scourge 09-15-2006 10:12 PM
Rose losing her voice is not due to the physical act of rape but the mental scaring left behind made her so that she never wished to talk again, she could talk, she just didn't want to.

Also I had no idea that she was raped until someone pointed it out to me. I was shocked at first then I realized the anime sucks compared to the manga and should be ignored.

Also, Ran-Fan >>>>>>>>>>> all other FMA girls.
minespatch 09-16-2006 08:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
Also I had no idea that she was raped until someone pointed it out to me. I was shocked at first then I realized the anime sucks compared to the manga and should be ignored.

agreeing with you scoruge, i think the anime is confusing and wish that they kept barry the butcher longer. he was funny.

i will have no word for rose's rape.
Nine Kuze 09-18-2006 11:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
quote:

agreeing with you scoruge, i think the anime is confusing and wish that they kept barry the butcher longer. he was funny.

Barry has much longer exposure in the manga as opposed to the anime.

And as far as the anime, what was confusing about it to you? I'd like to help if able to.
Peace.
minespatch 09-18-2006 09:07 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Barry has much longer exposure in the manga as opposed to the anime.

And as far as the anime, what was confusing about it to you? I'd like to help if able to.
Peace.

what i meant was that i would have liked to see more barry in the anime, and the anime is confusing for how different the storyline is from the manga.
Scourge 09-18-2006 09:52 PM
Yeah the story in the anime is a little more confusing in the anime than in the manga.

Though that is the down fall of making an anime of an incomplete manga just to make money.
minespatch 09-19-2006 01:09 AM
quote:
Yeah the story in the anime is a little more confusing in the anime than in the manga.

Though that is the down fall of making an anime of an incomplete manga just to make money.

yeah.
Nine Kuze 10-08-2006 01:35 AM
quote:
quote:

yeah.

I don't think that can really be considered a downfall. Other animes do this as well (look at InuYasha and for a far better example, Trigun) and it does work out for the most part. Also, the anime and manga versions aren't confusing just different around the Greed saga.

Also, I have another question; throughout the entire series, they kept saying that the watches the state alchemists were issued amplified alchemic reactions. Mostly my question is, how did they do this and was there ever a time that is was ever shown? Because I always hear them say that the watches amplify the user's alchemy but I don't really remember a time that is was actually shown all that much. Just wondering about those crazy watches is all.
Peace.
Green_Bird 10-08-2006 07:13 PM
quote:
Also, I have another question; throughout the entire series, they kept saying that the watches the state alchemists were issued amplified alchemic reactions. Mostly my question is, how did they do this and was there ever a time that is was ever shown? Because I always hear them say that the watches amplify the user's alchemy but I don't really remember a time that is was actually shown all that much. Just wondering about those crazy watches is all.
Peace.

During the Ishbal war I do believe they had philosopher's stones hidden in the watches. I forget what episode it was exsplained in...it's sort of been a while since I seen the series and to tell you the truth I watched it out of order after episode 30 due to moving and not haveing CN anymore....
Nine Kuze 10-09-2006 03:12 PM
Oh right. I know what you are referring to, Green_Bird.

Mustang said it in the "Hohenheim of Light" episode, where it was Archer and Basque Gran's trick. They would take the bootleg Philosopher's Stones and store them in the state alchemist watches, like Edward's watch and the other watches that Arhcer gave Tucker during the whole Lior war arc as well.
Peace.