new season question...

minespatch 09-12-2006 06:04 PM
should they introduce the female goon of beck's team yam to be in the third season?
Nine Kuze 09-12-2006 06:58 PM

No offense but there's not going to be a third season. At least that's how the emphasis looks at the moment. Let it go.

But the chick in Beck's gang from the manga? Yeah, I liked her. She was the only member of Beck's gang that I liked.
Peace.
David Ryder 09-12-2006 07:03 PM
Since when did Season 3 become a fact and reality? It's as much a "fact" as this "OMG My friend has offical season III art!!! but I can't show you it!".

I'd rather them keep anything from the manga outta the actual anime. Big O Anime > Big O Manga

quote:
Let it go.

Simple yet true.
Nine Kuze 09-12-2006 07:11 PM
quote:
Since when did Season 3 become a fact and reality?

A very good question. I guess I need to re-read the "Season 3 Discussion" thread for that memo.

quote:
Big O Anime > Big O Manga

True, but the manga is still pretty damn good in its own right. Like Angel's character is much more detailed in the manga and I think its pulled off better. She a much better double agent and she pilots Big Fau. How fresh is that?

quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Simple yet true.

Peace.
David Ryder 09-12-2006 07:29 PM
quote:
True, but the manga is still pretty damn good in its own right.

True. The manga does try some new ideas. And yeah, Angels character is much more flushed out in the manga.
minespatch 09-13-2006 03:20 PM
quote:

you know what? i think i should have spoken my question as "if there was a season three, should yam be in there?".
Nine Kuze 09-13-2006 03:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
quote:

you know what? i think i should have spoken my question as "if there was a season three, should yam be in there?".

There you go.

And she should have been in the gang from the start.
Peace.
Gummibear 09-13-2006 06:34 PM
I *love* Jason Beck! BUT...whether there will be a third season or not is fuzzy. I think my brother said he saw a weird bump on AS one time a little while ago but I'm pretty sure they were just kind of messing with us. Anywho it would be fun to see a little Beck groupie, for comic relief. Although I would agree she should have been in the gang from the get-go!
Dominus of Requiem 09-13-2006 09:54 PM
i dont care about ms. beck
all i need are some good ol fashoned megadeus
SpookyElectric 09-13-2006 11:18 PM
Really, when you think about it, especially considering the ending of the second season, how could there be another season? What would it be, the same as watching from the beginning of season 1 again with a few changes? We may not have figured it all completely out, it may be impossible to do so, who knows, but it does seem like we got the ending to a series in Act 26. I can't imagine, what would even happen in a season 3? Understand it or not all the main storyline and plot points we had in season 1 and 2 were settled by the end because of the reset (no I am not implying that every loose end was clearly answered), so anything new would be a complete retreading of season 1.
Sharpshooter005 09-13-2006 11:37 PM
quote:
I think my brother said he saw a weird bump on AS one time a little while ago but I'm pretty sure they were just kind of messing with us.

Periodically they'll make light of this whole thing, yes.
David Ryder 09-13-2006 11:50 PM
quote:
I think my brother said he saw a weird bump on AS one time a little while ago but I'm pretty sure they were just kind of messing with us.

Yeah, AS often likes to point out that there is still no third season, however, it doesn't really bother me.
Mike 09-14-2006 11:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by SpookyElectric
Really, when you think about it, especially considering the ending of the second season, how could there be another season? What would it be, the same as watching from the beginning of season 1 again with a few changes? We may not have figured it all completely out, it may be impossible to do so, who knows, but it does seem like we got the ending to a series in Act 26. I can't imagine, what would even happen in a season 3? Understand it or not all the main storyline and plot points we had in season 1 and 2 were settled by the end because of the reset (no I am not implying that every loose end was clearly answered), so anything new would be a complete retreading of season 1.

It was *not* restarted to the beginning of Season 1. Angel and Dorothy were seen standing on the corner, and don't forget that Roger drove in that same place a few times during the series. I think what happened is that there was another "the event" like 40 years ago, but this time, everyone remembered.
Nine Kuze 09-14-2006 07:10 PM
quote:

I keep asking the same thing.

If there were a season three, what would it be all about? It wasn't done in the best way but everything about and what runs Paradigm City was shown to us.

But if there was, there would have to be an episode revolving around Norman and Michael Seebach.
Peace.
Shredder 09-14-2006 09:31 PM
quote:

I agree. As disappointed as I was with the ending of Act 26, and much as I'd like to see the creators of the series return to the greatness of season 1 (and much of 2), I can't see how it's really possible. Once you're not even sure what or who is "real" anymore, how can you go back to wondering about the "event" or the mysteries of Paradigm City, which, along with the excellent characters, was a large part of what made the show so enjoyable? That ending not only took something away from the entire series for me, but I think it kind of ruined it. I'm sorry for not being all that interested in exploring the many "resets" of Paradigm City (which is now fictional even within the series) or how many "Rogers" or whoever else there were/are. The best we can hope for is a decent explanation of what Paradigm City is supposed to be. A virtual reality? Some kind of TV show? A game? Meh, no thanks.

PS -Plus, do you really want to see an entire new season without Schwarzwald? I didn't think so...