The Picture

SpookyElectric 09-12-2006 07:32 PM
I was wondering about the split picture seen in the last Acts of Roger shaking hands. First of all, is that Gordon or Alex? From their general appearance I gathered it was Alex at first, but upon thinking about it a bit more, it might make more sense for it to be Gordon shaking hands with Roger in that picture.. so who was it?

If it was Alex, as I originally thought, then my idea is it might be signifying that Alex was the director of the previous world and Roger negotiated with him as per Gordon's contract.

If it was Gordon, then what is the real significance of the picture? Just that Roger agreed to do the negotiation for him?

(apologies if there have been previous threads, I did know to search beforehand but searching for something like "roger picture" isn't too specific and brings up tons of things).
David Ryder 09-12-2006 07:37 PM
I can't say for certain myself. It's just one of the many mysteries season II brought up, but just decided to not answer.
Big Money 09-12-2006 08:03 PM
I think that it is generally agreed upon that its a younger Gordon, as evidenced by the domes with construction equipment in the back.

That doesn't make much sense, though, if you think about it, because Roger looks about the same age.
evanASF27 09-12-2006 08:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
That doesn't make much sense, though, if you think about it, because Roger looks about the same age.

Well Gordon *did* say he "knew a Roger Smith who had Memories". That's most likely him (the other Roger Smith) in the photo.
SpookyElectric 09-12-2006 08:08 PM
To be honest I always just assumed it was Alex in the picture, but recently I have just begun to question that... if I'm not mistaken he's wearing a white suit, but the face looks odd, it might be a younger Gordon, I'm not sure anymore. I thought maybe somehow someone knew a concrete answer about this. And along with this line of thought for me comes the question of just what the hell was wrong with Gordon at the end. I mean if I have things all correct, he was just saved from being killed by his son, and he's sitting there talking like a tiny child about being hungry.. that was always very odd for me. I understand he constantly uses tomatoes as a metaphor but in that case it really just seemed to me like he was preoccupied with wanting to eat soup..

I guess I'm going off on various wild tangents now, forgive me. Thinking about one thing leads me spiralling off into wonder about five other things. This board is really the first time discussing the show with anyone else so I have a lot of ideas to get out.
Big Money 09-12-2006 10:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SpookyElectric
To be honest I always just assumed it was Alex in the picture, but recently I have just begun to question that... if I'm not mistaken he's wearing a white suit, but the face looks odd, it might be a younger Gordon, I'm not sure anymore. I thought maybe somehow someone knew a concrete answer about this. And along with this line of thought for me comes the question of just what the hell was wrong with Gordon at the end. I mean if I have things all correct, he was just saved from being killed by his son, and he's sitting there talking like a tiny child about being hungry.. that was always very odd for me. I understand he constantly uses tomatoes as a metaphor but in that case it really just seemed to me like he was preoccupied with wanting to eat soup..

Gordon seemed like he just lost it. I mean, he was pretty senile the whole time; I think its debatable whether he was really talking about anything, ever.

quote:

I guess I'm going off on various wild tangents now, forgive me. Thinking about one thing leads me spiralling off into wonder about five other things. This board is really the first time discussing the show with anyone else so I have a lot of ideas to get out.

And hey, its what we're here for.
SEELE 08 09-12-2006 10:07 PM
I always thought it was Gordon, because he had the other half of the old picture, and his hair in the picture is nothing like Alex's not to mention he appears a bit older than Alex even than. And didn't Gordon have a contract with Roger (or a previous Roger) before the events of the series?
Nazrael 09-13-2006 05:16 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Originally posted by SpookyElectric

Gordon seemed like he just lost it. I mean, he was pretty senile the whole time; I think its debatable whether he was really talking about anything, ever.

I think Gordon only really came out when he saw the amrks on Angel's back. They must've triggered something in his mind.
minespatch 09-13-2006 03:17 PM
in one episode gordon seemed to be talking like he was in some sort of a trance. what if he has bi-polar memories?
Shadow dorothy 09-13-2006 05:11 PM
Hes insane or some thing like that.
Dominus of Requiem 09-13-2006 10:13 PM
here something that just crossed my mind what if roger wasnt realy human?
what if he was an android like R. Dorothy but doesnt know it?
like that star trek episode
SpookyElectric 09-13-2006 10:48 PM
No way, I definitely don't buy that. I'm pretty sure the only reason most people started thinking that is the shot in 26 of the robot Rogers being made on the assembly line and I'm convinced that was purely for symbolism.
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-14-2006 01:30 PM
There's the clone-theory, which states that even though Roger isn't a tomato... he's still a clone. Norman would quite possibly be the previous Roger clone, 'cept a little taller and lankier due to impurities in the cloning process.

I don't buy that one, either, though.

So.... really.... heh, who knows?